💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

news

Gaga: I want this to be about my life and not just visuals @MillionReasons

Noah X

Featured Posts

Evan Peters
14 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

She can still make great videos about her life. Lana Del Rey does that. MR is poor.

Lana hasn't had a good video since national anthem, don't lie to yourself lmao 

emma roberts is an abuser

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers me is that she's basically saying that visuals cannot be personal when she's been saying the exact opposite since the beginning of her career.

That's what I loved about her: visuals didn't mean she wasn't being her, being weird didn't mean she wasn't being her, you can be weird, you can be creative, and it doesn't mean you're less real. The whole thing about Gaga was that you don't need to "fit in" to be you, and now it seems like what is outside the box, what is "extravagant" is seen as "not personal". 

She clearly changed her mind on that, but then I don't know what to think now.. 

pedrohemg
1 minute ago, Evan Peters said:

Actually, I don't know what Lana has been doing lately. When I use her as an example I'm thinking of her 2011-2012 videos.

Gaga Monster

the video is still really bad. Videos can be personal and at least look like some effort was put in.

GGD Presidential Elections

monstereo
3 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

Excuse you

Now THIS is how you make a personal vid for a ballad

Ooolong
3 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Actually, I don't know what Lana has been doing lately. When I use her as an example I'm thinking of her 2011-2012 videos.

Understandable; although I still think her early videos are pretty theatrical, which I think Gaga wants to avoid.  

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Total nonsense. An over acted, poorly directed, fake behind the scenes music video is no more "about your life" than an over elaborate music videos in which you overdose (Mary The Night), or in which you are killed and your money stolen is by businessmen (GUY), or in which you are limping through a tunnel of light with a prosthetic leg (Applause.)

Creating compelling visuals and creating personal visuals to accompany her music aren't two different things. She should be doing both.

The Surrealist
4 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

These are amazing, wyd.

JohnnyVersace
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

Total nonsense. An over acted, poorly directed, fake behind the scenes music video is no more "about your life" than an over elaborate music videos in which you overdose (Mary The Night), or in which you are killed and your money stolen by businessmen (GUY), or in which you are limping through a tunnel of light with a prosthetic leg (Applause.)

Creating compelling visuals and creating personal visuals to accompany her music aren't two different things. She should be doing both.

JSBTl.gif

The Fame Joanne

I will not change my opinion because of this :nails:

I'm not against a personal video or personal album. I love Joanne. But this video is just bad imo. But if she likes it then good for her 

3 minutes ago, CallMe said:

What bothers me is that she's basically saying that visuals cannot be personal when she's been saying the exact opposite since the beginning of her career.

That's what I loved about her: visuals didn't mean she wasn't being her, being weird didn't mean she wasn't being her, you can be weird, you can be creative, and it doesn't mean you're less real. The whole thing about Gaga was that you don't need to "fit in" to be you, and now it seems like what is outside the box, what is "extravagant" is seen as "not personal". 

She clearly changed her mind on that, but then I don't know what to think now.. 

well, she means what she says, that the album/songs are very personal & that little monsters/managers/cryptics should not equalize things that don't have the same importance.

Right now she wants to perform the songs & live out the "life" that is inside of them, instead of trying to give them any meaning through visuals, instead just let the mean something through themselves.

JohnnyVersace

Tbh I'm just letting this video die and moving on.

She's capable of much more and I look forward to seeing what she does for the rest of the videos and the Super Bowl. 

Archived