Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga: I want this to be about my life and not just visuals @MillionReasons

Noah X

Featured Posts

pedrohemg
2 hours ago, ToughHooker said:

in which aspects does Lana Del Rey do it better or different though?

Lana videos are well produced. They're much more then Gaga being hugged by her friends or crying in front a mirror and most important, they  make sense. I believe in her acting. MR clearly means something to Gaga but in my opinion the MV didn't translate that meaning well. Those parts of Gaga singing in a Apple commercial style are nonsense and show no emotions.

PS: I don't know what Lana has been doing lately. When I use her as an example I'm thinking of her 2011-2012 videos and I'm comparing them only to the MR mv. All the previous Gaga's videos are much better then Lana's.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mona Vanderwaal said:

No need to be so patronizing, oldie. 

The fact that the video is about a personal subject doesn't immediately make it good. 

Drag ha!

6 hours ago, Same DNA said:

Actually I like the video's execution. It's minimalistic and straightforward

Well see Im glad that someone likes it, but for me it just doesnt cut it, it feels as though it was all put together in 48 hours and like she didnt care about it, I miss cohesion...I expected much more especially since it feels like its one of her favorite songs she has ever done

PaperIz
17 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

She can still make great videos about her life. Lana Del Rey does that. MR is poor.

Lana makes terrible videos lol 

Daenerys
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

y'all are STILL crying over this damn video? She literally doesn't even listen or care about y'all so what do y'all expect her to do? quick release another music video where she's twerking in a f*cking field screaming the lyrics as dancers play guitars around her :rip: get a grip.

I also admire what she's doing, she's doing what she's always done- making videos about her life ala MTN & GUY just without all the excess, PI was about her fans and love life being an illusion and this is about after her team abandoned her etc and her friends/family lifted her up. It's not HARD to understand that :rip:

I like that idea. 

Someone, write that down for future reference! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Getting fed up of all these new members clearly aged between about 11 and 16 who don't have a profile picture commenting horrendous things because they're still too young to understand real human emotions and life experiences :nails:

Well. This is Gaga's work and Gaga's story and I see that she has a plan in how she wants to present it to the world and of how she wants it to appear and with how she wants it styled, so I just want to trust her instinct and follow with what she is wanting to convey with this album and era. She as an artist has thought this out. If you are in with watching how she turns this out, enjoy this era and if not, go away for awhile and wait and see what comes next for Gaga. The same can be said for most artists, who take risks and who like to do their own thing, besides just playing safe with current music trends and images.

I'd rather enjoy watching Gaga doing Gaga and what she is in the mood for than see her just being an industry puppet and cashing in on the superficial and trend.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

That J
3 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Yes actually. Gaga's meteoric rise from the unseen depths and into a house that has parties, games, fame--what Gaga wanted for that album and for her life. Falling off a balcony?? Are you seriously coming after Paparazzi? Her first known video with an elaborate viral plot??

I'm not "seriously" coming for anything.  I love those videos too and the statements they made.  However, I'm also older and really appreciating the Joanne era because it's more inward. That doesn't lend itself to the bravado once seen but it doesn't mean it won't be seen again. It's sad how so many aren't enjoying it or just ripping or "coming after" the MR video, for example.  I do miss the outrageous yet honest statements of the past but for now I can appreciate and relate to the inward meditation that Joanne is.  That's all I'm saying.  Peace. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

i'm still reading this thread, but i just wanted to comment on the ppl saying that simple visuals are okay. 

edit: this turned out longer than i thought it would. sorry for the rant. :noparty:

you are absolutely right. the giant lotus flower in japan, the pink moon on x factor i think it was, the recreation of her backyard for AMA's are all simple visuals that are GORGEOUS & that is exactly what i and many other expected for MR. just bc we are calling it like we see it doesn't mean we all wanted a high fashion, over the top, kubrick video. 

honestly as the weeks go on its breaking my heart to come to the realization that maybe she just doesn't want to do all of this anymore. sometimes the way she speaks (like in the short video this thread is og about) just sounds like she's saying "goodbye" in a lot more words. 

she's crying all the time now & doesn't even seem semi-bubbly like she did in the short PI era. when she speaks about her mental health & what she went through & is going through i don't think she's playing the victim. but when she contradicts herself on what she stands for, what her music is about, where she says she's going with it...idk something isn't right & i know i am not the only one who feels this way. i think its very telling when the core of her fans (not her yes-men) are becoming divided over whats going on. 

a lot of times ever since her original team broke apart it just seems like she's doing this whole "i'll show you & this is what you did to me" & its been how many years now with failed attempts.

and i just think this alienation test she has been doing with her fans, and really anybody that listens to her, is wrong & she's going to end up losing a lot more than she realizes right now. 

and she keeps eluding to how she would be happy without all of this & she just seems deeply unhappy even now. so leave! so do whats healthy & right for you gaga, do what makes you happy. but don't keep dragging yourself and us through this whole "i don't want to be here anymore but i'm waiting for someone to tell me to leave" thing. its depressing. 

i'm a huge gaga fan & have been since 2008 & i had high hopes for the joanne era. this is the era i was waiting for, this was the music i always wanted to hear her make. i was ready for her to mix ethereal with punk/rock/americana. and this is what we get? its extremely disappointing. this is a lot to just simply say that gaga does not feel or is coming off as a visual artist anymore. and maybe if she loosened the reigns a little & let production professionals (my bf is even a video editor in the industry & makes music videos for artists) have a little hand in her visuals & videos then it would turn out a lot better & more cohesive. 

Katie14
1 hour ago, buddh1sm said:

i'm still reading this thread, but i just wanted to comment on the ppl saying that simple visuals are okay. 

edit: this turned out longer than i thought it would. sorry for the rant. :noparty:

you are absolutely right. the giant lotus flower in japan, the pink moon on x factor i think it was, the recreation of her backyard for AMA's are all simple visuals that are GORGEOUS & that is exactly what i and many other expected for MR. just bc we are calling it like we see it doesn't mean we all wanted a high fashion, over the top, kubrick video. 

honestly as the weeks go on its breaking my heart to come to the realization that maybe she just doesn't want to do all of this anymore. sometimes the way she speaks (like in the short video this thread is og about) just sounds like she's saying "goodbye" in a lot more words. 

she's crying all the time now & doesn't even seem semi-bubbly like she did in the short PI era. when she speaks about her mental health & what she went through & is going through i don't think she's playing the victim. but when she contradicts herself on what she stands for, what her music is about, where she says she's going with it...idk something isn't right & i know i am not the only one who feels this way. i think its very telling when the core of her fans (not her yes-men) are becoming divided over whats going on. 

a lot of times ever since her original team broke apart it just seems like she's doing this whole "i'll show you & this is what you did to me" & its been how many years now with failed attempts.

and i just think this alienation test she has been doing with her fans, and really anybody that listens to her, is wrong & she's going to end up losing a lot more than she realizes right now. 

and she keeps eluding to how she would be happy without all of this & she just seems deeply unhappy even now. so leave! so do whats healthy & right for you gaga, do what makes you happy. but don't keep dragging yourself and us through this whole "i don't want to be here anymore but i'm waiting for someone to tell me to leave" thing. its depressing. 

i'm a huge gaga fan & have been since 2008 & i had high hopes for the joanne era. this is the era i was waiting for, this was the music i always wanted to hear her make. i was ready for her to mix ethereal with punk/rock/americana. and this is what we get? its extremely disappointing. this is a lot to just simply say that gaga does not feel or is coming off as a visual artist anymore. and maybe if she loosened the reigns a little & let production professionals (my bf is even a video editor in the industry & makes music videos for artists) have a little hand in her visuals & videos then it would turn out a lot better & more cohesive. 

I honestly think she is crying so often because she is allowing herself and is more able to be in touch with her emotions. I don't think she is more unhappy now, she is just more sensitive because she doesn't have this hard protective shell around her anymore. 

How is she contradicting herself?

PaperIz
5 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

Her early videos like this were amazing but she hasn't made an exciting one in a while with the exception of Music to Watch Boys To

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Well. This is Gaga's work and Gaga's story and I see that she has a plan in how she wants to present it to the world and of how she wants it to appear and with how she wants it styled, so I just want to trust her instinct and follow with what she is wanting to convey with this album and era. She as an artist has thought this out. If you are in with watching how she turns this out, enjoy this era and if not, go away for awhile and wait and see what comes next for Gaga. The same can be said for most artists, who take risks and who like to do their own thing, besides just playing safe with current music trends and images.

I'd rather enjoy watching Gaga doing Gaga and what she is in the mood for than see her just being an industry puppet and cashing in on the superficial and trend.

Exactly

I live outside the space time continuum.

Mr Ricky

Some comments here are actually disgusting.

tumblr_o8jhdnnibf1uohmvgo1_500.gif

---

She broke up with Taylor and still feels that part of emptyness, you can clearly see it. 

She is suffering from PTSD, something she just reveiled by telling us. 

She had high hopes for Hillary Clinton to win, but Hillary didn't win. 

She's given us interviews for what the songs mean. No focus on visuals, so why bother complaining about the video. Who cares it's recycled stuff, it's showing something that is a sequel to what she is showing us. 

Formula: 

Using Drugs - Thinking everything is okay - Drugs Worn off - Lost hope on the ground - Friends found her - Realises she still has to go on and make the best out of it - goes to shoot Apple Music Commercial (an example of her work, performance/commercial/interview) - Does something to please the fans - Story of her life. 

-- 

What can you NOT understand about that? Can't you guys just think on how she feels? We don't exactly know, but can you realise if your friend keeps something from you and has to hide his/her pain behind a smile and happy emotions. 

Crossfit

pedrohemg
24 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

Her early videos like this were amazing but she hasn't made an exciting one in a while with the exception of Music to Watch Boys To

I don't know what she has been doing lately. I just wanted to show you can make great videos for a ballad.

Archived