Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Here's A Thought

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

There's so much negativity on this site and it makes me sad for Gaga's fan base. I think during the ARTPOP era is when I kind of realized Gaga's shift from the GP. 

Heres a refreshing thought I had today: Why don't we just enjoy the music and ACCEPT what Gaga is giving us rather than criticize and critique every little thing she does.

- Sure she's had cosmetic procedures, who hasn't? Doesn't affect her music.

- Yes her sound has changed, but it always changes with EVERY album.

- Yes her albums' impact on the GP, music charts, sales, and media has changed. SO WHAT?!

There are tons of artists who start big and then do their own thing for years and years, regardless of the mainstream. Hell, even Madonna, arguably the biggest female pop star of all time has had "flop" records lately.

I'm taking a step back and just enjoying the music and the visuals that come along with it. I have witnessed in person and many other times Gaga's raw talent and will support her til the end. It's so much easier to just ACCEPT that things change meanwhile still supporting my favorite artist.

She has stated several times that she is more concerned with making art and meaningful music than what the pop charts and mainstream want/expect.

Why are we so concerned with how the GP responds? Currently, one of the biggest songs in the world is about walking funny because of d**k (Ariana + Nicki). I don't know about you but I would much rather support real talent and artists outside of "The Machine".

Love you Gaga. ❤

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Batwings

Here's a bit of advice, and it may come off as a bit harsh, but I've found it to be true over the years:

If you want to thoroughly enjoy something that Gaga has done, stay away from GGD for a week or two after it's released. I'm pretty desensitized to much of the negativity now, but in the past, on some occasions, the negative criticism has been overwhelming.

That's not to say that GGD is a wholly negative environment, but unfortunately, there are (and always have been) members who feel the need to not only denigrate Gaga's work but also criticize those who appreciate it.

BlingNotTheMusic
5 minutes ago, Batwings said:

Here's a bit of advice, and it may come off as a bit harsh, but I've found it to be true over the years:

If you want to thoroughly enjoy something that Gaga has done, stay away from GGD for a week or two after it's released. I'm pretty desensitized to much of the negativity now, but in the past, on some occasions, the negative criticism has been overwhelming.

That's not to say that GGD is a wholly negative environment, but unfortunately, there are (and always have been) members who feel the need to not only denigrate Gaga's work but also criticize those who appreciate it.

You know, you're absolutely right. 

I only joined back in Aug when Joanne was first somewhat announced and while I enjoy reading Gaga news first and reading the comments from everyone, a lot of it is super negative. Everything in moderation...

17 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

I'm taking a step back and just enjoying the music and the visuals that come along with it. I have witnessed in person and many other times Gaga's raw talent and will support her til the end. It's so much easier to just ACCEPT that things change meanwhile still supporting my favorite artist.

THIS. Sometimes during ARTPOP, although I loved the album, I used to be concerned about how Gaga changed and how I missed the old days but then I realized it's better to just fully enjoy the era and appreciate the incredible things Gaga creates for us :D

15 minutes ago, Batwings said:

So true. Yesterday, after watching the video I thought it was so beautiful and when I came here on GGD I found out that almost everyone was dragging the video, complaining about it and even saying it only showed Gaga putting her makeup on :saladga: I can't understand this fanbase sometimes :neyde:

PetiteMonstre
27 minutes ago, Batwings said:

This is SO true.

Being on Gaga forums since 2010, there is always immediate backlash and criticism, with EVERYTHING. Every single thing she's put out, there will always be people who loudly hate it immediately, even if it goes on to become a classic. 

The Fame Joanne

1. Most people have no cosmetic procedures done

2. Madonna had 25 extremely succesful years before she declined and she is still bigger than Gaga is today

3. If she cared so much about creating art she wouldn't have released recycled ootage as a music video after letting her fans wait over a onth for it 

Batwings
1 hour ago, LoisLilMonster said:

So true. Yesterday, after watching the video I thought it was so beautiful and when I came here on GGD I found out that almost everyone was dragging the video, complaining about it and even saying it only showed Gaga putting her makeup on :saladga: I can't understand this fanbase sometimes :neyde:

This has happened to me so many times on multiple projects. I did avoid the forum for a while, especially after ARTPOP was released because I knew what to expect, and I didn't want to deal with the negativity.

1 hour ago, PetiteMonstre said:

This is SO true.

Being on Gaga forums since 2010, there is always immediate backlash and criticism, with EVERYTHING. Every single thing she's put out, there will always be people who loudly hate it immediately, even if it goes on to become a classic. 

I remember when people dragged Born This Way to the pits, calling it a sloppy, overproduced mess with cringey lyrics. Now, it's many people's favorite album ever.  :madge:  The knee-jerk negativity is exhausting.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

This has happened to me so many times on multiple projects. I did avoid the forum for a while, especially after ARTPOP was released because I knew what to expect, and I didn't want to deal with the negativity.

I remember when people dragged Born This Way to the pits, calling it a sloppy, overproduced mess with cringey lyrics. Now, it's many people's favorite album ever.  :madge:  The knee-jerk negativity is exhausting.

And BTW is legit a masterpiece in my opinion. Listen to it frequently. Just wish we had more positivity. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, however the negative ones tend to push it down our throats. It's SO much easier to just accept it and move on. It's not that serious. 

Artists make music to make music. Now there is this expectation of promo, performances, videos, "looks", etc. You can't please everyone. 

I think if you just accept everything though then there really is no point of this site being a forum, it might as well be a news site. 

We're here to share and discuss everything Gaga related and everyone is free to join in on that discussion to the parts that interest them the most- and that includes the huge amount of amazing things she does- not just the negative- even if sometimes the negative voice shouts a little louder than the praise.

Definitely, I think lessons could be learned in places by how to express negative opinions without being rude or melting down, but this place is all about interpreting Gaga's work because of how much we admire her.

Not everyone wants to look at opinions and discussions on Gaga's work, and that is perfectly ok too :heart: But I don't think this is the best place for that.

BlingNotTheMusic
29 minutes ago, Bear said:

I think if you just accept everything though then there really is no point of this site being a forum, it might as well be a news site. 

We're here to share and discuss everything Gaga related and everyone is free to join in on that discussion to the parts that interest them the most- and that includes the huge amount of amazing things she does- not just the negative- even if sometimes the negative voice shouts a little louder than the praise.

Definitely, I think lessons could be learned in places by how to express negative opinions without being rude or melting down, but this place is all about interpreting Gaga's work because of how much we admire her.

Not everyone wants to look at opinions and discussions on Gaga's work, and that is perfectly ok too  But I don't think this is the best place for that.

Totes agree with you. Just kind of over the negativity. 

Archived