💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Video Premiere: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

GagaStan95

Featured Posts

thehanyo
1 minute ago, Free My Mind said:

so for you to like something you need others to like it also?

I feel the same way Lady Gaga feels. Did you not see her lash out at those critics on Twitter? She cares deeply. And I care, too, because it affects her choices in the future.

I guaranTEA you that if ARTPOP were a smash, critical success, we would NOT have Joanne. LG5 would be another dance record, and tbh, I would have preferred that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Free My Mind
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

I feel the same way Lady Gaga feels. Did you not see her lash out at those critics on Twitter? She cares deeply. And I care, too, because it affects her choices in the future.

I guaranTEA you that if ARTPOP were a smash, critical success, we would NOT have Joanne. LG5 would be another dance record, and tbh, I would have preferred that.

I do care about it, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the music.

I wholeheartedly believe that we would have Joanne. It's where Gaga is artistically, now.

thehanyo
Just now, Free My Mind said:

I do care about it, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the music.

I wholeheartedly believe that we would have Joanne. It's where Gaga is artistically, now.

Gaga is only there artistically because critics and the public pushed her in that direction. With ARTPOP, critics and the public basically told her that she had gone too far, and that she needed to strip it all back. So she did that.

Mark Ronson produced the #1, biggest song of 2015. She didn't choose him to produce Joanne because that's where she is artistically. She chose him because she wanted a smash album.

LOVE the video! I think the reason why most monsters don't care for it is because we have seen her this vulnerable before so it's not as personal to us as it is to the GP.  Watch it again and really focus on her state of mind.  Your heart will break for her.  Almost cried watching it again a few hours later. I love you Gaga! :kara:

Free My Mind
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

Gaga is only there artistically because critics and the public pushed her in that direction. With ARTPOP, critics and the public basically told her that she had gone too far, and that she needed to strip it all back. So she did that.

Mark Ronson produced the #1, biggest song of 2015. She didn't choose him to produce Joanne because that's where she is artistically. She chose him because she wanted a smash album.

I don't agree. Why would she bin all the RedOne songs that critics were so hyped about when they got wind of their collaboration?

thehanyo
Just now, Free My Mind said:

I don't agree. Why would she bin all the RedOne songs that critics were so hyped about when they got wind of their collaboration?

When was the last time RedOne produced a hit song?

Free My Mind
2 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

When was the last time RedOne produced a hit song?

that's irrelevant.

Gaga X RedOne is foolproof and radio friendly, 

Mark is much more risky. Just because he had one hit, doesn't make him radio friendly and a certain hit.

metalguru
1 hour ago, suchheights8 said:

I totally understand that, but that truly is the evolution of an artist. Her influence of David Bowie was super prevalent when she was finding her self and I think that she is starting to build her own persona without the obvious Bowie and Madonna influence. I agree, Joanne is not "strong" music per-say but I think it is the evolution into something more exciting and dark....i hope. I think her dark gothic looks that she randomly does right now are hints to the future. I really think Joanne was the album she NEEDED to create in order to create those pop bops....she had pain in her and she really is a true artist and she needed to express that pain in the only way she knows how. I mean she literally created this album in less than 6 months....there is a whole other album out there we have not heard I KNOW IT

I agree with you. But I am also not that optimistic about future. I really don't care American Horror Story or Star Is Born. These project will only make her image more kitschy. Also, I don't really think Gaga is in a stable place right now. Joanne has tons of guest musicians but we can't even discover their efforts. Maybe she is too stubborn? I don't know. But I will always feel sad about this era. She has a great opportunity to do something solid, deep and emotional but wrong choices and general attitude eclipsed the whole process again. She needs to get out of herself. So many stories about PTSD, pressure of record company, betrayals from fans to team, her father, the restaurant etc etc. Joanne is not a jumping point to something darker. It is a very mediocre album. Gaga is one of these artists that needs to be frontier all the time. If she is not frontier, she needs to be something quiet yet grand. She understood that as high notes and Christian references... 

Also, I think, music is all about analogies between the past and the future. Open any music magazines and you are going to find that Human League is like this Bowie is like that. It is an act of legacy, like literature, you are your own but you are part of a stream. Gaga is out of touch with this video. Period. 

MarryTheAngel

Tbh I really liked it. Were people expecting intense choreography, intense fashion, and old Gaga craziness? Cause this ain't the song henny.

I don't get this video at all. Why is she crying? What is the story? What is the point of this being a continuation of PI? I assume the whole saga is about the break-up with Taylor, but why isn't this alluded to in the imagery? If she wants to get honest and personal with her fans, why is she still keeping us at an arm's length by making us guess what's going on? 

I really don't mind the video other than that. But much like PI, I have little desire to watch it again. I'll be honest, I will be glad to see the back of this inauthentically authentic Joanne era, it's not doing much for me at all.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

20 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

You are right on the money, sis.

metalguru
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I don't get this video at all. Why is she crying? What is the story? What is the point of this being a continuation of PI? I assume the whole saga is about the break-up with Taylor, but why isn't this alluded to in the imagery? If she wants to get honest and personal with her fans, why is she still keeping us at an arm's length by making us guess what's going on? 

I really don't mind the video other than that. But much like PI, I have little desire to watch it again. I'll be honest, I will be glad to see the back of this inauthentically authentic Joanne era, it's not doing much for me at all.

And enough self stories please. What happened the fantasies of a pop star? 

50 minutes ago, FE59 said:

This to me, seems as the unhappiest I have ever seen Gaga.

This discussion is not about making fans or losing them. We critique because we do care. Because we do love her.

When you see someone so capable of artistic greatness and someone who is such a staple in the creative world it is hard not to feel disappointment.

On the contrary, producing and releasing material like the MR video (not the music!) in my eyes conforms more to the "this is what they want from me so I must do it" mentality you mentioned.

Judas, You & I, MtN was her in her element.

Gaga is in a happy place now which gives her the strength to deal with her fears, loses and her failures, the PI and MR videos are representing them.. she's showing us the struggle, the pain and little by little how she fought everything and rise again.

You feel disappointed because you don't understand her artistry at the moment, it's another side and another layer, sometimes you can find beautiful things in the simple things..

But the fans didn't want this video from her, she did exactly what the fans didn't want and didn't expect, she did what she wanted.. yes it's a big **** you to the fans but she's not our doll.. even her mind needs a rest..

Judas, You & I, MTN were a mess, full of elements and ideas that got blended together into a messy message that it's barely understandable..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

1 minute ago, metalguru said:

And enough self stories please. What happened the fantasies of a pop star? 

I know, I had to roll my eyes at the "backstage" set. I can't think of anything more inauthentic than a pop star inviting her fans to see a more personal side of her by filming a video of her pretending to cry on a set made to look like a dressing room.  

Authenticity would have been a compilation of home movies of her and Taylor, or hell, even her singing to the stars in her backyard. This whole video just felt as artificial as anything she's done before (just without the creativity).

3 minutes ago, River said:

Gaga is in a happy place now which gives her the strength to deal with her fears, loses and her failures, the PI and MR videos are representing them.. she's showing us the struggle, the pain and little by little how she fought everything and rise again.

You feel disappointed because you don't understand her artistry at the moment, it's another side and another layer, sometimes you can find beautiful things in the simple things..

But the fans didn't want this video from her, she did exactly what the fans didn't want and didn't expect, she did what she wanted.. yes it's a big **** you to the fans but she's not our doll.. even her mind needs a rest..

Judas, You & I, MTN were a mess, full of elements and ideas that got blended together into a messy message that it's barely understandable..

She literally just said the other day that she was diagnosed with PTSD. Plus she only broke up with her fiance of five years a few months ago. She's not happy.  

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived