💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Video Premiere: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

GagaStan95

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Haroon said:

@GerMC merged your thread into here :) 

Ok perfect. So what's the point in sharing an opinion if it gets thrown in with a generic thread? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon
2 minutes ago, GerMC said:

Ok perfect. So what's the point in sharing an opinion if it gets thrown in with a generic thread? 

Because it wasn't really bringing anything new to the table that was starting discussion that couldn't have just been posted here :sweat: 

Think about it this way, if we allowed every opinion about this music video then we'd have about 1000 threads since yesterday all about people's individual opinions on one music video. Instead of having those 1000+ threads why not just have one thread where people can discuss their opinions together? :huh: Not everything everyone says needs a thread, especially if there's an existing thread specifically for people to post opinions in :ohno: 

Reality
6 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I respect your analysis, but it's BS.

If what you're saying is true, then Joanne is a total farce. This "busy work", (the singing, promo, performances, award shows, music videos) is her passion. This girl was born to sing and dance and perform and push the boundaries of pop culture. And now that she's "not into" it, she gets to half-ass her music videos and artistry, and I'm supposed to be ok with it?

I'm sorry but no. I have stood by this woman through the pain, the wackiness, the beautiful creativity, and this is unacceptable. This does nothing to show us that she cares or wants to push forward. This show us that Mommy is sad that she's an over-exposed pop star, and put out a cringe-worthy piece of trash that makes her look like a complete fraud, and a bad actress tbh. 

I never get heated on here, but I've also never seen Gaga half-ass something so deliberately, and put out a video with absolutely ZERO worth or emotion or message. It's heart-breaking and troublesome tbh.

When I meant "busy work", I meant doing the thing she doesn't necessarily like doing. I'm not saying that she doesn't enjoy singing, it's obviously her passion. What I'm saying is that maybe the expressions on her face during the scenes when she's putting on her makeup/getting ready are suppose to be her expressing her dissatisfaction for some of the things she has to do as a pop star.

And, I'm sorry, but who are you to criticize her work like that? I personally like the video, do I completely love it, is it my favorite Gaga video, absolutely not, but I like it. 

Just because you don't like it, do not say that she just half-assed it make it sound like it's the worst thing she's ever done. I swear, the overreaction and the fact that some of you are taking this so personally and feel like she's just "given up" has shown me that she hasn't given up, but you have. She had a while to do this video, and I'm sure that she's very happy with it.

If you don't like it, then don't watch it, but people with that kind of attitude are what's making this era difficult for people who actually want to enjoy it. What's heart-breaking and troublesome is the blatant hate for it—not even constructive criticism, just blatant hate—and for her career.

🃏🖤👹

4 hours ago, Gonzi said:

She didn't recycle the Apple Music visuals just for the sake of it, she's actually telling the story of how she went straight from the break-up to working on a new era just for us. She was definitely not ready, but I feel like she didn't want to let us down for a 3rd time. The storyline of both videos actually make sense if you listen closely to the lyrics and give yourselves (the fans) a place in it.

wow that actually makes sense

DanMonster

I just wanted to say I really liked the video because it really felt like she wanted us to connect to her in a more human way as she also said in a video recently! Gaga expressed a lot of rare pain in this video and if she somehow reads this I want to thank her for doing that and let you know that there are so many Monsters who are here supporting you! :hug:

JohnnyVersace
14 hours ago, M Monstre said:

When I meant "busy work", I meant doing the thing she doesn't necessarily like doing. I'm not saying that she doesn't enjoy singing, it's obviously her passion. What I'm saying is that maybe the expressions on her face during the scenes when she's putting on her makeup/getting ready are suppose to be her expressing her dissatisfaction for some of the things she has to do as a pop star.

And, I'm sorry, but who are you to criticize her work like that? I personally like the video, do I completely love it, is it my favorite Gaga video, absolutely not, but I like it. 

Just because you don't like it, do not say that she just half-assed it make it sound like it's the worst thing she's ever done. I swear, the overreaction and the fact that some of you are taking this so personally and feel like she's just "given up" has shown me that she hasn't given up, but you have. She had a while to do this video, and I'm sure that she's very happy with it.

If you don't like it, then don't watch it, but people with that kind of attitude are what's making this era difficult for people who actually want to enjoy it. What's heart-breaking and troublesome is the blatant hate for it—not even constructive criticism, just blatant hate—and for her career.

Who am I to criticize? I'm a die-hard fan. Someone who has made life choices because of how this woman inspired me and guided me into the fashion industry. I'm a consumer who gives her more money than I'd like to admit, has been to all the tours and even some intimate performances. Someone who adores her and her art.

I think that's a valid enough reason for me to voice my opinion, as should you. And let's not forget, criticism pushes art forward. Art doesn't exist without criticism. This is a forum on a POP STAR, criticism and opinions of all sorts are valid and welcomed IMO. 

This IS half-assed. You can't combine recycled footage from PI and the Apple ad, and then add some black and white filler footage from Paris and NOT have it look half-assed. That's not a read, it's simply a fact. She didn't put the effort or thought into this video as she did in the past, and clearly it shows. 

I love Joanne. I think that the Dive Bar performance in NY was literally her greatest live show maybe ever. I would people who can't take criticism to get off their high-horse and realize that opinions her artistry not meant to make "Gaga sad" or be hateful. We're all critics of pop music and culture, and we rightfully can all voice our individual opinions on the matter.

Reality
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Who am I to criticize? I'm a die-hard fan. Someone who has made life choices because of how this woman inspired me and guided me into the fashion industry. I'm a consumer who gives her more money than I'd like to admit, has been to all the tours and even some intimate performances. Someone who adores her and her art.

I think that's a valid enough reason for me to voice my opinion, as should you. And let's not forget, criticism pushes art forward. Art doesn't exist without criticism. This is a forum on a POP STAR, criticism and opinions of all sorts are valid and welcomed IMO. 

This IS half-assed. You can't combine recycled footage from PI and the Apple ad, and then add some black and white filler footage from Paris and NOT have it look half-assed. That's not a read, it's simply a fact. She didn't put the effort or thought into this video as she did in the past, and clearly it shows. 

I love Joanne. I think that the Dive Bar performance in NY was literally her greatest live show maybe ever. I would people who can't take criticism to get off their high-horse and realize that opinions her artistry not meant to make "Gaga sad" or be hateful. We're all critics of pop music and culture, and we rightfully can all voice our individual opinions on the matter.

You voluntarily buy her stuff, you voluntarily go to her concerts, you voluntarily get on a forum dedicated to her. She doesn't owe you anything. You doing all these things doesn't mean you—using "you" in a general context, please don't assume I'm directing this towards you—have have the right to just completely hate and trash the video.

Criticism and opinions are welcome, of course they are, despite how much I may disagree with people, opinions are what I love, because we can actually have intelligent conversations instead of just posting a gif or something. That said, some people are not giving criticism. There's a difference between constructive criticism, like, "She could have done 'x' better, or she could have incorporated _____ into the video", and just saying "This is utter sh*t. The video's so lazy, she's lost her creativity, what the f*ck is this?!" That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course you can express your opinion, and people who say that you can't aren't being equal and fair; however, I just want to make a point that you can be constructive and critical without being judgmental. 

On the topic of the video, it uses footage from PI, because it's a continuation from the video, if she didn't use that footage, and told us that it would be a continuation from PI, people would be wondering where, since there would be no context.

And honestly, if she hadn't done that Apple commercial, some of you wouldn't be complaining about the footage. Most of the complaints are because it's lazy and stuff, but think about it this way, imagine she hadn't done the Apple commercial—meaning you have no recollection of those specific scenes—have your opinions changed? It's an honest question.

Plus, for all we know, she could have shot the A-YO and Million Reasons scenes on the same day and just decided to use A-YO's scenes for the Apple commercial because it wasn't going to be the single. 

🃏🖤👹

JohnnyVersace
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

You voluntarily buy her stuff, you voluntarily go to her concerts, you voluntarily get on a forum dedicated to her. She doesn't owe you anything. You doing all these things doesn't mean you—using "you" in a general context, please don't assume I'm directing this towards you—have have the right to just completely hate and trash the video.

Criticism and opinions are welcome, of course they are, despite how much I may disagree with people, opinions are what I love, because we can actually have intelligent conversations instead of just posting a gif or something. That said, some people are not giving criticism. There's a difference between constructive criticism, like, "She could have done 'x' better, or she could have incorporated _____ into the video", and just saying "This is utter sh*t. The video's so lazy, she's lost her creativity, what the f*ck is this?!" That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course you can express your opinion, and people who say that you can't aren't being equal and fair; however, I just want to make a point that you can be constructive and critical without being judgmental. 

On the topic of the video, it uses footage from PI, because it's a continuation from the video, if she didn't use that footage, and told us that it would be a continuation from PI, people would be wondering where, since there would be no context.

And honestly, if she hadn't done that Apple commercial, some of you wouldn't be complaining about the footage. Most of the complaints are because it's lazy and stuff, but think about it this way, imagine she hadn't done the Apple commercial—meaning you have no recollection of those specific scenes—have your opinions changed? It's an honest question.

Plus, for all we know, she could have shot the A-YO and Million Reasons scenes on the same day and just decided to use A-YO's scenes for the Apple commercial because it wasn't going to be the single. 

I'm not saying she owes me anything, but I have a right to critique. Everyone does. She puts herself out there in the pop sphere and we receive her art. It's part of the game. 

The issue that I have with her recycling old footage is that there is absolutely no new imagery to put with the song. As soon as a I watched it, I said to my boyfriend that if I hadn't seen the Apple ad it would be a totally different situation. The hate wouldn't really be warranted. But that's the thing...we've already seen it. And recycling the cinematography and set makes it look half-assed and old. There is nothing new, exciting or unique about what was presented. The performances of the single provide more unique and creative imagery than the video. 

Reality
Just now, JohnnyVersace said:

I'm not saying she owes me anything, but I have a right to critique. Everyone does. She puts herself out there in the pop sphere and we receive her art. It's part of the game. 

The issue that I have with her recycling old footage is that there is absolutely no new imagery to put with the song. As soon as a I watched it, I said to my boyfriend that if I hadn't seen the Apple ad it would be a totally different situation. The hate wouldn't really be warranted. But that's the thing...we've already seen it. And recycling the cinematography and set makes it look half-assed and old. There is nothing new, exciting or unique about what was presented. The performances of the single provide more unique and creative imagery than the video. 

Well, and that's a part of the game that she doesn't necessarily like. She's always talked about "the system" and how once you put your music and your art out there, that it's going instantly through "the system" of being judged, critiqued, and charted. 

That said, those things are inevitable, and yes, you absolutely have the right to critique something. I just think that we, collectively, need to be more positive with what we say. You can argue "Oh, but I need to say what I'm going to say, and this is my opinion, etc. etc.", but at the end of the day, if it's causing negativity and overreactions, is it worth it? No, in my opinion.

Back on the topic of the actual video. That's sort of my point. The video itself, in my opinion, isn't bad. The fact that we've already seen the Apple commercial makes it look "half-assed"; however, if we hadn't seen it, I think people would actually love the video, or at the very least, we wouldn't have 30 threads talking about her "dead creativity".

Like I said in my previous post, she could have just filmed both Million Reasons and A-YO at the same time, and just decided to use which ever one wasn't the single—A-YO—for the Apple commercial. For all we know, if A-YO was the single, the music video could have been very similar, with her dancing/singing in front of the white screen and all. 

🃏🖤👹

JohnnyVersace
Just now, M Monstre said:

Well, and that's a part of the game that she doesn't necessarily like. She's always talked about "the system" and how once you put your music and your art out there, that it's going instantly through "the system" of being judged, critiqued, and charted. 

That said, those things are inevitable, and yes, you absolutely have the right to critique something. I just think that we, collectively, need to be more positive with what we say. You can argue "Oh, but I need to say what I'm going to say, and this is my opinion, etc. etc.", but at the end of the day, if it's causing negativity and overreactions, is it worth it? No, in my opinion.

Back on the topic of the actual video. That's sort of my point. The video itself, in my opinion, isn't bad. The fact that we've already seen the Apple commercial makes it look "half-assed"; however, if we hadn't seen it, I think people would actually love the video, or at the very least, we wouldn't have 30 threads talking about her "dead creativity".

Like I said in my previous post, she could have just filmed both Million Reasons and A-YO at the same time, and just decided to use which ever one wasn't the single—A-YO—for the Apple commercial. For all we know, if A-YO was the single, the music video could have been very similar, with her dancing/singing in front of the white screen and all. 

I agree, but at some point she kind of has to accept that's how this works. She's been down about the system since before ARTPOP, so I'm not really sure I see the point in continuing to cry over it and letting her art suffer. That's what drives her so I'm having a hard time understanding the process. 

And tbh, this is the only negative I've had with Joanne. I've truly enjoyed the rest, and have mostly preached positivity on here. The video, even putting the Apple similarity aside, is just bad IMO. The cringey acting, the feigned emotion. It's not her best. 

It's just a bit troublesome being a fan and seeing this. She's clearly confused and down, and I'm not sure what to make of it. At some point, and this applies to anyone in life, you kind of have to pick yourself up and start being proactive instead of continuing to wallow. Idk what place she's in, but I just hope that she finds peace in all of this and can return to being a true artist who pushes limits instead of self doubting. She's incredible and I wish she believed that more. 

Reality
3 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I agree, but at some point she kind of has to accept that's how this works. She's been down about the system since before ARTPOP, so I'm not really sure I see the point in continuing to cry over it and letting her art suffer. That's what drives her so I'm having a hard time understanding the process. 

And tbh, this is the only negative I've had with Joanne. I've truly enjoyed the rest, and have mostly preached positivity on here. The video, even putting the Apple similarity aside, is just bad IMO. The cringey acting, the feigned emotion. It's not her best. 

It's just a bit troublesome being a fan and seeing this. She's clearly confused and down, and I'm not sure what to make of it. At some point, and this applies to anyone in life, you kind of have to pick yourself up and start being proactive instead of continuing to wallow. Idk what place she's in, but I just hope that she finds peace in all of this and can return to being a true artist who pushes limits instead of self doubting. She's incredible and I wish she believed that more. 

I think the emotion she portrayed gave the video more emotion and made the video better, but again, as we've discussed. That just comes from a difference of opinion.

I guess, the thing I'm not getting is that, why are some people saying she's confused, or that she's lost her creativity, and stuff? Just because you may not necessarily like one aspect of the video, or in this case, the entire video, doesn't mean that she's lost anything. I mean, we're about two months into this era, and you—again, using "you" collectively—could have been saying this about a lot of other things, but why try to emphasize the MR video?

Of course, you can dislike the video, again, that just comes to differences of opinion, but this "She's lost her creativity" or "She's confused" or "She doesn't know what she's doing" thing doesn't make sense to me. Just because you may not necessarily like something she does, doesn't mean that she's lost anything. 

🃏🖤👹

Gagadonna

I think it's good for us picky, never-satisfied fans to be given what Gaga wants to give us, and not what we want her to give us. 

I still do think the video has a story in spite of being minimalistic. Here is my understanding of the video: 

Spoiler

Stefani is done with music and just wants to give up. Then her friends (the Grigio Girls?) show up and show her some support and encourage her to continue. Despite being fed up, she stands up and puts her shades on, which can symbolize her hiding her emotions. In front of the mirror, she is facing her true self, and she is struggling to keep her emotions in as weakness and sadness can be read on her face. But thanks to her faith, she keeps going. Stefani then turns into Joanne. She is wearing a cute colourful outfit, but her face is deprived of emotions, and it is fair to say that she looks unhappy. Then she starts the show, but the show is motionless and lifeless. She has lost her passion. She has lost interest in Fame. She just wants to be a normal person. 

Of course, this is far from my fav video, I didn't wait 2-3 months for this, but I still like it. I actually feel grateful that Gaga shows us how she really feels.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 12/14/2016 at 4:32 PM, GagainsiderNYC said:

Please read your post. Is delusional. Creepy and completley full excuses  

Lmao? No. The only excuses that exists are the ones from fans like you. You guys don't realize that Gaga was running away from something in this video, most likely the fame. Do you guy not realize she has said in interviews her security used to hate that she would put on a hat and escape and run away? This video shows how her religion is something that strengths her constantly. We know how frustrated she's been with people viewing her as a human being and she was just trying to let that shine through in this video. Yet all of you disgusting embarrassing "fans" judge everything and then bitch about the other fans who actually appreciate what Gaga is giving us. Can't just realize she's happy and in a different place and her videos won't be as similar as they used to be. Cant take an opinion other than yourselves. It's pathetic. 

RileyMint

What is up with the essays in here??? It's a music video. I can bet you guys have never put that much effort into your school work lmao :reductive:

JohnnyVersace
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I think the emotion she portrayed gave the video more emotion and made the video better, but again, as we've discussed. That just comes from a difference of opinion.

I guess, the thing I'm not getting is that, why are some people saying she's confused, or that she's lost her creativity, and stuff? Just because you may not necessarily like one aspect of the video, or in this case, the entire video, doesn't mean that she's lost anything. I mean, we're about two months into this era, and you—again, using "you" collectively—could have been saying this about a lot of other things, but why try to emphasize the MR video?

Of course, you can dislike the video, again, that just comes to differences of opinion, but this "She's lost her creativity" or "She's confused" or "She doesn't know what she's doing" thing doesn't make sense to me. Just because you may not necessarily like something she does, doesn't mean that she's lost anything. 

I don't think I ever said she lost her creativity - but I do think she's a bit lost as a person and as an artist. She's human, she's not going to always have a strong sense of clarity. For me personally, it's not a matter of "I don't like XYZ which means Gaga is uncreative and has lost her talent burning my Stan card forever." It's more of "XYZ in the video seems a bit confused and/or contrived and leads me to believe that she's struggling/not in the same creative space that she used to be" which I think is obviously a bit sad for some people. 

She's clearly struggling with SOMETHING, and it shows. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived