💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

achievement

Joanne Surpasses 300K Sold in US

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Naor Daniel said:

DW and This is Acting are still way bigger on streaming.

i stream my music but buy gaga's. I think sia's and Ariana's are better than Joanne. 

Sia is like so close to being my fave. She is so good!

you could have said this on one of their dailys you know :lolly:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danity Kane
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

Didn't ARTPOP have like a million iTunes pre-orders though?

Oh honey :toofunny: Gaga WISHES to have had 1 million pre-orders with ARTPOP :toofunny:

Redstreak
16 hours ago, ShockPop said:

The lead it has WW isn't in line with the success levels that the media would have you believe Gaga and Ariana are at. 

That's because they're two completely different artists. The numbers for DW have been in the same ballpark as Ariana's previous albums whereas now we're cheering for Gaga passing 300k when just two albums ago she was selling near 2.5 million and whose debut sold nearly 5 million. The difference in how the two are currently discussed commercially didn't just arise out of thin air.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

The music industry is decreasing,so..... if Joanne surpass 1M eventually that would be really good, Joanne will definitely be one of the best-selling album in 2016.:golfclap:
Even if streaming is taking a big role in sales and charts we should still appreciate this kind of success.
Having good pure sales number means she have a bunch of loyal consumers  to maintain her music career,with or without hit songs.
Being a streaming monster doesn't equal to a stable career, they need to ensure they can have more top 10 hits in the very near future, otherwise GP will abandon them immediately 

NewYorkCity
16 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Ariana releases radio friendly music, Gaga doesn't. Which is fine but don't release non-radio and then complain it doesn't get airplay.

MILLION REASONS says hi. If you wanna say that's not radio friendly... radio is just ignoring her. 

Born To Slay
8 hours ago, NewYorkCity said:

MILLION REASONS says hi. If you wanna say that's not radio friendly... radio is just ignoring her. 

It's not radio friendly

guccic0och

I get confused when people say Million Reasons isn't radio friendly yet most of the songs of last year and the start of this year that played on radio were just as boring and slow as MR :toofunny:  (NOT SAYING IT'S BORING BUT YOU GET MY POINT!!!) 

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

I've found all her albums consistently good, so I'm not surprised she's becoming more of an album artist. She's one of the few artists I listen to complete albums from. Not just that, she's the only artists which has released only albums I love, at least so far. :) And to think that I started listening to her just a few months ago.

That J
11 hours ago, Danity Kane said:

Oh honey  Gaga WISHES to have had 1 million pre-orders with ARTPOP 

Haha remember that poor soul who said the presales of ARTPOP on iTunes were so huge that the album had sold out on ITunes?!   Lmao.  I mean, that's hilarious regardless of who's being talked about. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
2 hours ago, TouchMyGaga said:

I get confused when people say Million Reasons isn't radio friendly yet most of the songs of last year and the start of this year that played on radio were just as boring and slow as MR  (NOT SAYING IT'S BORING BUT YOU GET MY POINT!!!) 

Million Reasons is about as classically legit radio friendly as a song has ever been.   True it doesn't sound like clustered pieces of random noise half edited together like a lot of today's radio. But for what's considered legit radio, it's way friendly. 

Lord Temptation

So basically (no pun intended) you're only radio friendly nowadays if you sound generic. So it makes sense they don't want to play Million Reasons.

donutellha

DAMN

SALES SOLID

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

That J
16 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

So basically (no pun intended) you're only radio friendly nowadays if you sound generic. So it makes sense they don't want to play Million Reasons.

There's different genres of radio too tho.  MR should be slaying adult contemporary even.  Anything *can* be radio friendly if radio plays it consistently. 

Lord Temptation
24 minutes ago, MonsterJames333 said:

There's different genres of radio too tho.  MR should be slaying adult contemporary even.  Anything *can* be radio friendly if radio plays it consistently. 

Chicken and egg scenario: is something considered radio friendly because it's being consistently played by radio, or is it played consistently by radio because it's radio friendly?

Archived