1. 1. Choose

• 25 - Adele
    • Lemonade - Beyoncé
    • Views - Drake
    • Purpose - Justin Bieber
    • A Sailor's Guide To Earth - Sturgill Simpson

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Well it's official. We have the nominees for Album Of The Year.

2 were more than predictable and are going to definitely battle it out the entire night. 

2 are basic albums that belong no where near the top category.

The last Ive never heard of...

So who do you think should win?

Obviously I say Beyoncé, but so I don't piss anyone on this site off :neyde:.....I'll leave it at that....

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say the highest selling album of the year with the power vocalist fully encompasses the "album of the year", but hey that's just me. 

Squeeshy Keety

Voted for the unknown one because I haven't listened to any of them, so I can't really make a fair assessment. I figured it deserved at least one vote :poot:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

sillynate

Honest to God, no shade whatsoever with what I'm about to say.

People say the Grammy's are now about popularity, but I have never heard of the last artist, or his/her/their album. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On topic, we all know who's gonna win :nails:

A Sailor's Guide to Earth of course, hoping for another Beck scenario, but this time with Sturgill Simpson getting the award.

You guys should listen to it, especially now that you're into "Country" with the #Joannevibes. :sis:

This is real Country though. :sis:

GagaXCupcakke

Lemonade > Sailor's Guilde > 25 >Purpose > Views

I'm actually pretty happy with the majority of the nominations this year.  Except Views, if they wanted a rap album they should of picked Life of Pablo or Coloring Book. 

It's Beyoncé's time to win AOTY, I'm not her biggest fan, but she fully deserves it. 

Anderson123

If it were up to me, I HONESTLY would give the Grammy to Sturgill Simpson. I have never in my life heard about him or his music, but I gave his album a listen a couple of hours ago and I enjoyed it. I don't know if it's just me or he's not a well known artist out there, but everyone deserves a chance to get their work recognized. I wouldn't mind if he wins.

Out of the options there, I loved Adele's album the most, so if she wins again I would be happy. I've listened to Lemonade and it kind of looks like the obvious choice because of the hype that surrounded it. I'd be like "Eh" if it wins, like with 1989 this year, The Weeknd deserves it more but I guess Taylor Swift's album was the "album of the year" charts-wise.

I listened to Views and I liked a couple of tracks, but I don't see it as album of the year. Justin Bieber is obviously a joke and a crime against humanity, it's stealing David Bowie and Radiohead's place. Hell, even Anti or This Is Acting should've been in it's place.

MarryTheKnight

25, just to see the Beyhive seethe like we did in 2012 when Born This Way was paid dust

disaster-girl.jpg

Gov Hooka

I think Lemonade truly was album of the year. Beyoncé deserves it and she put a lot of work into it. Adeles 25 felt like a rehash of 21 and was only commercially successful because of her name IMO. Lemonade spurred a lot of conversation about different topics and had oodles of more substance to it than 25. 

Archived