đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: sexual assault + other factors led to my PTSD

monsterdino

Featured Posts

Katie14
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah... These legends tours that Gaga managed to mach were by artists that already had their days of fame and just tour non-stop for their loyal fan base

New artists usually promote and have hit singles. Then after sometime of making loyal fans but dropping in popularity they promote less and tour more...

Gaga somehow had the touring demand right from the beggining. And because touring is the biggest money maker in music no doubt she was pressured to meet the demand as much as possible

But because she was new they still promoted the hell out of her

Most artists have a period of promotion early career when they are popular with GP to make fans. Then after that they switch to touring for fans after popularity drops with GP but they have loyal fans

Gaga had to do both right from the beggining. I still dunno how she did it :duck: 

I never even thought about all that. I never knew how much she was doing compared to everyone else because I only just paid attention to her. Its all very interesting stuff. I would guess Justin Beiber was probably in the same situation as her at the start of his career. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
24 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I never even thought about all that. I never knew how much she was doing compared to everyone else because I only just paid attention to her. Its all very interesting stuff. I would guess Justin Beiber was probably in the same situation as her at the start of his career. 

Justin Bieber didnt do as many TV appearances innitially (he did some though) because most TV shows that guest stars dont have as many tween viewers (his innital target audience)

His touring was also impressive by new artist standards though still not as big as Gagas

His rise was more gradual innitially to the GP. Of course he was a teenager, Gaga was an adult and that has to be taken into account

Bieber right now is probably the artist that mostly resembles Gaga early career in terms of the amount if work he has to do

Hes in a phase where he has a huge fan base to tour for but is popular enough with GP and having enough hits that he has to promote a lot

Justin Bieber at this moment is being almost as over-worked as Gaga was.

Any artist whos big popularity lasts more than 4-5 years id say becomes in a position where they have a lot of demand both from huge fan bases and GP to live up to

Adele and Taylor Swift are smart. Theyve made a choice to not over-promote despite demand. They arent as over worked as Justin Bieber

Katie14
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Justin Bieber didnt do as many TV appearances innitially (he did some though) because most TV shows that guest stars dont have as many tween viewers (his innital target audience)

His touring was also impressive by new artist standards though still not as big as Gagas

His rise was more gradual innitially to the GP. Of course he was a teenager, Gaga was an adult and that has to be taken into account

Bieber right now is probably the artist that mostly resembles Gaga early career in terms of the amount if work he has to do

Hes in a phase where he has a huge fan base to tour for but is popular enough with GP and having enough hits that he has to promote a lot

Justin Bieber at this moment is being almost as over-worked as Gaga was.

So, do you think Gaga was the most overworked artist during her prime that ever existed?

Economy
10 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

So, do you think Gaga was the most overworked artist during her prime that ever existed?

Hard to say. I dunno enough details of every single big artist that has existed especially artists before the 1980s

I do know she had the biggest peak in popularity in a specific time frame since maybe Michael Jackson (Mariah Carey was pretty close tho) so the biggest star since at least since the 1980s. By some measures she had a bigger peak than MJ but thats open to debate

What I do know is that the worst period of time for being over-worked is typically 4-6 years into the career...

Because thats the period of time when they already have a lot of loyal fans and record labels pressure them to tour a lot... but if they are still popular with the GP  and still making hits they may still give in to promo demand and try to satisfy their demands as well simultaniously

Artists like Rihanna, Adele, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber have a lot of Fan demand AND are still popular with GP

But Justin Bieber seems to be the only one trying to please both. Rihanna, Adele and Taylor still do some promo but focus more on touring and their fans

Gaga experienced this not 4-6 years into her career but she experienced this almost right away. For someone who wasnt accustomed to fame, it was a lot to take in at once.

Katie14
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Gaga experienced this not 4-6 years in but she experienced this almost right away. For someone who wasnt accustomed to fame, it was a lot to take in at once.

So Gaga's situation was a special case in that sense (aside from mj) and people still don't understand how she came out the other end with mental issues. 

Economy
52 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

So Gaga's situation was a special case in that sense (aside from mj) and people still don't understand how she came out the other end with mental issues. 

Well MJ already had fame from his family band "Jackson 5" before he went solo. So it wasnt really the beggining of his career

But regardless... Even if that phase happened 4-6 years in like with most other big artists that last, she still had a bigger peak than pretty much all of them... 

The fact that she exploded and had that kind of demand so quickly is definitely detromental to anyone

Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Eminem... EVERY artist I can think of that had REALLY big peaks became self-destructive or had meltdowns at some point in their lives or career even if they did recover afterwards. Even Justin Bieber has shown signs before of going kinda nuts.

Madonna seems to be the exeption. I dont know of any point in time she had meltdowns or turned to alcohol or drugs. If she did it wasnt known :oprah:

Katie14
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well MJ already had fame from his family band "Jackson 5" before he went solo. So it wasnt really the beggining of his career

But regardless... Even if that phase happened 4-6 years in like with most other big artists that last, she still had a bigger peak than pretty much all of them... 

The fact that she exploded and had that kind of demand so quickly is definitely detromental to anyone

Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Eminem... EVERY artist I can think if that had REALLY big peaks became self-destructive or had meltdowns at some point in their lives or career even if they did recover afterwards. Even Justin Bieber has shown signs before of going kinda nuts.

Madonna seems to be the exeption. I dont know of any point in time she had meltdowns or turned to alcohol or drugs. If she did it wasnt known :oprah:

Yea madonna is a bit of a mystery. I think its because she had such a rough upbringing, she was able to adapt. That being said, some people get even more screwed up from having a hard childhood. guess it just depends on the person. 

Jigglygoth
On 6/12/2016 at 3:36 PM, LG said:

No? Perhaps the worldwide mockery of her already insecure self on such a mass scale could have caused it... I know I couldn't withstand that

Specially this fanbase's :nails: 

OT: I love how self aware she is, that's the first step to recovery. You go girl, you'll get out of this :hug: 

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Letmelivemylife
On December 6, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Katie14 said:

I wonder what she is referring to specifically. Is she talking about the pressure of fame and fulfilling the public, her fans, and her label/manager's expectations? All the ARTPOP drama? Did her team emotionally abuse her in some way? 

She has no obligation to elaborate but I'm really curious about what she is talking about. Is it something we already know about or something different?

I think it's a combo of all of those things. In all honesty, I could never be famous. People just see the glitz and the glamour but they don't see the psychological toll it takes. Once you become famous, your privacy ceases to exist. You belong to the public and for some people, that's incredibly traumatizing. There's no such thing as running to the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk or to just take your dog for a walk. A trip to the grocery store becomes a paparazzi fueled nightmare. Combine that with people who are trying to force you into this box that you don't wanna be in and you have a recipie for disaster. She wants to be seen as a real live human being and not some cash cow that can be abused until she's no longer useful. It's not that she doesn't love us. She loves us more than we know but sometimes she just wants to ask "did you have a good day at school?" without having a phone shoved in her face. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Katie14
20 hours ago, Economy said:

The fact that she exploded and had that kind of demand so quickly is definitely detromental to anyone.

Why do you think Gaga didn't just stop or threaten to quit if all the promo and touring was too much for her? Would she really get dropped if she tried to dial it down? I really wonder what her contract said. Aren't there laws that regulate how much a person can work?

Id assume she was so happy to get the opportunities she was getting that she didn't realize how harmful being overworked was to her health.

Archived