I get social anxiety just from a phone call

same. I hope Gags gets better

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
On 2016-12-06 at 3:02 PM, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

She started a foundation, even promoted by Oprah, she's been promoting kindness, she visits shelters, she makes donations, she performs at charity events, she hosts events at Harvard, she released an entire album dedicated to acceptance. I don't see how that could ever entail not doing enough. Perhaps she hasn't spread any solutions other than love and acceptance because the pharmacy doesn't accept medical prescriptions from Lady Gaga. What is your suggestion in the area of how she should proceed? 

:applause:

I thought you jumped shipped from this base.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
On 2016-12-06 at 1:40 PM, AndrewGr said:

It's probably a cropped screenshot of a screenshoted screenshot. :air: #LadyGagaQueenOfTechnology

On 2016-12-06 at 1:48 PM, Squeeshy Keety said:

From the power of Intel :poot:

:toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Katie14
8 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Then why doesn't she just stop with everything? 

She talked about this in an interview. If she stops, she will feel like she isn't fulfilling her life's purpose, which is to help people through her art and activism. 

Katie14
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I wonder to what degree she has PTSD tho...

Cuz theres varying degrees of it you know.

She said in a tweet that she has complex ptsd which is the most severe form :/ its because she has other symptoms like dissociation and somatization which aren't typically associated with regular ptsd symptoms. Complex ptsd is caused by prolonged traumas, which she said she endured. 

I still can't wrap my mind over the fact that she has all the symptoms she described. I believe her but its just hard to believe. I don't understand how she is able to live the life that she lives if she sometimes gets severe anxiety when she leaves the house. 

DeanWinchester
13 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

dissociation

is this what happened when she said she did not remember partying with Madonna after the met gala one bit? :saladga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Economy
16 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

She said in a tweet that she has complex ptsd which is the most severe form :/ its because she has other symptoms like dissociation and somatization which aren't typically associated with regular ptsd symptoms. Complex ptsd is caused by prolonged traumas, which she said she endured. 

I still can't wrap my mind over the fact that she has all the symptoms she described. I believe her but its just hard to believe. I don't understand how she is able to live the life that she lives if she sometimes gets severe anxiety when she leaves the house. 

Well it certainly would explain a lot. I honestly didnt understand why she gave up the kind of momentum she had and decided to go so simple with her stuff and reduce promo the way she did

But Gaga at her peak was something really unusual cuz if u remember, in 2009-2011 she was #1 on absolutely everything and every category

#1 in album sales

#1 artist with most hits

#1 on youtube (her views were high for the time it was)

#1 in media buzz

#1 biggest tours (among modern artists)

#1 most followed on social media such as twitter

#1 in awards (she won like every voting category there was)

There hadnt been an artist dominate so heavily as she had in many years and there hasnt been another one dominate that heavily since

Even my parents said they dont remember an artist dominate that heavily in their lives.

No wonder Tony Bennet thought she was gonna be bigger than Elvis and no wonder Ellen De Generes said the rate of her success hasnt been seen before

Those 3-4 years must of had to take a huge tole on her. Thats even with excluding any sexual abuse.

Katie14
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well it certainly would explain a lot. I honestly didnt understand why she gave up the kind of momentum she had and decided to go so simple with her stuff and reduce promo the way she did

But Gaga at her peak was something really unusual cuz if u remember, in 2009-2011 she was #1 on absolutely everything and every category

#1 in album sales

#1 artist with most hits

#1 on youtube (her views were high for the time it was)

#1 in media buzz

#1 biggest tours (among modern artists)

#1 most followed on social media such as twitter

#1 in awards (she won like every voting category there was)

There hadnt been an artist dominate so heavily as she had in many years and there hasnt been another one dominate that heavily since

Even my parents said they dont remember an artist dominate that heavily in their lives.

No wonder Tony Bennet thought she was gonna be bigger than Elvis and no wonder Ellen De Generes said the rate of her success hasnt been seen before

Those 3-4 years must of had to take a huge tole on her. Thats even with excluding any sexual abuse.

I think her having PTSD is definitely part of the reason why she stopped doing as much promo and high production stuff like before, but I also think its impossible for anyone to maintain that momentum for longer than a few years. Besides the toll it takes on the artist, the public would start to get annoyed because of overexposure. All the promo eventually stops being effective.

And Gaga still does a lot of promo. She isn't everywhere during her album cycles now like she was in her prime but she did about 20 interviews and 15 or so tv performances this era so far. Its only been three months. If her PTSD is as bad as it seems based on the way she described it, I don't understand how she is able to do any promo. I guess she is just a very strong willed person. I would probably just lock myself in my house. Or maybe she finds the stage to be a safe space for her and makes her feel almost like she's high, like she can't think about what is worrying her while she is performing. 

Economy
1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

I think her having PTSD is definitely part of the reason why she stopped doing as much promo and high production stuff like before, but I also think its impossible for anyone to maintain that momentum for longer than a few years. Besides the toll it takes on the artist, the public would start to get annoyed because of overexposure. All the promo eventually stops being effective.

And Gaga still does a lot of promo. She isn't everywhere during her album cycles now like she was in her prime but she did about 20 interviews and 15 or so tv performances this era so far. Its only been three months. If her PTSD is as bad as it seems based on the way she described it, I don't understand how she is able to do any promo. I guess she is just a very strong willed person. I would probably just lock myself in my house. Or maybe she finds the stage to be a safe space for her and makes her feel almost like she's high, like she can't think about what is worrying her while she is performing. 

Maintaining that peak no, nobody can. But it doesnt mean u cant still be popular. Most big legends had a big peak then declined in popularity but continued to have reasonable success

Im sure Gaga could if she tried. And her peak was higher than most legends

But yeah i guess it really does break u

Britney Spears had a meltdown over stress remember? It aint pretty

Katie14
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Maintaining that peak no, nobody can. But it doesnt mean u cant still be popular. Most big legends had a big peak then declined in popularity but continued to have reasonable success

Im sure Gaga could if she tried. And her peak was higher than most legends

But yeah i guess it really does break u

Britney Spears had a meltdown over stress remember? It aint pretty

I don't follow the careers of anyone else besides Gaga so I don't really know of anyone who maintains doing tons of promo without taking breaks for more than five years. Do Gaga's contemporaries like Katy Perry, Liley Cyrus, Adele, ect do the amount of promo now that Gaga used to do in her prime? 

Economy
4 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I don't follow the careers of anyone else besides Gaga so I don't really know of anyone who maintains doing tons of promo without taking breaks for more than five years. Do Gaga's contemporaries like Katy Perry, Liley Cyrus, Adele, ect do the amount of promo now that Gaga used to do in her prime? 

Madonna was an example. She had a big innitial peak (not quite as big as Gagas tho) in early/mid 1980s then her popularity dropped. But in early 1990s some 8 years later after a break and drop in popularity she had another peak in popularity almost as big as her first. She had no big peaks after that but had on and off success for sometime after that

And as much promo as Gaga? Not that i know of.

i think because Gaga was so unique and had such huge fame, her label tried to promote her as much as humanly possible...

Its virtually unheard of for a new artist to have the kind of size of tours she did. Normally it takes years of popularity and fan base building to get that kind of support.

Gagas Touring numbers was up with Bands like U2 and Rolling stones... legends that do nothing but tour now. None of Gagas modern comteporaries were up there with her

Katie14
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Madonna was an example. She had a big innitial peak (not quite as big as Gagas tho) in early/mid 1980s then her popularity dropped. But in early 1990s some 8 years later after a break and drop in popularity she had another peak in popularity almost as big as her first. She had no big peaks after that but had on and off success for sometime after that

And as much promo as Gaga? Not that i know of.

i think because Gaga was so unique and had such huge fame, her label tried to promote her as much as humanly possible...

Its virtually unheard of for a new artist to have the kind of size of tours she did. Normally it takes years of popularity and fan base building to get that kind of support.

Gagas Touring numbers was up with Bands like U2 and Rolling stones... legends that do nothing but tour now. None of Gagas modern comteporaries were up there with her

Its incredible she was able to do that. I completely understand how her lifestyle could be traumatizing. Its kind of sad that most people probably don't recognize how skyrocketing to fame can really mess you up mentally. 

Economy
4 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Its incredible she was able to do that. I completely understand how her lifestyle could be traumatizing. Its kind of sad that most people probably don't recognize how skyrocketing to fame can really mess you up mentally. 

Yeah... These legends tours that Gaga managed to mach were by artists that already had their days of fame and just tour non-stop for their loyal fan base

New artists usually promote and have hit singles. Then after sometime of making loyal fans but dropping in popularity they promote less and tour more...

Gaga somehow had the touring demand right from the beggining. And because touring is the biggest money maker in music no doubt she was pressured to meet the demand as much as possible

But because she was new they still promoted the hell out of her

Most artists have a period of promotion early career when they are popular with GP to make fans. Then after that they switch to touring for fans after popularity drops with GP but they have loyal fans

Gaga had to do both right from the beggining. I still dunno how she did it :duck: 

Archived