💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Next big thing?

Thomas P

Featured Posts

artpoprebellion
9 minutes ago, MarryTheKnight said:

Check out some of the songs from her upcoming mixtape and album if you're interested.

It's very pop. Giving the gays the music Gaga didn't :diane:

THIS. Her new music sounds AMAZING.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
9 minutes ago, I Give Up said:

But if it's new,  why does it matter that they take over the world?

I say just like whatever because most of those artists have no staying power anyway. Look at Tove Lo, Lorde, and others like them. They ruled the charts for a bit but are soon to be forgotten (unless they somehow slay the GP again). Whatever is on the radio is 85% guaranteed to be crap this year anyway.

Is even Bey's popularity not enough for you anymore? :emma:

What i meant was like the future Gaga. Like they seem like they come from no where but all of a sudden the world is at their feet. I'm curious who you guys think it would be.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Squeeshy Keety
Just now, Thomas P said:

What i meant was like the future Gaga. Like they seem like they come from no where but all of a sudden the world is at their feet. I'm curious who you guys think it would be.

Well, in that case, I don't think anyone has impacted the industry single-handedly as much as she did since TF. Music is obviously different from then (RIP), but I wouldn't credit any one artist with that, so whoever sets the trends in the future is kinda impossible to predict.  

It does need to change ASAP, though. I haven't listened to the radio since before school started again, and I'm getting itchy sitting on the same playlist for so long :grr:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, KleinGa said:

The Weekend is coming, has come for weaves. 

Troye Sivan and Sean Mendes are also coming (I think either/ both of them will get a Best New Artist nod at the the Grammys)

I love both.  I listened to Blue Neighboorhood most of the day

lifeasgeorge
6 minutes ago, SYFQ said:

you guys need to hear ALLIE X. Her music and style is so good!!!

you guys can thank me later :hor:

YASSS I love her! :golfclap:

live and let live

1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

I've been needing someone new. 

I don't mean a new indie artist (I have a lot of those) I mean someone who is just about to burst and become one of the biggest stars in the game.

Notoce how the majority of music this past two years has been dominated by artists who have been big for a few years now (Beyoncé, Rihanna, Gaga, Ariana, Justin, Drake etc.) the only acception I can think of is The C0cksuckers :neyde:

So who's gonna be that next big artist that takes over the world? It's been a while since we've had one and I need something new to listen to.

EDIT: They can be old artists who have been in the industry for a while just they haven't broke yet.

What are some gr8 indie artists you like?

Thomas P
7 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

What are some gr8 indie artists you like?

There's a lot but lately I've been listening to James Blake. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

AndrewGr

Um, I can think of artists like Ariana, Shawn Mendes, 21 Pilots, Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson, Tori Kelly, James Bay e.t.c.

54 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

What i meant was like the future Gaga.

The future Gaga is Gaga.  2017 could be her year.  She reinvents herself.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Thrasher

Nowadays it's very difficult to create a reputation or a character for oneself who can establish a certain artist and make him recognizable forever 'cause everything has been already done. Gaga did it, but even her is always compared to Madonna or other artists from the past.

I honestly think that Gaga was the last "big" who impacted from a multiple point of view (i could also mention Adele, Bieber or One Direction but rather than being "big", they've gone viral instead). Her impact and popularity is something that has been experienced very few times in the past, and looking at the music scene of these days, i doubt there will be someone who could match with her in the near future. A lot of artists could become successful, have hits, sell albums, have a huge fanbase, but becoming as "big" as Gaga, Britney, Madonna or Michael Jackson seems something quite impossible to me. 

“Come over, when you’re sober”

Archived