Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Sia the Gaga (2009) of today?

monstereo

Featured Posts

monstereo

They both had this air of mystery about them despite being seen for their outrageous style. They both hid their face a lot of the time -Gaga (2009) covered her face with bangs and sunglasses, and Sia is doing that with bangs, etc

And literally everything they touched turned to gold - terms of the music they released.

They were HIT MAKING machines! pumping out hit after hit.

lady-gaga-marc-jacobs1.jpg

Sia.jpg

What do you think about their comparisons?

no. Gaga was an iconic and the most successful and famous woman in the world. Sia will never compare to gaga. #sorrynotsorry

xoxo cupcakke

Not at all, Sia has been an established artist since the 90s, the whole hiding her face thing started around Chandelier. A lot of people, mainly GP, like to act as if she didn't already have some hits worldwide before Chandelier. Like You've Changed was my bop when it came out

What I'm trying to get at is that this whole shroud of mystery is a recent occurrence, and there is a lot more known about Sia now than Gaga when she first came to the pop scene because Gaga was literally a nobody in mainstream music. She was barely writing music for other artists before she tackled on becoming her own artist. Sia has been written hits for other artists and herself since the 90s whereafter she was pretty renowned for her pop hit skills

No they're both talented and successful pop singer/songwriters but that's about where the similarities end imo.

Bette Davis

No, Sia isn't controversial, provocative and doesn't have all eyes on her. 

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

I'm shocked more people don't compare them.

Sia's modern sound (last two albums, especially TIA) reminds me so much of The Fame Monster. It's probably why I like it so much :music: So many killer hooks sandwiched between explosive choruses.

PunkTheFunk

Not comparable. As "mysterious" as she might be, we've known Sia for years :madge:

Gaga literally EXPLODED onto the scene out of nowhere with her first few hits :firega: People had no idea what hit them

Archived