💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga's performance

Dayum

How would you describe Lady Gaga hitting the high notes?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe Lady Gaga hitting the high notes?

• Flaunting her pipes.
    • Still trying hard to prove to the public.

Featured Posts

What do you think of Lady Gaga's performances throughout the years? I think she's still singing with the intention of proving herself to the world that she can sing; whereas during TF era, she coos here and there, with a touch of softness and playfulness. Today, it's all just belting it out, like: "Hey! I'm hitting all these notes. Clap for me." I appreciate the rendition of the Sound of Music and the National Anthem, but those are different occasions: they call for a more solemn presentation. I know MR is a sad song, but it is grating to imagine an ex-lover who keeps screaming at you that there's a million reasons for her to walk away.

Brolysskins

I think that's just the way she want's to sing? Her voice changes (because she never stops voice coaching) so she's obviously going to show off her talent. lol

I think million reasons is just such a boring song that she tries to revamp it a little with her vocal runs and different melodies to keep things interesting 

grndmothrmonst

But "flaunting" and "still trying to prove.." are basically the same thing.  So there's really no choice in the matter. 

giskardsb

I never get the feeling Gaga is trying to "prove" anything, she sings as she thinks the song needs and how she feels at the time live.   It's not like she's acting like your typical R&B based singer and throwing in a million melisma's and needless stuff that doesn't serve the song.

I love those big notes she does towards the end of the song. Lana often does it as well and it's a nice surprise, changes it up a little and it's not what you expect :unicorn:

58 minutes ago, Gabi said:

its like telling michael phelps to swim slower, i dont get it

The better analogy is asking a marathon to continuously sprint. Michael Phelps wants to get the fastest time, but singing is not always about hitting high notes.

Oriane

On the Joanne era, she's not trying to prove anything, on the contrary ! Her voice is way more raspy and has little "flaws", we know she could do better and have a clearer voice but she chooses to sound like this.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

sass bonbon
2 hours ago, Dayum said:

What do you think of Lady Gaga's performances throughout the years? I think she's still singing with the intention of proving herself to the world that she can sing; whereas during TF era, she coos here and there, with a touch of softness and playfulness. Today, it's all just belting it out, like: "Hey! I'm hitting all these notes. Clap for me." I appreciate the rendition of the Sound of Music and the National Anthem, but those are different occasions: they call for a more solemn presentation. I know MR is a sad song, but it is grating to imagine an ex-lover who keeps screaming at you that there's a million reasons for her to walk away.

It's great. Outside little monsters, every MR performance has been in shows with different age audiences, so the fact that she outsings all of them and snatching wigs to Venus, it's actually helping MR and album sales.

Wait for that VSFSP tonight, then SmapXSmap, then idk. After MR, there will be no single to sing like a mother****er, I mean, since my guess its the 3rd single wont be outsingable, so no proof of a real voice until SB, and the fourth one would be DIC, so no proof of real singing either.

bbhmm

Archived