đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

#StopLivingVicariouslyThroughLadyGaga2017

SpaceAce

Featured Posts

2020Covid19IsOurs
1 minute ago, SpaceAce said:

I don't get what you're saying? I'm not shaming any innocent critical opinion - I'm calling out the unnecessary hate and judgement I see on here. The main point is that there's a different between the two.

My post that you just quoted was in response to someone saying my concern over this suggests I need more hobbies. Which is fine, but I wanted to point out that his logic backfired as he spends more time here than I do. 

All I see is one user attacking another that's why I quoted your comment.

I'm not aware of what these users said previously that makes everyone so hostile towards them specifically. 

I thought it was about shaming the hardcore fans but guess i didn't read it through :P 

But whatever, I like to stay away from arguments. So, much love to you and be kind lol #onlinekindness :hug:

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpaceAce
Just now, DWUWpartII said:

All I see is one user attacking another that's why I quoted your comment.

I'm not aware of what these users said previously that makes everyone so hostile towards them specifically. 

I thought it was about shaming the hardcore fans but guess i didn't read it through :P 

But whatever, I like to stay away from arguments. So, much love to you and be kind lol #onlinekindness :hug:

....That's the point. 

And yours is a very confusing and common reaction. People get incredibly defensive when their / others freedom to post mean comments online is challenged but don't recognize Gaga should be free to live her life, craft her career, and fiddle with her face in whatever way she chooses. 

Although I can't imagine another suggestion right now, I think telling people everything that OP said is not really gonna work, we need to figure out a different approach. Yeah, it's a fact that's stated and it's something that I do believe should change, but it has been said many many times before and nothing changed :(

Dominic
1 hour ago, SpaceAce said:

You have 3,737 posts on here and I have 844.

This didn't turn out how you expected, did it?

Little Moderators :ladyhaha: I just find your post so dramatic that it's funny. I'm sorry :hug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Luxe Ford

Living vicariously through others is the only way of life I know! People love to live vicariously through celebrities. And they live vicariously through us. Its just give and take. And I don't think she cares *that* much about our petty little opinions. I think its more important to treat other forum members respectfully. 

*trips and falls off soap box. bruises like lady gaga*

*steps onto soap box again*

Anyway, aren't y'all Americans for free speech? 

*falls of soap box. blows filter bubbles*

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

SpaceAce
10 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Little Moderators :ladyhaha: I just find your post so dramatic that it's funny. I'm sorry :hug:

I don't know... I guess I deal with some depression so it makes me more sensitive to this constant negativity. It's supposed to be a nice bit of escapism to come online and discuss your favourite artist's work. But I log on with high hopes and then leave feeling pretty down that people can be so openly shitty and very proudly defend their right to be shitty. 

SpaceAce
18 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

Living vicariously through others is the only way of life I know! People love to live vicariously through celebrities. And they live vicariously through us. Its just give and take. And I don't think she cares *that* much about our petty little opinions. I think its more important to treat other forum members respectfully. 

*trips and falls off soap box. bruises like lady gaga*

*steps onto soap box again*

Anyway, aren't y'all Americans for free speech? 

*falls of soap box. blows filter bubbles*

I don't even know where to start with this.

No, celebs do not live vicariously through non-famous, especially not Gaga. Her life is pretty busy and fulfilled.

Because you love to live vicariously through celebs does not mean you should. At the very least not to the point where you would find yourself criticizing her personal life and other things that don't involve you.

I didn't start this conversation because I'm worried about how Gaga can handle the negativity. Shes been doing this for a long time now and lately it's been very obvious she knows how to deal with being judged.

I just started this topic because it's actually negatively affecting me. Not just here, but on all fan platforms and social media, fans like to put artists down and hold them to these insane standards because it clearly makes them feel better about themselves. Which I shouldn't have to point out is wrong. Seeing constant judgement and meanness where you should least expect is quite the downer. 

SpaceAce
1 hour ago, Allan said:

Although I can't imagine another suggestion right now, I think telling people everything that OP said is not really gonna work, we need to figure out a different approach. Yeah, it's a fact that's stated and it's something that I do believe should change, but it has been said many many times before and nothing changed :(

The moderators and site owners need to step up and create guidelines and more standards that don't just protect other users. They need to decide whether they want more revenue from ad clicks or if they want to actually be a decent place for discussion on the art we all love.

Dominic
28 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

I don't know... I guess I deal with some depression so it makes me more sensitive to this constant negativity. It's supposed to be a nice bit of escapism to come online and discuss your favourite artist's work. But I log on with high hopes and then leave feeling pretty down that people can be so openly shitty and very proudly defend their right to be shitty. 

I can understand where you are coming from. It is an escapism but you should always try and remember that and not let it effect you negatively. 

I don't think these threads do much though. It's a constant talking point. You've got the people who b**** about everything Gaga does and then the people that b**** about people b****ing. It's a repetitive cycle and both are just as tiresome. 

If someone effects you that much maybe just try message them in future and discuss it one-to-one. It's bound to be more fruitful and you might make a friend. đź‘Ť

SilkSpectre0

Absolutely!

We need to call a moratorium on threads being little managers/bashing gaga. It's tiring and unnecessary. Just do you, let her do her. 

SilkSpectre0
37 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

This so much. So much negativity just sucks the joy out of it. 

SpaceAce
11 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

I can understand where you are coming from. It is an escapism but you should always try and remember that and not let it effect you negatively. 

I don't think these threads do much though. It's a constant talking point. You've got the people who b**** about everything Gaga does and then the people that b**** about people b****ing. It's a repetitive cycle and both are just as tiresome. 

If someone effects you that much maybe just try message them in future and discuss it one-to-one. It's bound to be more fruitful and you might make a friend. đź‘Ť

I'm not sure what you mean here. By "escapism", I meant that sharing in discussions about my favourite art should be a pleasant experience when I decide to take a break from more stressful regular life and work related activities. It's definitely not anymore.

I hope I'm not being obnoxious but I don't come on here to personally moderate everyone's poor form or to make online friends. It doesn't affect me THAT much. I dont expect rainbows and friendship and I don't think I posted anything to suggest that I do. I'm just someone who hates the negativity. I'm hoping more talk might motivate whoever runs this thing to make some necessary changes. 

Dominic
1 minute ago, SpaceAce said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. By "escapism", I meant that sharing in discussions about my favourite art should be a pleasant experience aside when I take a break from more stressful activities.

I hope I'm not being obnoxious but I don't come on here to personally moderate everyone's poor form or to make online friends. It doesn't affect me THAT much. I dont expect rainbows and friendship and I don't think I posted anything to suggest that I do. I'm just someone who hates the negativity. I'm hoping more talk might motivate whoever runs this thing to make some necessary changes. 

You said you leave feeling pretty down so I'm saying always try remember it is just a bit of fun 'escapism' and not let it effect you personally. 

I don't think you're obnoxious but your thread has only achieved further divide and/or nothing. There will be another exactly the same tomorrow by another user and then another thread disagreeing. I'm saying if you see something you really dislike just PM that person and talk properly. It'll get better results than these kinda threads :oprah: 

SpaceAce
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

You said you leave feeling pretty down so I'm saying always try remember it is just a bit of fun 'escapism' and not let it effect you personally. 

I don't think you're obnoxious but your thread has only achieved further divide and/or nothing. There will be another exactly the same tomorrow by another user and then another thread disagreeing. I'm saying if you see something you really dislike just PM that person and talk properly. It'll get better results than these kinda threads  

I see, thanks. 

I'm actually going to post this topic in the community area (I think it's called that) and see what someone who helps run the forum thinks. There are plenty of forums for pop music that have really good and intelligent conversations that never get so mean. The mods can maybe pull guidelines from them.

Archived