SychosSoChic

one more album pls then she can go ham

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

Emmy Grammy Oscar Tony

Emmy and Oscar are possible for music and "A Star Is Born".

She won't win a Tony. Probably never will. Theater and Broadway are focused on dialogue and emotions. We all know how that (didn't) work out.

tumblr_o0lvueKo3X1tnko2io3_r3_500.gif

tumblr_o0lvueKo3X1tnko2io2_r2_500.gif

tumblr_o0lvueKo3X1tnko2io5_r3_540.gif

When you can't show emotions, you won't win an Oscar/Tony, it's that simple.

Viola Davis is a beast and even she has a hard time winning an Award, losing to actresses like Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore.

I could see her winning an Oscar for Best Original Song and winning a Tony for Best Original Score tbh.

Cyndi Lauper managed to nab a Tony for this:

We will see how her writing is for ASIB I suppose. If she can write for that, she can write for a musical.

Just now, Sycamore said:

:smh:

I mean no shade to Cyndi, she is a queen, but the lyrics are hardly anything groundbreaking :toofunny:

I suppose we'll see how Gaga writes for ASIB - if she can write well for a musical movie then she can write well for broadway.

AlexanderMagno

I'd love to see her in Broadway after a major album success. The impact would be so much bigger and she would have the confidence to go for it.

Her endeavours outside the pop world (jazz, acting, etc etc) were always after a commercial failure. I know it was a way to rebrand her and restore some of her image, but if she goes Broadway after a major pop success people will actually care and she will truly be known as the most versatile pop star in our generation, instead of a fading star who is trying to restore her power.

1 hour ago, Bebe said:

I mean no shade to Cyndi, she is a queen, but the lyrics are hardly anything groundbreaking

I suppose we'll see how Gaga writes for ASIB - if she can write well for a musical movie then she can write well for broadway.

I really do hope she writes perfectly for A Star is Born... (maybe Lin-Manuel level?) cuz I have a feeling it's going to be her next hit:)

There's something I feel is coming for Gaga and her career...

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

The Child
4 hours ago, KleinGa said:

Yall love to plan her life.

I live

This.

They should plan their own lives tbh. :poot:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TBH right after cheek to cheek I would have said yes but now I think the smoking will make that impossible, silly to even consider. 

1 hour ago, Gagaiagr8 said:

TBH right after cheek to cheek I would have said yes but now I think the smoking will make that impossible, silly to even consider. 

Are you serious? :oprah: I don't where you have been but Gaga vocals are on point and she's only gotten better with age.

I swear some of you talk about Gaga, as she chain smokes everyday. Many of her best vocal performances have been after C2C. Oscars and SB say Hi

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Dorothy Gale

I'd much rather she focus on putting out another album or even doing another musical film. Broadway doesn't really appeal to me and it's pretty elitist because not a lot of fans could see her and it's just not my thing. 

10 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

Are you serious? :oprah: I don't where you have been but Gaga vocals are on point and she's only gotten better with age.

I swear some of you talk about Gaga, as she chain smokes everyday. Many of her best vocal performances have been after C2C. Oscars and SB say Hi

Yeah i agree and they were right after cheek to cheek... read my comment again. 

25 minutes ago, Gagaiagr8 said:

Yeah i agree and they were right after cheek to cheek... read my comment again. 

Umm I don't understand what you're getting at, as I already accurately responded to your comment.

And only Oscars 2015 was right after C2C. Oscars 2016, the SB, Grammys 2016 weren't right after C2C, as they all happened early this and C2C came out late 2014. So her voice is just as strong.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

2 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

Umm I don't understand what you're getting at, as I already accurately responded to your comment.

And only Oscars 2015 was right after C2C. Oscars 2016, the SB, Grammys 2016 weren't right after C2C, as they all happened early this and C2C came out late 2014. So her voice is just as strong.

She was singing jazz way after the album release on the c2c tour  (ended July 2015) and she kept singing jazz right after the superball, e.g Sean Parker and Jane Austin, some Hillary thing at the DNC, where her voice was peaking. now it's going down slightly. 

Archived