opinion

Lemonade Megarate Final Results

Hades

Featured Posts

#4   Hold Up   8,43 

tumblr_o65f8wTpzd1qi23pgo2_500.gif 

Highest score 11 @surejan 

Lowest score 6,5 @petedagrk 

@jujubae One of the most radio-friendly tracks off Lemonade, Hold Up dabbles in jealousy and infidelity, two of the album's key themes. It's a fun sing-a-long, and almost makes you feel as though you're the one at wit's end in this relationship between Bey and Jay, although we are merely on the outside looking in. There's a reggae-tinge to it, and I've been loving the mash-up she does live with Sister Nancy's "Bam Bam", one of my most favorite reggae acts ever. And, the actual song aside, this portion of the visual album on HBO was perhaps my favorite, from the moment Bey opened the doors in that (instantly ICONIC) yellow dress with the water cascading down the steps, to the part she starts smashing ****.   

@Antonio Absolutely LOVE it! I find it quite repetitive to be completely honest, but the verses slay my entire existence!  

@KinneyUnderYou My favorite. The music video is one of my favorites. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Formation is definitely the winner

2 minutes ago, scottishmonster said:

prediction

4 - All Night

3 - Formation

2 - Hold up

1 - Freedom

We shall see dahhhlings.:giggle:

#3  All Night:giveup:   8,52  

tumblr_o9dpvuUacH1uqity9o2_500.gif 

Highest score 11 @Andy21 @venusian 

Lowest score 0  @colbyxreeves 

@jujubae This is really tied with my other favorites from the album , and it mostly depends on what I'm feeling that day for me to decide which of them I like the most. Regardless, 'All Night' features not only superb vocals, but also some very catchy moments. But, for sure, the thing her voice does on that chorus gives me I-HEAR-GOD.gif teas every single time! Simply chills. I adored this part of the special as well. Definitely one of my favorite Beyonce songs of all time, and one of this album's most tender and captivating moments.  

@Antonio A bop nontheless, it's a very very good song, and I LOVE it!  

@KinneyUnderYou SECOND SINGLE COME THRU. 

#2  Formation  8,57

sncxoe3.gif?w=739 

Highest score 11 @Eliottmthd 

Lowest score 0 @Horiph 

@jujubae The year's most polarizing and electrifying single release. I remember exactly where I was when the video dropped itself online ever-so casually, and I was left positively speechless in the very best way possible, something I haven't felt by a single/video in who knows how long. Did Beyonce just deliver an ode to celebrating her blackness in a country that, more often than not, condemns/despises such a thing, and singing directly to a crowd that had for a long time assumed she was forfeiting her identity to appeal more to white audiences? YES. Considering the heat in all matters dealing with race, an internal war ignited around 2012 but forever present in this screwed up country since its earliest days, there wasn't a more appropriate time for this song to reveal itself. A day before Bey would honor the Black Panthers at the Superbowl, one of AmeriKKKa's whitest institutions, she brought us all to attention and held us by the ear until she was finished. In the grand scheme of Lemonade's themes, it doesn't quite flow with the themes of infidelity. But in her celebration of blackness and identity, and considering the racial climate in this country, this song was more than appropriate: it was, is, and will forever be, revolutionary.

@Antonio I mean... This song SLAYS. Period. 

#1 Freedom feat. Kendrick Lamar  8,94 

beyonce-winner.gif 

Highest score 11 @colbyxreeves @scottishmonster @KinneyUnderYou 

Lowest score 1  @Andy21

@jujubae My favorites on the album can really be tied between 5 songs (Don't Hurt Yourself, Freedom, Formation, All Night, and 6 Inch), but I can't give them all an 11 so here we go! 'Freedom' is one of the most relevant cuts from the album, and the presence of Kendrick on the track is no mistake: back and forth, these two go H.A.M. during the verses and Lamar's bars, and Beyonce slays that chorus. Considering the amount of flak Bey had been getting these past few years for not being "as vocal as she could've been" about the #BLM Movement (pfft), she really came through with this album. Both 'Freedom' and 'Formation' charged head-first into a very hot button issue, more on which I'll get to in my comments on Lemonade's first single. Besides those obvious undertones, the song relates to me in a different way, considering the legal troubles I recently became embroiled in at the beginning of the year. In a way, we are all chasing the every elusive 'freedom'. Bey really makes the chase feel as if it's not a lost cause.

@KinneyUnderYou No words.

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, Versace19069 said:

#1 Freedom feat. Kendrick Lamar  8,94 

beyonce-winner.gif 

Highest score 11 @colbyxreeves @scottishmonster @KinneyUnderYou 

Lowest score 1  @Andy21

@jujubae My favorites on the album can really be tied between 5 songs (Don't Hurt Yourself, Freedom, Formation, All Night, and 6 Inch), but I can't give them all an 11 so here we go! 'Freedom' is one of the most relevant cuts from the album, and the presence of Kendrick on the track is no mistake: back and forth, these two go H.A.M. during the verses and Lamar's bars, and Beyonce slays that chorus. Considering the amount of flak Bey had been getting these past few years for not being "as vocal as she could've been" about the #BLM Movement (pfft), she really came through with this album. Both 'Freedom' and 'Formation' charged head-first into a very hot button issue, more on which I'll get to in my comments on Lemonade's first single. Besides those obvious undertones, the song relates to me in a different way, considering the legal troubles I recently became embroiled in at the beginning of the year. In a way, we are all chasing the every elusive 'freedom'. Bey really makes the chase feel as if it's not a lost cause.

@KinneyUnderYou No words.

This is what I call justice. This is what I call a good opinion! :giveup:

giphy.gif 

12. Forward

11. Love drought

10. Sandcastles

9. Pray You Catch Me

8. 6 Inch

7. Don't Hurt Yourself

6. Daddy Lessons

5. Sorry

4. Hold Up

3. All Night

2. Formation

1. Freedom

YES FREEDOM, AKA MY FAVORITE, WON, I'M SHOOK :giveup:

Overall, I'm very happy with the results (BUT SANDCASTLES 10?!)
Thank you so much for this, it was really fun! WE NEED ANOTHER!

1 minute ago, Versace19069 said:

12. Forward

11. Love drought

10. Sandcastles

9. Pray You Catch Me

8. 6 Inch

7. Don't Hurt Yourself

6. Daddy Lessons

5. Sorry

4. Hold Up

3. All Night

2. Formation

1. Freedom

#JusticeFor6Inch

#JusticeForDaddyLessons

Good results over all though :golfclap::golfclap: 

KinneyUnderYou
1 minute ago, Versace19069 said:

Thank you all for participating. @L E O sorry i mispelled your nickname.:giveup:

See ya all in the next megarates.:wub:

Thank you for being a wonderful host!

gretchy.gif

Archived