Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About the "GP"

Oriane

Featured Posts

Computer
7 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

Music will never be over. Music has been a thing ever since humans were.  

We already determined its over :excuseu:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

53 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

Actually for a lot of people it's not being regarded so well if you like pop music. Maybe in middle school, sometimes in high school, yes it's usual to listen to pop, a lot of people talk about it, but when you're older, most people will just consider you have bad taste.

I hate that this is true. It's really stupid how people consider pop music to be bland, basic, just because it's popular. Pop can be just as meaningful and artistic as rap, rock or whatever other genre is deemed acceptable to listen to. Music is music, no type is better than another, just different.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

38 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

I always see people on here talking about the GP and from what I read : the GP listens a lot to pop music, they don't care about Gaga because she's not on the charts and they would care again if she released a big hit, they prefer listening to Beyoncé or Taylor Swift, etc.

But the GP, if we're talking statiscally, isn't that much interested in pop music. Actually for a lot of people it's not being regarded so well if you like pop music. Maybe in middle school, sometimes in high school, yes it's usual to listen to pop, a lot of people talk about it, but when you're older, most people will just consider you have bad taste.

At the university almost all the people I talked to listened to rock and things like that, I saw a lot of guys listening to rap, a lot of people listening to electro but more underground things, not very mainstream... I met people who listened to pop but very casually, they listened in a lot of other stuff too. And they were not like huge fans of Beyoncé, Taylor, Katy etc, they knew some songs here and then.

And let's not talk about older people, aged 30+, the majority is just not interested in this.

So I don't know what you're talking about with the GP, their opinion on Gaga, what they prefer in pop music, the charts etc... Because most of them obviously don't care and they don't listen to Gaga because they think it's bad music, not because it's less mainstream or lacks promo.

57 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

30+ barely buy music

I'm 32 and I listen to pop/mainstream music occasionally, Contemporary rock/ Alternative rock and R&B are my main genres but I still listen to popular music and I buy all of my music, all my friends and co-workers are 35+/40+ and they do too. It's actually the other way around kids torrent things because sometimes they can afford them.

Top 40 music sells, I mean it's popular top 40 music, it's not the general public's fault that Gaga is struggling to sell her music. 

Stop making excuses because Gaga doesn't sell as much anymore, most people are bored of her, some of her fans are bored of her too, even Gaga herself seems bored, she doesn't even try anymore. Gaga and her current team don't know how to plan things, changing singles and releasing music videos when nobody cares about the songs anymore.

AlexanderMagno

GP = everyone who listens to the radio when they go to work in the morning

That's what I perceive. Don't overthink this subject.

Oriane
21 hours ago, Cerny said:

I'm 32 and I listen to pop/mainstream music occasionally, Contemporary rock/ Alternative rock and R&B are my main genres but I still listen to popular music and I buy all of my music, all my friends and co-workers are 35+/40+ and they do too. It's actually the other way around kids torrent things because sometimes they can afford them.

Top 40 music sells, I mean it's popular top 40 music, it's not the general public's fault that Gaga is struggling to sell her music. 

Stop making excuses because Gaga doesn't sell as much anymore, most people are bored of her, some of her fans are bored of her too, even Gaga herself seems bored, she doesn't even try anymore. Gaga and her current team don't know how to plan things, changing singles and releasing music videos when nobody cares about the songs anymore.

I couldn't care less about Gaga selling or not, I don't know what in what I wrote made you think I was talking about that. I'm just saying that the GP doesn't only include young teenagers who are the main public for pop music. Because whenever I see someone mentioning the "GP" here, the meaning is more "pop music fans".

As for Joanne, I see more people who like other genres of music appreciate the album than fans or other pop listeners. So yes, people care.

And again, I don't know a lot of people aged, say 40+, who mainly listen to current pop. Big music lovers will listen and give a try to everything, from mainstream to deep indie, but most people will mostly listen to what they loved when they grew up. They will hear what's on the radio once in a while but are they interested by it ? I don't think so.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

If there's one thing i can't stand in this site, is that "word".

And either we define this, simplhy joke around or there's nothing to discus. And usully jut falacies come out of threads about the GP with each and every single post being dumber than the one before

Oriane
23 hours ago, Computer said:

The GP just generally doesn't care a lot about music anymore.  Music is pretty much over.

I don't think I know anyone who doesn't listen to music :huh: (Not specifically talking about new music)

23 hours ago, neptugne said:

I don't really agree, because if you ask 100 strangers on the street "what do you think about Million Reasons by Gaga?" vs "What do you think about Bad Romance?" I'm certain more people will know BR over MR, which is a result of less mainstream vs. they don't like it.

That's what I'm saying. The GP overall knows Bad Romance, Poker Face, etc. People who like pop music will usually say they like these songs. But people who think pop music is bad (and it represents a great part of the GP) will just assume Gaga doesn't have talent and her music can't be interesting, precisely because they only know these songs. 

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

The "general public" is always slated and have bad taste when Gaga isn't #1 (ironic) yet everyone is so obsessed with her slaying :rip:

But yeah, people need to learn to separate the general public and general taste. Everyone has their own taste, it's just that pop music has a pleasing sound to a lot of people. It doesn't mean pop music has to be basic, it doesn't mean that everyone else's taste is bad... it's just pop music.

This isn't a dig at OP at all, I kind of agree with you, it's just everyone else who has such a distorted view of people's tastes.

Archived