đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs a hit now

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
3 hours ago, Edonis said:

While I'm not going to drag Gaga like some other "fans" you are delusional to think she doesn't want a hit. The behind the scenes of "A-YO" TELL a completely different story when Mark and Gaga were talking about making it as good as uptown funk and actually calling it a hit. Secondly, the transition of singles (flipping Id rather call it) between Million Reasons to A-YO to Million Reasons again (because it WAS charting higher than A-YO after the Carpool Karaoke) was the nail in the stone. She wants hits. The fact that she's doing the Super Bowl proves she wants hits.

The frustrating thing is that Joanne is an amazing album that has the potential to change the sound of pop music (just like The Fame did) but she isn't putting in nearly the same hustle as she's done with past albums (which is her choice, not gonna drag her on it.) But seeing that she only had songs the GP remembers from 3 of her 8 year mainstream career is kind of sad. And years later people will still rag on it because of that. There are still a ton of people who don't even know Joanne exists. This era isn't shaping up to be as spectacular as her previous ones imo. So it's no wonder why fans are melting down, etc. 

Thank you very much for this. They even left TFM- hooks for TF/Monsters

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

You're deluding yourself if you think Gaga doesn't want hits. 

Spoiler

Of course she does. 

In my messy era.

I'm tired of these "NOT THE BLING" and the "SHE DOESN'T NEED A HIT" bullcrap. I WANT A HIT!! IDC if she doesn't want one or if she doesn't care. I want a top ten!!!! Yes I know I'm being immature saying this but it feels so empty for the fact that she has no hits right now. All I want is at least one top ten. Is that seriously hard to ask? Please Bobby or Interscopes. Please give the songs justice. 

6 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

she want a hit as much a we want it

when PI and MR hit #1 on itunes she was like :woot:

and when Joanne was released she was counting country by country the places where she was reaching #1 so... :sure:

This sooooooooo much!!!!!!!

Frankly, it was borderline embarrassing. When MR went #1 on iTunes, she was acting like it was her first hit ever. 

She wants hits. We want hits. We need to squash the idea that she doesn't care because she very much so does.

The second single swaps from ARTPOP and Joanne and second to third single rush from Judas to The Edge of Glory because TEOG charted better are clear indicators of many. 

I think she wants to be more nonchalant about it (which clearly isn't happening given the preceding paragraphs). 

I think she's also not trying to put a lot of effort in case the song flops and plus her health is not exactly in the best shape. 

I still contend she actually had her ducks in a row this time until the election stole her attention. Her timeline on twitter was tragic.

I'm inclined to believe she calls the shots and not Bobby. The lack of direction and focus is typical of her. 

It's a shame. Her talent deserves better. 

She must release as 3rd single the most hit-worthy song on the album before the superbowl and perform it there

my bets are diamond heart or dancing in circles 

Lemonade
7 hours ago, DAVID VOGUER said:

I don't think she cares anymore... So why should we?

Off topic:

Can someone post that GIF of a black girl entering a room/opening a door... I just can't find it anywhere :O

giphy.gif

Lord Temptation

I see it differently.

I see Joanne as the start of Gaga's career. This is her first album to hit number 1 without a hit. 

TwerkinLurkin

I do t get why some of you think Joanne can't have a hit I understand PI the first time I heard it I knew it wasn't going to be one but if radio would start playing MR and she has one more big tv performance and releases the mv I think it could go top 10 also I think ayo could go top ten if it's released around Super Bowl time and is preformed their I also think dic And Joanne have a chance to be top 20 

DeanWinchester
10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I see it differently.

I see Joanne as the start of Gaga's career. This is her first album to hit number 1 without a hit. 

Nice perspective

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Kermit the frog

There are no hits on this album so we'll have to wait 2 years or so. 

Joanne is the closest to a hit she can get but I dont see it being a single.

Really MR is our only hope for a hit before the Super Bowl. There's just over 2 months to go, and that means we probably won't get single 3 until mid january-ish, which doesn't leave enough time for it to build momentum. 2 months is more than enough time for million reasons to take off though, but her team will really have double down on their promo

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Tommy Monster

I was just thinking about it today that she really needs to release DIC in January to have a smash hit at the SB, imagine the choreo :giveup: 

And DIC is actually the only song she hasn´t performed yet, so I guess she is saving it for later :classy:

DeanWinchester
7 hours ago, Noir said:

threads like this give me a brain haemorrhage :toofunny: 

6 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

I have cancer by reading some of these comments :awkney:

1 hour ago, sipthistea said:

What a desperate thread

tumblr_nskmzskGl71ucj38ko5_500.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived