Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs a hit now

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

The Child

Beyoncé did the Superbowl just after a "flop" album and since the Superbowl she only bounced back and delivered 2 great albums.

Gaga knows what she's doing, don't worry about her.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarryNight

MR have potential but if it continues like this we can sadly forget about hits in Joanne era

2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

john wayne or dancin in circles are her and ready to take over the world :gaycat:

they ain't playin MR why would you expect them to play these 2 even less radio friendly songs

DAVID VOGUER

I don't think she cares anymore... So why should we?

Off topic:

Can someone post that GIF of a black girl entering a room/opening a door... I just can't find it anywhere :O

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

AlexanderMagno
2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I am not a big chartster and if I am, it's mainly because I think Joanne's quality of music is really good and better compared to most music played on the radio right now.

However, I do think Gaga's team need to drum up something to get her at least a top 10 before the Superbowl and not after.

Let me start by saying it's very hard to read your post after this statement. I'm tired of the "I don't care about charts but Gaga deserves a hit" talk, why don't people just assume they care about it? I'm not trying to diss you or anything, if you want to know I'm probably more of a "chartster" than you and I'm one of those who says the whole "music not the bling" is Gaga being a bit hypocrite, otherwise we'd have everything she promises and more. Yes, she cares about it, she just tries to look like she doesn't so there's an excuse for the flop. So yeah, for start, let's face things as they are: Gaga is a star, we want her to succeed in every way possible, we care about charts. Even if it's just because you think her songs deserve it, we care and we're very upset when she flops.

I could say that if the music was REALLY good we would be so immersed in it we wouldn't even think about it, but let's not get there :lolga: (Gaga is the only artist I like that charts somewhere in the world, so I'm used to enjoy good music without the commercial success).

12 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I have coworkers and cousins not knowing about her Oscars 2015 performance until summer this year.

Thank you for saying this, once again I remember we went crazy about Gaga back then and everyone thought the whole world would remember tjis performance till the end of times, when in reality it was not as impactful as some claim. Yes, you hear "Lady Gaga can sing" more often, but the last three years of her career were so focused on showcasing her voice that the Oscars performance falls in the "she can sing" opinion. It shouldn't be like that, it's clear Gaga didn't manage it the right way. Everyone says "Lady Gaga wears crazy outfits", but the meat dress or plastic bags or whatever she's wearing or not don't get lost in that sentence, they alone are vivid memories and powerful statements.

So, now responding to your topic in a more direct way: ever since Perfect Illusion was released they are clearly trying to give this era some longevity. They take time to release everything, they do some promo once a week, that way they give time for the songs and the album to grow and to be stable in their positions, even if those positions aren't the highest. It's not working, AT ALL. And if they continue to do it, then yes it will feel like the SB is a very isolated show, just one of those "once a week". People won't notice her the week before and chances are they stop talking about her the week after, as it has been over the last year.

But since there is no way she can keep herself in the public eye for more than a month (and I'm being generous), I want to believe they will release the hit single a couple of weeks before the SB, that way there will still be lots of hype by the time the SB happens. Release the hit single now and everyone will forget about it by Christmas.

Or maybe they will release the hit song the day after the SB, and then the heavy promo and payola will start (ever since PI was released fans are expecting this to happen. But, like I've said before, given the way they are managing this ra, I seriously doubt this will happen).

Sorry for the long post, I was inspired :queenga: hope you understand my point and don't feel insulted for anything I'm saying!

ryanripley
28 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She def needs a hit or this album will end her career

lol don't be so dramatic, she's achieved a heavy amount in her career so far and it's only been 8 years, i think she's allowed some lowkey time

but i would like a hit tbh, whether it's joanne or a the next

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Born To Slay
Just now, ryanripley said:

lol don't be so dramatic, she's achieved a heavy amount in her career so far and it's only been 8 years, i think she's allowed some lowkey time

but i would like a hit tbh, whether it's joanne or a the next

8 years and her last hit was 5 years in, she's had 2 hits since 2011. She really needs hits asap for her career to continue being taken seriously by the gp.

Irrelevant

The popularity of the SB might also be affected by the guest

IMO the biggest guest possibilities must be Florence Welch and/or Father John Misty

Beyonce or Christina Aguilera would suit the show at their respective eras, but nah for Joanne

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

doppelganger

I agree with you but it ain't happening this era. She will have to build hype using her other performances (hopefully more is coming) and maybe a commercial for the SB. 

ryanripley
Just now, Born To Slay said:

8 years and her last hit was 5 years in, she's had 2 hits since 2011. She really needs hits asap for her career to continue being taken seriously by the gp.

she's achieved more than hits, sooooooooo much more and even at her peak, the GP never took her seriously :nails: 

Born To Slay

she's achieved more than hits, sooooooooo much more and even at her peak, the GP never took her seriously :nails: 

They obviously took it seriously, they bought her albums and singles and gave her huge tours.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

They obviously took it seriously, they bought her albums and singles and gave her huge tours.

but the point is her career will be fine, she'll never be forgotten, her impact was phenomenal and shes on a much higher level than stans think she is

8RVwzMv.gif

Born To Slay

but the point is her career will be fine, she'll never be forgotten, her impact was phenomenal and shes on a much higher level than stans think she is

8RVwzMv.gif

She might not be forgotten but her star power will fade, her tours will shrink in size until she can't visit all the different countries she used too and labels won't put as much into promotion (they're not even now).

Archived