💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Gaga needs a hit now

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

Her last major hit was TEOG, 5 years ago, which is kinda embaressing. If your gonna do the superbowl you want to have new songs the audience knows and loves. I don't get why she is letting joanne go under the radar. You would think after ARTPOP's mess she would have come back to prove to troy and the world she still has amazing, different, fresh sounding songs (which she does), but isn't releasing them. It'll be such a waste to do the superbowl on joanne. What a shame

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
2 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Let me start by saying it's very hard to read your post after this statement. I'm tired of the "I don't care about charts but Gaga deserves a hit" talk, why don't people just assume they care about it? I'm not trying to diss you or anything, if you want to know I'm probably more of a "chartster" than you and I'm one of those who says the whole "music not the bling" is Gaga being a bit hypocrite, otherwise we'd have everything she promises and more. Yes, she cares about it, she just tries to look like she doesn't so there's an excuse for the flop. So yeah, for start, let's face things as they are: Gaga is a star, we want her to succeed in every way possible, we care about charts. Even if it's just because you think her songs deserve it, we care and we're very upset when she flops.

I could say that if the music was REALLY good we would be so immersed in it we wouldn't even think about it, but let's not get there :lolga: (Gaga is the only artist I like that charts somewhere in the world, so I'm used to enjoy good music without the commercial success).

Thank you for saying this, once again I remember we went crazy about Gaga back then and everyone thought the whole world would remember tjis performance till the end of times, when in reality it was not as impactful as some claim. Yes, you hear "Lady Gaga can sing" more often, but the last three years of her career were so focused on showcasing her voice that the Oscars performance falls in the "she can sing" opinion. It shouldn't be like that, it's clear Gaga didn't manage it the right way. Everyone says "Lady Gaga wears crazy outfits", but the meat dress or plastic bags or whatever she's wearing or not don't get lost in that sentence, they alone are vivid memories and powerful statements.

So, now responding to your topic in a more direct way: ever since Perfect Illusion was released they are clearly trying to give this era some longevity. They take time to release everything, they do some promo once a week, that way they give time for the songs and the album to grow and to be stable in their positions, even if those positions aren't the highest. It's not working, AT ALL. And if they continue to do it, then yes it will feel like the SB is a very isolated show, just one of those "once a week". People won't notice her the week before and chances are they stop talking about her the week after, as it has been over the last year.

But since there is no way she can keep herself in the public eye for more than a month (and I'm being generous), I want to believe they will release the hit single a couple of weeks before the SB, that way there will still be lots of hype by the time the SB happens. Release the hit single now and everyone will forget about it by Christmas.

Or maybe they will release the hit song the day after the SB, and then the heavy promo and payola will start (ever since PI was released fans are expecting this to happen. But, like I've said before, given the way they are managing this ra, I seriously doubt this will happen).

Sorry for the long post, I was inspired :queenga: hope you understand my point and don't feel insulted for anything I'm saying!

That's actually a well-thought out post! :applause:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Joshie S

you know what?
to all these fans who thinks she needs charts and hits.....     .... i will just keep listening to ARTPOP, because she's already told all of her fans before, music not the bling. she doesn't need to be on top to know she's worth it cuz she's strong enough to know the truth.

I wish fans understood her better.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

The Child
2 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Although there is contention on the fact that Beyonce is established especially including Destiny's Child but yes fair point

Yeah but there are many chances Gaga can win back the GP with the Superbowl, the basic GP just needs a reminder of her greatness.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The only potential "hit" to me is Diamond Heart, maybe also Hey Girl but I feel it could be either a total success or a total "meh".. sorry I don't see DIC raising (see what i've done here:derpga:) in charts.

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

Dominic

She's needed a hit since TFM/BTW. She's not had a hit song in such a long time.  I can't even count Applause because it went #1 but it wasn't really a massive commercial hit.  

Unfortunately I think she's probably going to stop releasing singles after MR...if she even releases it. With the SB and her schedule for next year I can't imagine her having the time to do a 3rd single and MV. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

4 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I was thinking about this the other day!  I feel bad if she doesn't tour the places all us LM reside but I must admit it was kind of exciting to think about smaller venues again.  Like with TMB 1.0.  It was much more intimate than the arenas.  Either way, all the best to Gaga! 

I've thought of this too and maybe it's a bit selfish, but I'd love seeing her in smaller theaters like TMB 1.0. 

OT: I feel like one of the few that wouldn't mind if Gaga became a smaller artist? I think what's important to her is making music she loves and sharing it with the world. If that means lower budget promo and smaller tours so be it :shrug:

ゼレミ ノヴェリノ

well if Million Reasons fails to take off then DiC will be our one and only hope left from this messy era:giveup:(DH/JW could work but it'd be way too risky)

Edonis
2 hours ago, JoshieS said:

you know what?
to all these fans who thinks she needs charts and hits.....     .... i will just keep listening to ARTPOP, because she's already told all of her fans before, music not the bling. she doesn't need to be on top to know she's worth it cuz she's strong enough to know the truth.

While I'm not going to drag Gaga like some other "fans" you are delusional to think she doesn't want a hit. The behind the scenes of "A-YO" TELL a completely different story when Mark and Gaga were talking about making it as good as uptown funk and actually calling it a hit. Secondly, the transition of singles (flipping Id rather call it) between Million Reasons to A-YO to Million Reasons again (because it WAS charting higher than A-YO after the Carpool Karaoke) was the nail in the stone. She wants hits. The fact that she's doing the Super Bowl proves she wants hits.

The frustrating thing is that Joanne is an amazing album that has the potential to change the sound of pop music (just like The Fame did) but she isn't putting in nearly the same hustle as she's done with past albums (which is her choice, not gonna drag her on it.) But seeing that she only had songs the GP remembers from 3 of her 8 year mainstream career is kind of sad. And years later people will still rag on it because of that. There are still a ton of people who don't even know Joanne exists. This era isn't shaping up to be as spectacular as her previous ones imo. So it's no wonder why fans are melting down, etc. 

GagaTheExplorer
3 hours ago, Noir said:

threads like this give me a brain haemorrhage :toofunny: 

she can't have a hit? is that a crime? that would make you unstan her?

Rockets

U guys her last hit was Chillin' ft Wale and that was like 8 years ago it's clear to me her career is so over like wtf is a "gaga" :poot: 

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

GagaTheExplorer
3 hours ago, JoshieS said:

you know what?

she want a hit as much a we want it

when PI and MR hit #1 on itunes she was like :woot:

and when Joanne was released she was counting country by country the places where she was reaching #1 so... :sure:

Archived