šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which Gaga do you think is more "empowering"?

Naor Daniel

Featured Posts

Naor Daniel

We can all agree that Gaga today is a complete different than 2009-2013 Gaga, can't we?

IMO she was always an inspiring person, helping people cope with their difficulties.Ā 

Ā 

tumblr_oa3rsai99C1ufa99eo1_500.gif

Ā 

tumblr_mxjwt9xtWm1qbpemeo2_250.gifĀ 

Ā 

nowadays she is promoting kindness and bravery in a different way

Ā 

tumblr_o9e4f5U9w51rxpy75o1_500.jpg

http://www.etonline.com/music/200614_lady_gaga_wants_people_to_pay_attention_to_her_music/

"Lady Gaga Simplifies Her Style to Keep the Focus on Her Album: Can't Make Music With a 'Lobster on Your Head'"

Ā 

----------

tbh, as a person who doesn't believe political correctness and cute, fancy, gentle talking can change anything... I prefer the old way.

Why? She was STRONG and preached that you can be bullied and still end up in Madison Square Garden, you can do whatever the f- you want.Ā 

I'm not a fan of this "make the world a kinder place" stuff because it's not going to change people who won't listen to un-cool statements that feel like they came from your teacher in school or your mom and dad.

People today look up to The Weekend, Beyonce, Rihanna, Drake, Bieber, Taylor. They either don't have any message or they're promoting egoism, racism, lies. Gaga is just not there, and she is the one who needs to influence people, not those trash cans.Ā 

btw I'm not saying "bring the old gaga back", she's the same person, she has matured, it's something most people go through.. But I just wish she could be the strong woman others look up to and not the opposite. She is the one who cancelled her tour with Kanye West and now she's tweeting him after all he's done to his fans and Taylor Swift ):Ā 

Thoughts?Ā 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I get what you mean, I mean, looking at her actions back then, they were definitely more forceful and direct. I mean, I got shook when she screamed "FASTER!!" in John Wayne, I can't necessarily imagine her now screaming and just saying "f*ck it" with politics and stuff.

Granted, she's not afraid to speak her mind, now she's just doing it in a different light. I think she's really trying to take a page out of John Lennon's book when she's trying to promote and preach about peace and kindness, and all that stuff.Ā 

That said, Lennon wasn't afraid to do some more direct and forceful things either, but he also spent a lot of time just talking about preaching about it. I think that's what she's trying to do now.Ā 

To answer the question, on which do I think is moreĀ empowering...Ā "old Gaga", but that's not to say that the "Gaga we have now" isn't empowering. She's every bit as passionate and emotional as she was back then, this time she just chooses to be, I suppose, a little bit more mature about it.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

giskardsb

the "first" attitude you mentioned is an outward show of "strength" that people use often to pretend to be stronger than what they really are. Ā 

it takes more strength to be vulnerable and deal with situations openly, because as you said it's not "cool" to appear vulnerable. Ā Putting on a fake facade may be "cool" but doesn't solve any actual problems, as Gaga found out over time. Ā It's just duct tape to mask stuff away.

Gaga is strong because she deals with her issues honestly.

and to be really honest, fans need to quit looking for a pop star to give them strength, and find it within themselves.

DiscoHeaven23

Born This Way Ga. While she was empowering through here career, Born This Way was consistent. I mean, it was the message of the era

djBuffoon

08-11Ga gave me what I needed as a student,Ā coming out,Ā scared, and anxiousĀ of where my life would take me.

13-presentGa gives me what I need as an adult.Ā 

1 minute ago, djBuffoon said:

08-11Ga gave me what I needed as a student,Ā coming out and scared.Ā 

13-presentGa gives me what I need as an adult.Ā 

What about '12Ga?

Ā 

I like Gaga now using music as an outlet for peace, justice and social issues.

she is always trying way too hard to be seem as inspirational, empowering, brave, leader, etc...

Ā 

I like her music, thats it

Reality
9 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

the "first" attitude you mentioned is an outward show of "strength" that people use often to pretend to be stronger than what they really are. Ā 

it takes more strength to be vulnerable and deal with situations openly, because as you said it's not "cool" to appear vulnerable. Ā Putting on a fake facade may be "cool" but doesn't solve any actual problems, as Gaga found out over time. Ā It's just duct tape to mask stuff away.

and to be really honest, fans need to quit looking for a pop star to give them strength, and find it within themselves.

But if it takes a pop star to give someone strength, then, by all means, look up to a pop star.

Everyone's situation is different, and we will never fully know what it's like for that other person. If the need a pop star in order to get through a difficult situation, then they should look up to them. They're human beings, like us, and they've also have their own personal struggles.Ā 

I wouldn't condemn people to looking at pop stars for strength and inspiration.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

I agree with you. Ā Musicians are there to entertain us. Ā Their purpose isnt to be inspirational leaders.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Leonardo Fox said:

she is always trying way too hard to be seem as inspirational, empowering, brave, leader, etc...

Ā 

I like her music, thats it

And that is fine for you. But honestly, a majority of people don't listen to Gaga with out knowing her political views and stances on things.Ā 

She made an album called Born This Way, she stood up for LGBT Rights, and women's rights and constantly does so. She uses her platform to express her views.Ā 

I believe your message shows a lack of maturity, and once you grow up you will realise that there are bigger issues that need addressing and you will look back and be thankful for someone like Gaga in our world.Ā 

Who stood up and hasn't sat down about issues that are important to her, her family, her fans and friends. As a fan I suggest you should educate yourself on world issues, LGBT issues and also Women's rights issues etc. before making outlandish statements that she is trying too hard.Ā 

Ā 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
2 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

I agree with you. Ā Musicians are there to entertain us. Ā Their purpose isnt to be inspirational leaders.

No. Someone with their platform should use that platform for expression. Artists in this world have a duty just like us all. They are not exempt from it. If you like mindless pop with no actual political views or intelligence. Coming to GGD and following Gaga is not for you.Ā 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
23 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

08-11 was the most empowering gaga

She turned into a scared kid afterwards

Fight me

You say scared. I say wounded soldier.Ā 

Archived