šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Wrong timing for Joanne?

MessyTop

Featured Posts

GagzDonkeyD
8 hours ago, androiduser said:

wow.... this is like Mariah claiming Glitter didn't do well because of the 9/11 attacks

Really?:sharon:

Reality

I get what you mean, but the timing seems perfect.Ā 

The album, conceptually, is that there is no hardcore concept. Sure, Joanne has different concepts for different songs, but there's no overall conceptualization of the album. A lot of the music on the album sort of fits a good "autumn" theme, and maybe that's just me, but I love it.

That, combined with the over-saturation of all these new kinds of music, it's a nice refresher. It's one of the most authentic albums to come from anyone this year, and I like that.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Jigglygoth

You guys look way too deep into everything when it comes to GaGa, specially when it comes to commercial strategies :air:

I think you need to chill, is just an album, if you like it, play it, if you don't then don'tĀ :toofunny:Ā 

Like, I get what you mean, but I feel like you guys focus on those things so much, that you don't even enjoy the music anymore TBH šŸ’€

HEART OF EVER-FROST

10 hours ago, androiduser said:

wow.... this is like Mariah claiming Glitter didn't do well because of the 9/11 attacks

Tbh that actually did have a very significant impact on music.

Ā 

OT: Literally no one who cares about the world wants to listen to shallow dance music right now.

boneknuckleskin

Absolutely the wrong timing as far as her career goes. We've already had to endure the C2C snooze fest. ARTPOP was half-hearted and suffered a series of missteps just a few yearsĀ after she was forced to give up BTW tour and era after her hip went kaput.Ā The last full era we had from her was TFM / The Monster Ball. We've literally been waiting half a decade for the ship to right itself. Joanne is not what we needed, it's what she needed.Ā 

SlayGagaloo

It's back to top10 on US ITunesĀ :oprah:Ā Ā Ā 

Who's buying it??Ā :oprah:Ā Ā  Ā 

Not the flop fans who keep complaining about it that's for sure (or they bought it first week)Ā :lolly: Ā  Ā 

Over.

She couldn't release earlier. If she released earlier in the year she would've been pit against Adele, Rihanna and BeyoncĆ©. Yes she's competeting against Bruno, The Weeknd, Chainsmokers, etc but it's mostly male artists. Ā Females vs females is far worse.

She also would've been running against said artists at the Grammys, and probably wouldn't have been picked for Super Bowl.

Plus she had already started taking the steps to change the direction of the album by then. If it was a 2015 album, we would've had those disco beats with redone, moroder, Nile Rodgers, etcĀ 

BYE

high heeled fem
On 11/22/2016 at 6:15 AM, freebit said:

It's actually kind of perfect timing IMO. After this tragedy of an election, the last thing I wanted to do was listen to some mindless happy dance music - that type of stuff felt extra tone deaf andĀ hollow to me, if anything. Meanwhile, Joanne is a mix of wistfulness and hopefulness that reflects how a lot of people are feeling.Ā 

exactly fab timing

I think the timing was fine.Ā 

The results of the presidential election has taken a toll on her. It's really sad. At one point, she had completely abandoned Joanne and was ONLY talking about the election. As much as I love her, she is incredibly frustrating. We were all shook about Trump. I didn't stop working at my job because of it....and I'm on anti-depressants and anxiety medicationĀ 

Following the death of a very close friend, Joanne came at the exact perfect time for me. It speaks more to me now than it would've ever before.

Wouldn't have had it any other way.

ā¤ x ā¤

LePetitGAGABLover
On 11/21/2016 at 0:12 PM, androiduser said:

:air:

Archived