Why does this happen every era?

Born Brave

Featured Posts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne
56 minutes ago, Justinn said:

Bahhhh lets not bring the word TRUMP into this.. I have too many warning points. 

:creepflop:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

HaveAnOysterBBy
1 hour ago, Justinn said:

Why is it that we are looking at our 2nd straight era with the 2nd straight 2nd single being a promo single that got a little hot on the iTunes chart??

ARTPOP Era:

Venus announced as 2nd single. DWUW released as Promo single- does OKAY on iTunes chart, 2nd single changed to DWUW and Venus is scrapped. DWUW video delayed, delayed, delayed- SCRAPPED. 

Joanne Era:

A-Yo announced as 2nd single- sent to radio even- MR catches some promo from Carpool Karaoke and rises on iTunes- Gaga's team on a tailspin decides to scrap A-Yo and send out MR instead for 2nd single. Now the MR video is nowhere to be seen. 

Why? This is stupid. No other artist does this and there are reasons for it- it makes you look desperate. Just my opinion... 

In a time when you want familiarity and a solid cycle leading up to the Super Bowl performance , this is a true blunder. 

It's too late now.. it'll just have to run it's course. Where is MR even at on the charts? 

Couldn't agree more sis 

i havnt been on GGD for a while cause I just can't with the way eras keep going :nails:

Radio Ga Ga
1 hour ago, Justinn said:

Fair enough- but A-Yo was announced as the second single lol. 

Im not blaming Gaga but people get paid to anticipate what should be released and when. Like Venus- why even announce it as the 2nd single and set yourself up for a big mess of having to explain why it was changed? If they wanted DWUW as the 2nd single they should have just made it the 2nd single from the get go. Its not like they hadn't heard the whole album and couldn't make a good decision because of that... 

When is the last time Taylor Swift changed a single out of chart success? Lol. Out of The Woods slayed and she saved it for the 4th single? It WAS a promo single. 

I thought out of the woods was 6th single...

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I thought out of the woods was 6th single...

Out of the woods was the 5th single.

Shake it off - Blank Space - Bad Blood - Wildest Dreams - Out of the woods - New Romantics

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Radio Ga Ga
2 minutes ago, Tumblr said:

Out of the woods was the 5th single.

Shake it off - Blank Space - Bad Blood - Wildest Dreams - Out of the woods - New Romantics

Shake it off, blank space, style, bad blood, wildest dreams, out of the woods, New Romantics 

u forgot style 

HOTNebraskaGuy

How many times does she have to explain she's not doing singles like they're usually done. 

Ayo was a thing and got a lot of promo (Apple ad, Making Joanne, SNL), and now Million Reasons is in the spotlight. Don't expect her to dedicate a music video to every song she puts out or spend two+ months promoting it.  

One, five, ten lay a million on me

I think Million Reasons is a wonderful single choice, but the fact that this continues to happen is annoying. I wish her team would stick to their decisions. But it's a solid choice, so you can't blame them for the switch really. You truly don't know what's going to be a hit until it's released. The general public is fickle and unpredictable with music, sometimes.

AlexanderMagno

Gaga shouldn't be in control, period. Nor Gaga's friends. I'm a fan, but seriously open your eyes and realise these single changes and the video delays mean she cares more about chart performance than her own fans do :grr: these rants are not from someone who wants Gaga to be #1, they are from someone who wants her to do what she promises, what she wants. Gaga and her team are clearly worried about what single will do best, and worried about the perfect timing to release a music video. We just want things done.

And if you tell me she doesn't want to rush things, then she shouldn't announce second singles and then change them. And if you say she doesn't want to release singles the old-fashioned way, then she should just release the album with no single announcements at all, and do the videos she wants whenever she wants.

Interscope's fault? Well she has always defended them, so they're not the ones to blame.

Bolkins

I get where you're coming from, this does seem to be the pattern with Gaga now and it does look v sloppy compared to other artists, but I guess were not in a real position to give an opinion being mere mortals.

My main concern with any new number 1 hit being made this era was that she desperately needed one for the SB and this rate I feel like the opportunities have been and gone. I feel like for quite a while she's been stuck in this Bad Romance & Pokerface paradigm and Joanne/SB was her golden chance to break away from it. A-Yo had the potential to be the big anthmic song for the Super Bowl but its been pushed aside for a song that will not translate to a gig like that. I hope to GOD she doesn't perform MR at the Super Bowl (i like it just pls no ballads, there is a time and place and the SB isn't it).

EDIT: She doesn't even need a massive hit for the SB, she just needed an upbeat song that was recognisable to the attendees, a moderate hit would of done that. Is it unrealistic to think a 3rd single could be a hit?

BornAsUnic0rn

First of all: 'Every Era'' in the title, but only name 2, while we are in the 6th era? No. 

But Gaga has a thing for 2nd single ''problems''.

BDR was planned as Single#2 of TF, but they released PF ultimately, and look how that went. 

Judas as Single#2 underperformed and so they quickly hopped to TEOG as #3 And TEOG was like 3 or 4times more successful.

Then DWUW/Venus, which arguably was the right decision.

And now MR/A-Yo, where we don't know how it will go. 

So 2/4 or 3/4 the ''switch'' worked out.  And MR is still TBD. 

Born Brave

It does cause for an interesting viewpoint because we give each other so much grief sometimes over "you only care about charts" blah blah blah *cmon we all know we care about it to some degree*

We sit here and drag each other over what really matters and Gaga's team is literally throwing singles at the charts hoping something sticks... Maybe Gaga cares more about charts than we think she does? 

Regardless- Joanne from a quality standpoint is sheer brilliance. So is a Ferrari- but if you can't drive it, sitting in the driver seat only gets you so far... I just would like to see this album realize it's full potential and I think opportunities are being wasted.. it's a shame. 

Diamond Heart / DIC / John Wayne / Come to Mama / Angel Down / A-Yo ... ARTPOP wasn't nearly this frustrating because the material just wasn't as wholesome as Joanne's work- there wasn't a lot of substance there to get upset over in the longevity of it all. 

I will love the album dearly regardless of it's commerical success, but knowing what could be still irks me. 

Archived