Born Brave

Featured Posts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malazam
1 minute ago, takemetovenus said:

#96 :toofunny:

WTF!? That's the past week, the week when MR was 130 on iTunes.

30. Million Reasons (+53) since the performance on US iTunes.

Even JOANNE went Top 10.

Changing singles is really messy but in both cases, DWUW and MR are bigger hits than the previous choices.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Born Brave
Just now, mister max said:

Litterally guys smh :smh: ALL YOU DO IS ****ING COMPLAININGQ

Gaga just did an Amazing performance and is getting praised everywhere, she looked amazing at the AMAs

but the only things you do is: "OMG ITS FALLING DOWN ITUNES OHNO SUPERBOWL CANCELLED, GAGA CANCELLED "

Honestly this is the last thing im doing. I think the album is clearly her best ever. I love it. I am just wondering why this is a recurring chain of events for her? Like does she not realize this has happened 2 straight releases in a row? If anything Im a little upset because it seems SHE was the one chasing chart success rather than sticking to her own artistry. 

mister max
16 minutes ago, Justinn said:

Why is it that we are looking at our 2nd straight era with the 2nd straight 2nd single being a promo single that got a little hot on the iTunes chart??

ARTPOP Era:

Venus announced as 2nd single. DWUW released as Promo single- does OKAY on iTunes chart, 2nd single changed to DWUW and Venus is scrapped. DWUW video delayed, delayed, delayed- SCRAPPED. 

DWUW was the obvious better one, DWUW did what venus couldnt, being on the charts and staying there

We all know why the DWUW video got changed so stop with the argument :smh:

16 minutes ago, Justinn said:

Joanne Era:

A-Yo announced as 2nd single- sent to radio even- MR catches some promo from Carpool Karaoke and rises on iTunes- Gaga's team on a tailspin decides to scrap A-Yo and send out MR instead for 2nd single. Now the MR video is nowhere to be seen. 

Ayo was NEVER confirmed as a single, yes it got send to radio, yes she performed it but MR was the true single they choose for. You are asking about the video? ITS BEEN A WEEK SINCE IT WAS A SINGLE, ABOUT 12 HOURS SINCE IT GOT PERFORMED ON AMAS. WHEN IT WAS ON CK/SNL IT WASNT EVEN A SINGLE. 

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

mister max
14 minutes ago, Justinn said:

Honestly this is the last thing im doing.

Lol you are complaining tho

I think the album is clearly her best ever. I love it. I am just wondering why this is a recurring chain of events for her? Like does she not realize this has happened 2 straight releases in a row?

Why do you think it got changed? lmao she has interscope and bobby to help her pick the both commercial and own chose

If anything Im a little upset because it seems SHE was the one chasing chart success rather than sticking to her own artistry. 

Then were is all the promo? if she is that chart hungry monster you describe her for, she would be doing performances/interviews/talkshows left and right, Right? Because Gaga is probably the first person if you think off as chart hungry. I expected the radio ARTPOP host would atleast understand ARTPOPS meaning but I guess I'm wrong.

In order to chart, you have to release a crappy pop song or a balad. Since Gaga does not make crappy and simple pop songs, she is going for the ballad!

(i'm joking but I feel like 10% of this is true)

Born Brave
5 minutes ago, mister max said:

DWUW was the obvious better one, DWUW did what venus couldnt, being on the charts and staying there

We all know why the DWUW video got changed so stop with the argument :smh:

Ayo was NEVER confirmed as a single, yes it got send to radio, yes she performed it but MR was the true single they choose for. You are asking about the video? ITS BEEN A WEEK SINCE IT WAS A SINGLE, ABOUT 12 HOURS SINCE IT GOT PERFORMED ON AMAS. WHEN IT WAS ON CK/SNL IT WASNT EVEN A SINGLE. 

Fair enough- but A-Yo was announced as the second single lol. 

Im not blaming Gaga but people get paid to anticipate what should be released and when. Like Venus- why even announce it as the 2nd single and set yourself up for a big mess of having to explain why it was changed? If they wanted DWUW as the 2nd single they should have just made it the 2nd single from the get go. Its not like they hadn't heard the whole album and couldn't make a good decision because of that... 

When is the last time Taylor Swift changed a single out of chart success? Lol. Out of The Woods slayed and she saved it for the 4th single? It WAS a promo single. 

Reality

Trust me, I love A-YO more than just about anyone. It's one of my absolute favorites from the album, but it's understandable why she changes singles and stuff.

Of course, I'd love for her to promote and perform A-YO more, but Million Reasons is not only more relatable, but it's also much more G.P. friendly and more digestible for people. 

A-YO's really a hard hit-or-miss, you either love it or you're not into it. Million Reasons is upon one of her most well-received songs. I mean, just look at the like:dislike ratio on YouTube, and the comments. They're all pretty positive. Plus, it's just an amazing song!

🃏🖤👹

artRaver

I really don't care what she does anymore regarding promotion because she's surrounded around a yes ma'am team who don't hold themselves or her accountable of anything and a label who switches **** last minute because it's higher ATM on the iTunes Charts, lol. We already know what's going to happen regarding the direction of this era. 💀

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

mister max

Fair enough- but A-Yo was announced as the second single lol. 

Im not blaming Gaga but people get paid to anticipate what should be released and when. Like Venus- why even announce it as the 2nd single and set yourself up for a big mess of having to explain why it was changed? If they wanted DWUW as the 2nd single they should have just made it the 2nd single from the get go. Its not like they hadn't heard the whole album and couldn't make a good decision because of that... 

When is the last time Taylor Swift changed a single out of chart success? Lol. Out of The Woods slayed and she saved it for the 4th single? It WAS a promo single. 

You were blaiming gaga tho...  I cant fully explain the Venus/DWUW change tho, since I wasnt here when it happened... AYO/MR is a whole other situation, gaga clearly like ayo more (giving 2 tv ads and SNL opener) and her label pushed MR (CK, SNL closer) So what they did is watch wich one did better (MR)

Why bring Taylor Ssssswift in this?

I was team AYO and Venus tbh.

Second single curse. At least Judas got a video even though the switch messed up TEOG.

BYE

Born Brave
9 minutes ago, mister max said:

You were blaiming gaga tho...  I cant fully explain the Venus/DWUW change tho, since I wasnt here when it happened... AYO/MR is a whole other situation, gaga clearly like ayo more (giving 2 tv ads and SNL opener) and her label pushed MR (CK, SNL closer) So what they did is watch wich one did better (MR)

Why bring Taylor Ssssswift in this?

Im not particularly blaming Gaga- im blaming whoever makes these impulsive decisions. They even released the "Making of AYO" thingy- which was a pretty good indicator to me that they were headed in that direction- they even sent out emails to all stations stating that A-Yo was to be added as the 2nd single. 

Even 'Hey Girl' was getting more individual attention than MR. upon release. It just wasn't a good choice- especially after Perfect Illusion was such a inauspicious lead for someone like Gaga. 

Taylor Swift is relevant because she always puts out a bunch of promo singles (and they all do well) but she never impulsively changes her era plan to accommodate for the success of one in particular. She'll save it and release it later and slay with it. And she's had the most productive releases out of any particular artist of the last 5 years. 

Archived