💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne is Struggling

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

NIghtmareElm

I have my doubts that the AMA's will help a lot.  It's on the same night and broadcasting at the same time as The Walking Dead which is in it's strongest season yet.  

Maybe if she would promote it a lot.  This is the time where the massive hype would help her a lot. The great music is there, she just needs to show it off, A LOT.    It kind of backlashed with ARTPOP because the music wasn't as well received.  I know people that didn't even know she had an album out but once they listened they loved it.  

Perfect Illusion could of debuted higher than number 15 if released it earlier and performed it at the VMA's.  Also a lyric video would of helped.  

Remember when Biebz had a massive hype countdown for What Do You Mean?  It wasn't even the best song on the album.  That hype helped him a lot debut at number 1.  Gaga should of took a similar route.  

1 hour ago, Logan said:

You can't really blame it on promo. People typically buy albums because either they heard the hit single on the radio and they were impressed or they're loyal to the artist. Unfortunately Perfect Illusion wasn't that big, and Joanne itself isn't a very radio friendly album. That doesn't make it a bad album though. 

Considering none of my friends even knew she had an album out...yes, you can blame a lack of promo.

JustAnotherDay
2 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

With an outstanding first week sales for Joanne it was quite amazing.

But Joanne is STRUGGLING with longevity. 

With 79% in Joanne has sold only 6,000 copies (which puts it in 17th place) and has an SPS of 10,000 (also putting her in 17th place). 

So she should sell around 8,000 this week. 

Can't wait for AMA's and Million Reasons to take off to increase sales. 

That isn't how HDD works. Only certain retailers report to HDD, and right now only 79% have reported, these are all smaller retailers. Big retailers, such as target or walmart, report on the last day. In addition, it is only halfway through the week. She will probably end the week with 13k-15k pure sales. For the sales climate right now, these are good 4th week sales, especially with no promo in the past two weeks. Joanne is not struggling, in fact it is doing good, it will reach 500k ww next week which is great.

was NickARTPOP

1 hour ago, Logan said:

You can't really blame it on promo. People typically buy albums because either they heard the hit single on the radio and they were impressed or they're loyal to the artist. Unfortunately Perfect Illusion wasn't that big, and Joanne itself isn't a very radio friendly album. That doesn't make it a bad album though. 

Stop you're making too much sense for the little whiners

DiscoHeaven23
14 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

That isn't how HDD works. Only certain retailers report to HDD, and right now only 79% have reported, these are all smaller retailers. Big retailers, such as target or walmart, report on the last day. In addition, it is only halfway through the week. She will probably end the week with 13k-15k pure sales. For the sales climate right now, these are good 4th week sales, especially with no promo in the past two weeks. Joanne is not struggling, in fact it is doing good, it will reach 500k ww next week which is great.

Ummm sales do not increase much from the 79% mark. I've watched HDD for a while now. If Joanne SELLS more than 8000 by the end of the week, you'll win a prize. But i know it won't

JustAnotherDay
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Ummm sales do not increase much from the 79% mark. I've watched HDD for a while now. If Joanne SELLS more than 8000 by the end of the week, you'll win a prize. But i know it won't

if you've watched it for a while than you would know that it increases A LOT, JOanne was at 94k at this point on release week. HDD themselves predict around 14k pure and they know more about their charts than any of us.

was NickARTPOP

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, NickARTPOP said:

if you've watched it for a while than you would know that it increases A LOT, JOanne was at 94k at this point on release week. HDD themselves predict around 14k pure and they know more about their charts than any of us.

We shall see

Archived