Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Hillary Is A Much Better Republican Than Trump... And Other Thoughts


Computer

Featured Posts

Computer

Historically, Republicans have pushed for open trade, free markets, and deregulation.

Hillary has been somewhat equivocal on regulation.  On the one hand tearing down "too big too fail" precautions and on the other hand speaking as a friend to wall street.

I really see Hillary as the status quo of Obama, but only in the issues that have evolved in the past decade.  In other ways I see her as the next Bill Clinton.

My father (an NRA member and lifelong Republican) once said that Bill Clinton was the best Republican president he ever saw.

I really see a divide between Bernie and Hillary and as much as Bernie tears down Trump, the desire for change with Bernie was similar to the desire for change with Trump.

We are seeing a shifting in the makeup of the parties.  Historically the white Republicans were successful in the economy.  They had power.  They could realistically run a racist platform and win.  Today the establishment liberals, bound by theirs ties to the liberal west and trade interests between our countries, are now seen as the rich and disaffected. 

Today poor whites are alone for the first time.  They demand change.  For the first time they see the liberals, once a champion of the disenfranchised, as circumventing them in favor of foreign interest.  This is very new.

The low income whites are confused.  They can't see themselves as an economic class.  They refuse to do so.  Trump has cast their plight in racial terms and this comforts them.

All of these developments are troubling.  Modern economic strains have made the Trump agenda attractive.  But old issues are at risk of rising.

I am scared.

-Computer

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ
Link to post
Share on other sites

Starbucks

Congrats American!!! All I can do is just pray for u, and every nation in the world. Oh, for an update, now I'm preparing for the end of the world :lolly:

Your everyday cups of kindness
Link to post
Share on other sites

Computer
Just now, Maleficent said:

Donald Trump will be the best democratic president. 

I hope  so

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ
Link to post
Share on other sites

PoshLife
22 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Donald Trump will be the best democratic president. 

You're delusional.

21 minutes ago, Computer said:

I hope  so

You too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PoshLife

Also there's more to regulation than financial regulation. Hillary would have preserved and expanded the Clean Power Plan and implemented the Paris agreement. Environmental regulations are under attack in a Trump presidency.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Shadow locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...