Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

AHS: Roanoke, Chapter 10 (Season Finale) discussion

monketsharona

Featured Posts

47 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

yeah it wasn't, actually it was quite similiar than other seasons' finales :

If you think about it, other seasons also had some mysterious elements kept unrevealed and open endings  leading to a new beginning or life going on :

Season 1 : The end with the evil child. Murder House still being sold and bad ghosts being threats.

Season 2 : The weird ending with the flashback of Jude saying to Lana that she is bad inside (or something like that). Lana still being a tough woman but merciless journalist.

Season 3 : The Coven is still running with a new Supreme. 

Season 4 : Life goes on for the freaks who survived and even in the death, the show is not over for Elsa Mars and her freaks.

Season 5 : The Cortez is still open for business. The Countess is still seducing young men. Other ghosts are still hauting the Cortez.

Season 6 : The Colony is still haunting the woods and the Roanoke place, still killing at the Blood Moon period. 

It would be really cool if in any of the next seasons they explain how to release place (Murder House, Hotel or new place) from ghosts.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It would be really cool if in any of the next seasons they explain how to release place (Murder House, Hotel or new place) from ghosts.

That would be very interesting as all AHS places are haunted (even Briarcliff : in Roanoke's finale we learnt from the Ghosts Hunter that they had a very interesting hunt in an asylum ^^) 

Dominic

The final wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It gave closure to the storyline with Lee choosing to sacrifice herself for her daughter signalling she got her redemption. 

However, as a whole I thought they attempted too much and not enough. The 'found footage' narrative was done poorly with it all getting a little too messy towards the second half of the season however they didn't explore the 'villian' enough. The colony should have been more exaggerated and disturbed whilst they forgot about the other more scary ghosts like the crab girl and the nurses. Season 1 did the 'Ghosts trapped in a haunted house" thing better. 

Wasn't the worst season, that still belongs to Freakshow/Hotel, but it wasn't the best either Asylum/Coven. I'll be here for the next still... 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Glittertinks

Well I have to say the finale was okay. All these different format changes made it feel kinda... fast? One thing after another was happening and you could somehow feel that they don't have their usual number of episodes.

As for the whole season I have to say I like it really much, but it doesn't leave me with a feeling like everything has been solved. Some other seasons had open ends too, but I just feel we could have known more about the colony etc. It felt like something was missing the whole time.

Jenniferella

This season finale is a letdown ! I wasn't against the idea of Flora being the final character (let's be honest, it was foreshadowed during the season and I'm sure the season always aimed to end like this, which is hurting me even more because it just sucks). I was really hoping for Lee to survive and end up in another season, also there is no point protecting that fukcing Priscilla because she's been dead for a long ass time and the stupid Flora should have figured it out (Lee as well)

Also there was NO POINT making Lana Winters coming back.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

DAVID VOGUER
On 11/18/2016 at 1:17 PM, Versace19069 said:

Nothing tops the travesty that is Hotel. Unwatchable.:nails:

Hotel is the second best after Asylum...  :nails:

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

dlioncourt91

I actually enjoyed this season because it for once brought back the horror aspect that I felt took a backseat the last few seasons for either dark humor or shoe horned pop culture references which took you out of the show. (Hotline Bling anyone?) 

The show mocked the found footage genre perfectly especially how people will flock to the location (Blair Witch after the release) and the shows created to re-enact. I do feel the beginning was a lot stronger than the second half of the season but the second half does have its moment. When they are held prisoner by the Polks was honestly very unsettling and the actual ghosts themselves were terrifying though my main gripe was they never spoke especially the Butcher. As much as I didn't enjoy Gaga last season, I did find her to be terribly neglected this season as her story and presence carried such a mystique that it was built upon but once they returned to the house, the actual ghost was very scarce and never truly materialized as much as you think. The finale was a bit of a mess. The opening with Paleyfest (mocking the AHS fans) and the trial of Lee could have been quick montaged to further build on the return to the house which I felt was so quick and her sacrifice was just not buyable at all. I do think had Lee sacrificed herself to the Butcher to save her daughter as a distraction may have worked better but for a ghost child who was already dead. 

Overall, I found this season to be a lot darker than anything after Asylum which is great because I feel the following AHS seasons haven't truly gone there and focused more on being gifable and shock worthy than actually delivering something deserving of the moniker "Horror" and with the news of yet another Coven tie in and the polarizing reception this season got, I sense we'll be getting more "Scream Queens" kind of humor than something along the lines of "Asylum" horror.

Not a fan of this season. It was way too meta for my tastes. The concept was interesting but it just fell flat for me. As for this finale, there was nothing "horror" about it whatsoever. Spent half the time checking how long there was left to go.

Probably my second least favourite season overall, with Coven taking the bottom spot. I hope next season is a return to the classic AHS style, intro music and all.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

8 hours ago, DAVID VOGUER said:

Coven is the second best after Asylum...  :nails:

fixed

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

DAVID VOGUER
34 minutes ago, Zaza said:

fixed

Coven is not a horror story... 

CyanLights
35 minutes ago, DAVID VOGUER said:

Coven should have been called "American Campy Story" 

it was ridcuously cheesy 

Lona Delery
5 hours ago, DAVID VOGUER said:

So wasn't Hotel, but Coven was funny and had good writing at least. Hotel is just... :awkney: like nothing happens. It's a vampire soap-opera

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

The Surrealist
On 18.11.2016 at 1:39 AM, DAVID VOGUER said:

There was never a real plot in the whole season... they started with one idea and ended up with something totally misleading... 

None of the characters really developed throughout the season... 

PREEEEEEEACH.

DAVID VOGUER
4 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

So wasn't Hotel, but Coven was funny and had good writing at least. Hotel is just... :awkney: like nothing happens. It's a vampire soap-opera

The whole atmosphere of the hotel was pretty creepy, everyone was really demented and that's what makes it a great season, just like the second one... It seemed hotels like that exist in the world (minus blood thirty people and ghosts).... Not to mention scenes in the hotel with a drill demon and people coming out of mattresses + so many scenes inspired by real life horror that actually happened.... I really don't understand how people can bash the hotel season...

1. Asylum

2. Hotel

3. Freak Show

4. Coven

5. Murder House

6. Roanoke (roanoke will probably end up last no matter what season they release...hopefully nothing will be worse than that... ) 

androiduser
On 11/18/2016 at 2:03 PM, Bradley Cooper said:

#4 The Butcher and her mob, what exactly are they? Are they spirits or actual bodies? How do they just vanish and appear just because of a moon?

I think it was explained earlier on in the season that they appear as ghosts during the whole time, but during the blood moon they are also capable of physically harming the living

Archived