Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Le Pen sees hope in Trump victory


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

I was against a hard Brexit which would have been cutting our noses off to spite face. Now a "soft" Brexit is pretty much guaranteed then I'm all for it.

We will see. Europhobes shouldn't win. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Benji said:

So those countries can do what they want without having to answer to other countries. Take this for example, the U.K. decided to update it's garbage disposal to safer trucks that were environmentally friendly but the EU decided to block it as the UK would be purchasing these trucks from outside of the EU.

And no, it doesn't or at least shouldn't. If everyone decided to leave, we would probably all still want to trade for free with each other and that's the main thing.

The EU is like a permanent truce. It's for the best that it keeps existing no matter what.

 

If she, the daughter of an anti-semite and herself a white-nationalist, wins, I will definitely not be visiting France.

How long does a term in France last? Feels like Hollande started ages ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

We will see. Europhobes shouldn't win. 

The dissolving of the current EU could be great for Europe. There's a lot of euroscepticism across Europe because people hate feeling like their own country is being led by people they haven't elected. The Union is far too interfering as it is right now.

It's important we all keep good relations with each other and enjoy being neighbours but we should stop telling each other what to do.

14 minutes ago, Luc said:

The EU is like a permanent truce. It's for the best that it keeps existing no matter what.

The only thing that matters is the single market because no one wants to hurt a country that is helping them by buying or selling. There's no need for the union to be as interfering as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Luc said:

If she, the daughter of an anti-semite and herself a white-nationalist, wins, I will definitely not be visiting France.

How long does a term in France last? Feels like Hollande started ages ago.

France is pretty conservative in general, it's cool to go see the sights but I can't say I wanted to stay any longer than the few weekends I spent there.

I have no idea, I agree though :air:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

The dissolving of the current EU could be great for Europe. There's a lot of euroscepticism across Europe because people hate feeling like their own country is being led by people they haven't elected. The Union is far too interfering as it is right now.

It's important we all keep good relations with each other and enjoy being neighbours but we should stop telling each other what to do.

 

Maybe dissolving sounds good to you :laughga: 

But not for me at all. It's has to many negative aspects. From personal stuff like going to the supermarket in the Netherlands cause it's cheaper to buy some stuff there and only being not even a hour away and of course crossing the border as if there is none. You won't understand this probably cause you are from England. 

Europe is better unified  that separated especially in age of terrorism and growing powers like China and Trump in America and Russia eying to invade Eastern Europe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Simon said:

Maybe dissolving sounds good to you :laughga: 

But not for me at all. It's has to many negative aspects. From personal stuff like going to the supermarket in the Netherlands cause it's cheaper to buy some stuff there and only being not even a hour away and of course crossing the border as if there is none. You won't understand this probably cause you are from England. 

Europe is better unified  that separated especially in age of terrorism and growing powers like China and Trump in America and Russia eying to invade Eastern Europe. 

Yeah, we don't get those "perks" as much but I'm all for keeping our borders somewhat open. It'd be cool if we could all arrange to have European travelling visas that allows us to travel around Europe like we're all one. I did see on the news like ten minutes ago that a deal like that could be given to Britain (if we don't keep our borders open post-Brexit) where we pay five euros (£4) to be able to travel around Europe for five years after filling out a form. Seems like a good alternative.

We can be unified without bossing each other around. I remember before the result of the referendum there were members here that wanted the UK to leave because we were too demanding and now y'all are saying we need to be united? The EU isn't united. We can keep up great relations with each other without the current union.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Benji said:

Yeah, we don't get those "perks" as much but I'm all for keeping our borders somewhat open. It'd be cool if we could all arrange to have European travelling visas that allows us to travel around Europe like we're all one. I did see on the news like ten minutes ago that a deal like that could be given to Britain (if we don't keep our borders open post-Brexit) where we pay five euros (£4) to be able to travel around Europe for five years after filling out a form. Seems like a good alternative.

We can be unified without bossing each other around. I remember before the result of the referendum there were members here that wanted the UK to leave because we were too demanding and now y'all are saying we need to be united? The EU isn't united. We can keep up great relations with each other without the current union.

I think that 5€ system applies to every non-EU country right? :huh:

I wouldn't call it bossing around considering every country can influence decisions somehow. Though I agree what the current union needs to be changed. We need to get one unified parliament with one president/minister/chancellor what ever and get united than ever. I'm willing to giveup my German nationality for an European one. It might be dreaming but the voices for it get louder. (as well as skepticism of course, but this somehow always like this) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think that 5€ system applies to every non-EU country right? :huh:

I wouldn't call it bossing around considering every country can influence decisions somehow. Though I agree what the current union needs to be changed. We need to get one unified parliament with one president/minister/chancellor what ever and get united than ever. I'm willing to giveup my German nationality for an European one. It might be dreaming but the voices for it get louder. (as well as skepticism of course, but this somehow always like this) 

I think so? I was only half listening but sounds good enough.

Is that a good thing though? If you want a "united states" of Europe then you also have all of the downfalls of that. I mean look at the U.S. right now :ph34r: One president ruling over that entire land despite not being the popular vote... I would not feel comfortable with that. Hence why I'm against completely uniting. We can all get along and aim to all move forward together but we need to keep our general affairs separate for all of our own sakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I think so? I was only half listening but sounds good enough.

Is that a good thing though? If you want a "united states" of Europe then you also have all of the downfalls of that. I mean look at the U.S. right now :ph34r: One president ruling over that entire land despite not being the popular vote... I would not feel comfortable with that. Hence why I'm against completely uniting. We can all get along and aim to all move forward together but we need to keep our general affairs separate for all of our own sakes.

Well EU doesn't need to adopt the US system. The several party system is not that bad and forming coalitions. 

Without uniting mainland Europe (except Germany MAYBE) go economically wise down and will be dominated by China for example, which i don't favor at all :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Simon said:

Well EU doesn't need to adopt the US system. The several party system is not that bad and forming coalitions. 

Without uniting mainland Europe (except Germany MAYBE) go economically wise down and will be dominated by China for example, which i don't favor at all :rip:

Well you're halfway there with a united army. All of Europe going to war because it'll be favourable for a few countries? That's dangerous and unnecessary territory to be entering for everyone involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Benji said:

Well you're halfway there with a united army. All of Europe going to war because it'll be favourable for a few countries? That's dangerous and unnecessary territory to be entering for everyone involved.

OR it will make countries (aka Russia or turkey) stop thinking about invading those countries 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Simon said:

OR it will make countries (aka Russia or turkey) stop thinking about invading those countries 

Most of Europe is already willing to defend Europe, that includes the UK. It's in everyone's interest to defend their neighbours in Europe, I don't know why you want to create a super army though? Just the thought of that is terrifying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

venusfly
2 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Why do more and more people want countries to leave Europe? :awkney:

Doesn't it have a tragic impact on the economic situation of the leaving country?

The european union is an incredibly bad and flawed system, the richer countries in it constantly syphon hundreds of millions into the poorer countries while the poorer countries give nothing back. Take Greece for example, who make little to no effort in taxing their citizens but happily take money from the EU because if Greece fails the EU have to bail them out to stop the entire economy toppling.

 The EU makes laws that the citizens of any of the member countries can't vote on, politicians in member countries can't vote on them either; leading to laws appearing in countries that don't want these laws but have to enforce them.

The only reason it still exists today is because leaving the EU can have catastrophic effects to a country's economy if they don't perfectly execute a leaving plan that allows them to operate their economy independently with nothing propping it up, which is insanely difficult. (And even then, if you have this amazing perfect plan, investors don't like risk and will not give you money.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LG said:

The european union is an incredibly bad and flawed system, the richer countries in it constantly syphon hundreds of millions into the poorer countries while the poorer countries give nothing back. Take Greece for example, who make little to no effort in taxing their citizens but happily take money from the EU because if Greece fails the EU have to bail them out to stop the entire economy toppling.

 The EU makes laws that the citizens of any of the member countries can't vote on, politicians in member countries can't vote on them either; leading to laws appearing in countries that don't want these laws but have to enforce them.

The only reason it still exists today is because leaving the EU can have catastrophic effects to a country's economy if they don't perfectly execute a leaving plan that allows them to operate their economy independently with nothing propping it up, which is insanely difficult. (And even then, if you have this amazing perfect plan, investors don't like risk and will not give you money.)

And to add to that, the Union will even try to stop that. The UK managed to secure the Nissan's business investments post-brexit and the EU is trying to "investigate" the deal. They're trying to claim the UK paid them off when they most likely gave them information on their proposed Brexit deal so far.

I'm just glad that a number of businesses are staying in the UK and some are even going to start investing despite Brexit. Hopefully other countries that leave will have the same luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Benji said:

Most of Europe is already willing to defend Europe, that includes the UK. It's in everyone's interest to defend their neighbours in Europe, I don't know why you want to create a super army though? Just the thought of that is terrifying.

I don't think the thought is terrifying. It rather gives a new feeling of security

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...