💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga tweets about why she protests Trump

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Tolemo said:

Because the title of the country is the United States of America. We going to call ourselves United Statsian's?

I don't even think we should be called the "United States" anymore, "divided states" is more accurate.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

In Spanish we call you "Estadounidenses" wich is literally "United Statians/Staters"... so... yes.

It's just weird that you have the right to name yourselves after an entire continent 

And countries don't have titles they have names

Well, we are not calling ourselves North Americans, just Americans because we are the United States of America. Maybe we could change it to United Staters. But because of our unique and young heritage this is what we began to call ourselves. I think it is also in reference to the heterogeneity of our populous. It is just a part of our culture our history and the way things came about for the creation of out country. It may be weird to you, but alas this is what we are. I do not see it as something to make ourselves superior in any way. Another part of this is also a part of our identification with our states. I am an American and I am a Washingtonian, just like some from Montana is a Montanian.

RAMROD

Keep dividing then, it'll do well for that peace that you seek. :ladyhaha:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

32 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I don't even think we should be called the "United States" anymore, "divided states" is more accurate.

We still have a lot more in common. We have not been this divided in a while true, but it is not Civil War status and that attitude I think only exacerbates the situation.

25 minutes ago, Tolemo said:

Well, we are not calling ourselves North Americans, just Americans because we are the United States of America. Maybe we could change it to United Staters. But because of our unique and young heritage this is what we began to call ourselves. I think it is also in reference to the heterogeneity of our populous. It is just a part of our culture our history and the way things came about for the creation of out country. It may be weird to you, but alas this is what we are. I do not see it as something to make ourselves superior in any way. Another part of this is also a part of our identification with our states. I am an American and I am a Washingtonian, just like some from Montana is a Montanian.

Actually it was done because your founding fathers thought the other American nations would join them as one country... so even if it's not to make yourselves superior now, it was at some point.

I think that everyone living in a country in the American continent can call themselves Americans

No hate, just random thoughts

33 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

Actually it was done because your founding fathers thought the other American nations would join them as one country... so even if it's not to make yourselves superior now, it was at some point.

I think that everyone living in a country in the American continent can call themselves Americans

No hate, just random thoughts

I would agree that anyone living in the America's can call themselves Americans. I have no qualms over that. Also, as someone with a history degree I have never heard about the Founding Fathers thinking other nations would join us. That does not mean it isn't truth, I have just never seen a source behind the idea. Do you have a source of information around this?

20 minutes ago, Tolemo said:

I would agree that anyone living in the America's can call themselves Americans. I have no qualms over that. Also, as someone with a history degree I have never heard about the Founding Fathers thinking other nations would join us. That does not mean it isn't truth, I have just never seen a source behind the idea. Do you have a source of information around this?

My history teacher in High School.

It makes sense when you think about it, Why would you name a country United States of America if you didn't expect that ? I suppose it wasn't because of a lack of originality or because they didn't care about the rest of the territories in the continent

13 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

My history teacher in High School.

It makes sense when you think about it, Why would you name a country United States of America if you didn't expect that ? I suppose it wasn't because of a lack of originality or because they didn't care about the rest of the territories in the continent

Because the colonies were separate entities. We have a federal system of Government. The Articles of Confederation failed. The individual colonies united to fight the revolutionary war. the name United States which represents the individual states as entities with their own governments and powers that cannot be violate that are united under a single system of government that does not retain all the power.  Canada wasn't necessarily a thing, nor was Mexico and other countries in South America for the most part. So I unsure of how the Founding Fathers expected these all to have independence and join us.

Just now, Tolemo said:

Because the colonies were separate entities. We have a federal system of Government. The Articles of Confederation failed. The individual colonies united to fight the revolutionary war. the name United States which represents the individual states as entities with their own governments and powers that cannot be violate that are united under a single system of government that does not retain all the power.  Canada wasn't necessarily a thing, nor was Mexico and other countries in South America for the most part. So I unsure of how the Founding Fathers expected these all to have independence and join us.

Edit: FYI it wasn't just the founding fathers, but congress as a whole that changed the name :http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/congress-renames-the-nation-united-states-of-america

1 hour ago, Tolemo said:

That's the funny thing about history, it's written by people today, who have different interpretations of what happened in the past. We may never know what they were thinking. 

Also, what you said doesn't contradict what I said.

I mean, every country in the American continent used to be a colony 

AlexanderLevi2
On 11/10/2016 at 5:50 PM, CowSiss said:

Bye with you're 16 year old self, you want to live in a country without freedoms and rights? Have fun in North Korea, that is if they even want to tolerate you and your ignorance x arrogance :madge:

@SomethingMore has yet to explain why they actually like and support Trump.

I'm smelling a troll.

Currently listening to Joanne

8 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

@SomethingMore has yet to explain why they actually like and support Trump.

I'm smelling a troll.

White supremacy, maybe. :interestinga: 

FreePalestine

Raul Germanotta
On 11/10/2016 at 5:16 PM, Mr Ricky said:

The second tweet, I'm fearing that aswell for you guys. :ohno: 

"But there's hateful extreme groups that he empowered that I fear will grow now that he won."

I don't see how these 'groups' could be any more hateful than the group supporting 0bama. He cancelled my health insurance and I had to do without any at all for two years.

DeleteMyAccount

I'm not going to wait until something big happens. Not like things have already started. That's why people are scared (more than ever). A lot of Trump supporters wanting peace and unity are only saying that because they feel their privilege being threatened. Conservatives have hardly spoken out about racism or homophobia before. It's only convenient to them now..

On 11/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, TheFame Monster said:

The only people being violent are the Hillary supporters who don't know what "protesting" is. 

You act as if one side is a whole. As if EVERY person on that side is the same aggressive, violent person. There are also Trump supporters who are violent spreading hatred and have harassed minorities. There are also peaceful Trump supporters who are doing their best to spread love and acceptance with Hillary supporters.

Archived