Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

2016 music hasn't completely sucked

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

The majority of my favourite artists have released great albums this year. It helps me cope with the fact that so much **** music (Drake and The Cokesmokers know who they are) has been taking over the charts.

Beyoncé released Lemonade which is now my favourite album.

Lady Gaga released Joanne, which is now my second favourite album.

Ariana Grande released Dangerous Woman which is the best album she's ever put out (and that's saying something cuz Ariana consistently puts out great albums).

Rihanna released ANTI which is the best album of her career and one of my favourites.

Kanye West released TLOP, another album I love (not as much as MBDTF though).

Other than my top 5 favourite artists listed above, many other artists have released great albums. 2016 FEELS like a shitty year in music because of what's popular, but it's actually a pretty great one TBH.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
Just now, Skai Jackson said:

I love the aesthetic that The Weeknd is going for

I don't want to add him yet, but I love him and his music, and this era has been no different. 

Thomas P
1 minute ago, GagaIsDope said:

It's just a shame streaming has meant singles can top the charts for months. Even if they're shitty

It's actually so annoying. Streaming (though I love to do it) is ruining the chart system. 

GagaIsDope
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

It's actually so annoying. Streaming (though I love to do it) is ruining the chart system. 

There's not much point in even checking Billboard hot 100 every week when the whole top ten could've stayed the same :madge:

5 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Beyoncé released Lemonade which is now my favourite album.

Lady Gaga released Joanne, which is now my second favourite album.

Ariana Grande released Dangerous Woman which is the best album she's ever put out (and that's saying something cuz Ariana consistently puts out great albums).

Rihanna released ANTI which is the best album of her career and one of my favourites.

Can't agree more! LEMONADE is a masterpiece (and don't get me started on the tour), Joanne is one too, DW really surprised me, 'cause I'm not a big Ariana fan, but it was very cool, and ANTI made me like Rihanna, and God knows that wasn't easy.

Haroon

Carly Rae Jepsen released Emotion Side B :worship2: 

Britney Spears released Glory :worship2:

Fifth Harmony released 7/27 :worship2:

1 minute ago, GagaInArt said:

Pls listen to something else beside mainstream :sharon:

You laugh and yet didn't provide some examples :neyde:

Other than that, I'm only somewhat pleased with 2016.
Basically everyone released something, but only a very few records were actually great :neyde:

I think Lemonade, Joanne, Dangerous Woman and Starboy are the best things of 2016 so far.

KyliesChild

For “indie" (using it as an umbrella term for less popular artists I guess) artists it had been a good year, but I think nothing compared to 2015.

Archived