Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

ChavaWM
2 hours ago, Oriane23 said:

So you're annoyed just for one track ?

Can you show me where I said I was annoyed? Or where I even said anything negative about the album? I said I would've liked 14 new tracks. I like the way the BTW was, 14 new tracks on the standard and extra tracks on the deluxe. Maybe I should've been more clear.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

OP? You listened to it once? :omg: 

The reason you found AP so catchy the first time is because of Swinefest. We were spoiled. The reason you found BTW also catchy and needing to repeat it because we got Farmville songs, EC and MTN, and Government Hooker and Scheisse and You and I and Hair and Judas and TEOG. With Joanne, we didn't have that many songs besides the LQ leaks. 

Listen to it a second and third time, and try to actually listen to it, not hear it. You'll love it. 

It is slowly growing on me now.  I listened to it a bit more.  It reminds me of BTW, when I first bought it at 12 am that night with my best friend, we both listened to it in the parking lot and were like, hmm this is wierd but it go so much more addicting.

1 hour ago, ChavaWM said:

Can you show me where I said I was annoyed? Or where I even said anything negative about the album? I said I would've liked 14 new tracks. I like the way the BTW was, 14 new tracks on the standard and extra tracks on the deluxe. Maybe I should've been more clear.

I was surprised to find how short the track list was when I first saw it.

Glamourpuss

On my first few listens I thought it was underwhelming and I assumed I would be bored of it within a month. But every day I am loving it more and more. I disliked Hey Girl at first but now I really like it. Sinner's Prayer is still my fave along with Just Another Day. Diamond Heart is the one I listen to least because I just think it's a bit too loud and shouty. But the album is beautiful and I am grateful that Gaga made it. I do wish though that Angel Down had a bit more added to it like a proper bridge.

So, what do you consider "underwhelming"? I'm thinking you're more of a fan of production rather than vocals, seeing you find Joanne underwhelming. 

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

59 minutes ago, Probglum said:

So, what do you consider "underwhelming"? I'm thinking you're more of a fan of production rather than vocals, seeing you find Joanne underwhelming. 

I think her vocals are amazing on Joanne.  I am glad she finally made an album that showcases how amazing her voice is

20 hours ago, Versace19069 said:

I became an official fan after Perfect Illusion so i find Joanne incredible. Donatella is my true anthem though. :cool:

Love Donatella,  Thats my jam

20 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

I'm just throwing shade lol, I actually like Shawn Mendes, if you actually think Joanne is underwhelming then it's your opinion and thank god you're still allowed to have an opinion. I can see why you'd think Joanne is underwhelming but just let time do its thing and see if it grows on you, if it doesn't then too bad.

Tbh, the albums on repeat in my car are Nick Jonas, Bieber, Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth. I think they all sound sexy lol.

Oriane
21 hours ago, ChavaWM said:

But what's so special about 14 ? Why isn't 13 good enough ? I would understand your comment if we only had a standard edition of 11 tracks.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

sipthistea

It's a grower. The album itself takes time to digest, but it's a wonderful album overall. 

NIghtmareElm

No because I knew what I was expecting before listening.  If I thought it was gonna be straight up dance pop, I would of been a little underwhelmed.  I was expecting total country, so I was a bit worried.  Then after hearing the album I was really surprised.  Instead of being totally country it was more like pop with country undertones.  

boneknuckleskin

Absolutely underwhelming and a total flop. No desire to listen to it or to even see her live next year at this point. I admire Lady Gaga's immense talent, but she and I are growing apart. 

Archived