Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

ChavaWM

I would've liked 14 tracks, but the content didn't underwhelm me.

I think it's a growth from BTW, since BTW had lots of rock influences, it was natural to expand on that sound

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MadeInManu

I like this album, I mean it's a good album (not the best) but I was expecting for more. 

P.S.; I don't feel this era :/

Oriane

I expected something a little more complex but I like it the way it is, she's enjoying the music and doesn't try to make it a huge thing.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane
9 minutes ago, ChavaWM said:

I would've liked 14 tracks

Then go buy the deluxe edition

Can't help but laugh at anyone who thinks this album is underwhelming :toofunny: I used to be able to respect divided opinions on Gaga's music, but if you honestly think Joanne is subpar, there's something wrong with you. This album will be celebrated along side Born This Way in 20 years. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

1 hour ago, AJH219 said:

Can't help but laugh at anyone who thinks this album is underwhelming :toofunny: I used to be able to respect divided opinions on Gaga's music, but if you honestly think Joanne is subpar, there's something wrong with you. This album will be celebrated along side Born This Way in 20 years. 

No one said it was subpar.  It's decent, plus people are allowed to have different opinions.  Just because someone doesnt like it the way you do doesnt mean there is something wrong with them.  Your opinion is ignorant.  I may think an album is a gem, that you blatantly hate, but it doessnt make it any less worthy just because YOU dont like it.  

1 hour ago, Oriane23 said:

Then go buy the deluxe edition

the deluxe edition only has 2 bonus songs and a worktape of a song already on the album.  

2 hours ago, MadeInManu said:

I like this album, I mean it's a good album (not the best) but I was expecting for more. 

P.S.; I don't feel this era :/

Same

Oriane
4 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

the deluxe edition only has 2 bonus songs and a worktape of a song already on the album.  

It still makes 13 tracks

RochestrMonstr

My answer is absolutely no. I find Joanne to be incredibly beautiful, every song has at least one part of the melody that I'm obsessed with! I haven't loved an album this much in...ever....I'm pretty sure. 

Gaga's previous albums (which I love!) are prefect for getting pumped up to go out on a Saturday night, or maybe for working out at the gym. 

But Joanne is her first pop album I can RELAX to. She hasn't given us anything like that before, and for me it was a welcome change of pace. Four and a half original albums in a row of upbeat, dance music would have been too much, it was time for a switch-up.

I 100% could see how Joanne is not for everyone though, just like with any music. It can't be helped.  Luckily you can still listen to Gaga's old albums, as well as other people's music if you don't like Joanne. Maybe you'll love her next album!

JusKeepBreathin

Nope. Thanks for your opinion. Bye now.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

warhol killer

The album healed me and the sound of it is very different from what pop is at this moment. I think what makes it underwhelming is the era itself. It feels very different and raw unlike her other eras where she was everywhere. Like I remember I felt so hyped before listening to Born This Way or Applause for the first time.

But the album itself is great, I'm pretty sure this album will be remembered 10 years or so.

I lowkey dislike Grigio Girls tho idk why maybr because of the style of the song.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Stefani328

Nope. Joanne is actually better than I expected. I think it was time for Gaga to get a new sound. Joanne is a great album and I appreciate it more with each listen. Actually I'm listening to it right now. :D

Archived