Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

Reality
5 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

I'm not sure.  I guess more upbeat tracks.  This is the first Gaga album that has not played non stopin my car.  When I bought BTW and AP, I played those on repeat for weeks

I think that Joanne has a lot of upbeat tracks, like Diamond Heart, A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles, Perfect Illusion, etc.

Maybe you're thinking more 'pop' songs? Joanne's definitely a pop album, but you can tell that there are definitely other genre influences.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think that Joanne has a lot of upbeat tracks, like Diamond Heart, A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' Im Circles, Perfect Illusion, etc.

Maybe you're thinking more 'pop' songs? Joanne's definitely a pop album, but you can tell that there are definitely other genre influences.

I think the only songs I actually like are A-Yo, Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I think that Joanne has a lot of upbeat tracks, like Diamond Heart, A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' Im Circles, Perfect Illusion, etc.

I think the only songs I actually like are A-Yo, Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

59 minutes ago, Austin said:

I have it on repeat in my car :wub:

I love screaming to John Wayne. :laughga:

Lol. Shawn Mendes is on repeat in my car

Gov Hooka

Idk I wasn't underwhelmed because I got what I expected- an easy listening album that's relaxing to listen to, especially the second half of the album.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in Joanne. It's a really good album, and I like it.

However, I don't expect Gaga's albums to just be really good. Tons of artists release really good albums all the time. Gaga albums have always been next level, and magical, for lack of a better word. This is the first Gaga album where I feel like it's just a really good album. 

I don't know how to really articulate how I feel about it. Does this make any sense??

1 hour ago, Gagz said:

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in Joanne. It's a really good album, and I like it.

However, I don't expect Gaga's albums to just be really good. Tons of artists release really good albums all the time. Gaga albums have always been next level, and magical, for lack of a better word. This is the first Gaga album where I feel like it's just a really good album. 

I don't know how to really articulate how I feel about it. Does this make any sense??

It makes sense.  I guess as people say i like generic pop more lol.  I mean the most generic albums have been on repeat in my car

1 hour ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Better? You'd say "more of my taste" but not "better". The quality in this album is great and way above ARTPOP

True.  I guess my level of interest in Gaga has gone down since I have a new favorite artist now.

3 minutes ago, Gagz said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I think a lot of it is because it's not a fun party album with imagery like unicorns and Venus and monsters. It's a mature, contemplative album about lost love, death, and coping with sadness and loneliness. And for once, the musical style actually matches the dark imagery, so it's not like she's even covering up those themes with four-on-the-floor party beats.

Like, it's no surprise that some fans aren't rushing to put it on repeat in the car. I listen to it probably once a day but it's not something that gets me pumped up and singing along loudly. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I think a lot of it is because it's not a fun party album with imagery like unicorns and Venus and monsters. It's a mature, contemplative album about lost love, death, and coping with sadness and loneliness. And for once, the musical style actually matches the dark imagery, so it's not like she's even covering up those themes with four-on-the-floor party beats.

Like, it's no surprise that some fans aren't rushing to put it on repeat in the car. I listen to it probably once a day but it's not something that gets me pumped up and singing along loudly. 

Maybe. Something I loved about ARTPOP was that you could feel all of the rage behind behind the music. And in this album, the music is pretty straight forward. I don't know. :laughga:

Archived