💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

Stefani328
28 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

My answer is absolutely no. I find Joanne to be incredibly beautiful, every song has at least one part of the melody that I'm obsessed with! I haven't loved an album this much in...ever....I'm pretty sure. 

Gaga's previous albums (which I love!) are prefect for getting pumped up to go out on a Saturday night, or maybe for working out at the gym. 

But Joanne is her first pop album I can RELAX to. She hasn't given us anything like that before, and for me it was a welcome change of pace. Four and a half original albums in a row of upbeat, dance music would have been too much, it was time for a switch-up.

I 100% could see how Joanne is not for everyone though, just like with any music. It can't be helped.  Luckily you can still listen to Gaga's old albums, as well as other people's music if you don't like Joanne. Maybe you'll love her next album!

:wub: :golfclap:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
adamsenigma

Same. I love the album and I listen to it all day, but I was expecting more, this album is great but its missing something.. Aaaaand the songs are way too short, Jhon Wayne should at least be 4:20 min long, Grigio Girls 3:30, Joanne NEEDED that guitar solo before the last chorus, it made the song even more beautiful when she sang it on Zero News. 

juicyjuicy

Underwhelming? No. It's some of the best songwriting and production she's had. It's also probably the most consistent-sounding album in her discography as well.

Understandably so, the musical direction has fans divided, so perhaps it's just not your cup of tea.

I became an official fan after Perfect Illusion so i find Joanne incredible. Donatella is my true anthem though. :cool:

The Child
7 hours ago, petedagrk said:

Lol. Shawn Mendes is on repeat in my car

And you're saying Joanne is underwhelming? :wtf:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

42 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Same. I love the album and I listen to it all day, but I was expecting more, this album is great but its missing something.. Aaaaand the songs are way too short, Jhon Wayne should at least be 4:20 min long, Grigio Girls 3:30, Joanne NEEDED that guitar solo before the last chorus, it made the song even more beautiful when she sang it on Zero News. 

I only listened to it once

The Child
Just now, petedagrk said:

Preferences?

I'm just throwing shade lol, I actually like Shawn Mendes, if you actually think Joanne is underwhelming then it's your opinion and thank god you're still allowed to have an opinion. I can see why you'd think Joanne is underwhelming but just let time do its thing and see if it grows on you, if it doesn't then too bad.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

6 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I'm just throwing shade lol, I actually like Shawn Mendes, if you actually think Joanne is underwhelming then it's your opinion and thank god you're still allowed to have an opinion. I can see why you'd think Joanne is underwhelming but just let time do its thing and see if it grows on you, if it doesn't then too bad.

Some on here can be judgemental, artists sometimes dont make as good albums, at least to some, and are still liked. The last 4 Madonna albums sucked but it doesnt mean i dont like her.

Personally, no. I didn't find it underwhelming (aside from the first single, which I do really like now), but I see how some people could feel that way. For the most part she's been putting out electronic pop music and Joanne is a departure from that.

Lyrically, I think she's above her previous works. In the very least, she's still on the same level. A lot of it is more straightforward, but she's still using the metaphoric style (mostly the first half of Joanne).

Musically, I applaud (:derpga: ) her decision to stray away from more EDM-inspired pop music. One of my favorite tracks from ARTPOP is Dope, and I've always wondered what some of her songs (like Gypsy) would sound like with a more subdued production (not full-on acoustic/piano).

It ultimately comes down to personal preference, but I like that she put out an album that sounds different from a lot of the stuff you'll hear on the radio; which I just find mostly mediocre and uninspired. Also, I probably just connected to it more than other people, which is fine. Varying opinions is a good thing.

Kind of yes. I remember overplaying half of AP for like three months and then being addicted to some of the tracks for 3 years after. I overplayed BTW for a good six months but I find myself returning to it very rarely. And of course TFM I listen to this very day. Joanne is.. Interesting. Maybe it'll be a grower. Probably not.

The only songs Im listening to daily are Ayo, Joanne and DIC. I find John Wayne pretty boring now. :rip: Angel Down is amazing to but it really plays tricks on my mood so I avoid it if I can. Besides when I feel down Dope has me covered 100%.

it wasn't laaaahv

LetsGetHigh

For me, this is Gaga's best yet. She topped BTW. I admit I don't really 'stan' for her anymore as in geeking out to my family or going to rush buy her music or books and whatever, but Joanne definitely did intensify my... Fandom? N. Cringe word. 

LetsGetHigh

OP? You listened to it once? :omg: 

The reason you found AP so catchy the first time is because of Swinefest. We were spoiled. The reason you found BTW also catchy and needing to repeat it because we got Farmville songs, EC and MTN, and Government Hooker and Scheisse and You and I and Hair and Judas and TEOG. With Joanne, we didn't have that many songs besides the LQ leaks. 

Listen to it a second and third time, and try to actually listen to it, not hear it. You'll love it. 

2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

OP? You listened to it once? :omg: 

The reason you found AP so catchy the first time is because of Swinefest. We were spoiled. The reason you found BTW also catchy and needing to repeat it because we got Farmville songs, EC and MTN, and Government Hooker and Scheisse and You and I and Hair and Judas and TEOG. With Joanne, we didn't have that many songs besides the LQ leaks. 

Listen to it a second and third time, and try to actually listen to it, not hear it. You'll love it. 

I didnt follow her before BTW like i was not on this site back then or listening to leaks and whatnot. And ok i listened to it twice.

Archived