Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Worst Pop Album Covers

Rockets

Featured Posts

LORD GAGA
12 hours ago, CoCo1 said:

Kanye's cover is literally just concrete poetry lol, it's far from a random design just for the sake of it. As a minimal work it's well executed and plays into the album's themes and structure. 

How does Gaga's booklet by contrast possess creative flair when it's just a standard lyric booklet with family photos inserted? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but to suggest it has more creativity and contextual value than the TLOP cover is silly. 

I completely disagree, and its not 'concrete poetry' its a pretentious lacklustre mess. As for the booklet there's no comparison because they're not the same type of media, I'm suggesting is has more creativity thank TLOP... I'm suggesting that TLOP completely lacks genuine context and creative integrity. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga
5 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

I completely disagree, and its not 'concrete poetry' its a pretentious lacklustre mess. As for the booklet there's no comparison because they're not the same type of media, I'm suggesting is has more creativity thank TLOP... I'm suggesting that TLOP completely lacks genuine context and creative integrity. 

It's not up for debate whether it's concrete poetry or not lol, I don't think you know what it means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_poetry The TLOP cover takes the abstract form which is generally repeated letters, numbers, words, symbols and/or phrases that form an indiscernible image that is meant to be provocative. Approaching it with a false pretence doesn't make the work itself pretentious as it's simply meant to provoke in the most natural way, it doesn't assert anything upon the viewer. It would be like calling a Rorschach test pretentious.

The use of duality and the representation of the photos on the cover directly tie into the concept and structure of the album, which are all rooted in real life context. It's cool if you don't like it but your use of words is off base.

YeehawKylie

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

This. It is so terrible. The cheap graphics. The font. Her wardrobe? That godawful cowboy hat. Her emotionless face. The terrible photoshop shadow beneath the title.

Cascada-Back-on-the-Dancefloor-2012.png

This I give a little credit cause it's a compilation album, so it's not an aesthetic for an actual album...just a cheap way to make money. But that photoshop nub of a foot. Such a mess!

Anderson123
3 minutes ago, koonsisme said:

Cascada-Back-on-the-Dancefloor-2012.png

This I give a little credit cause it's a compilation album, so it's not an aesthetic for an actual album...just a cheap way to make money. But that photoshop nub of a foot. Such a mess!

Who the hell said "Yes" to that album cover? Did they really not see that foot?

raw

LORD GAGA
56 minutes ago, CoCo1 said:

It's not up for debate whether it's concrete poetry or not lol, I don't think you know what it means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_poetry The TLOP cover takes the abstract form which is generally repeated letters, numbers, words, symbols and/or phrases that form an indiscernible image that is meant to be provocative. Approaching it with a false pretence doesn't make the work itself pretentious as it's simply meant to provoke in the most natural way, it doesn't assert anything upon the viewer. It would be like calling a Rorschach test pretentious.

The use of duality and the representation of the photos on the cover directly tie into the concept and structure of the album, which are all rooted in real life context. It's cool if you don't like it but your use of words is off base.

The wording of your response is... almost like you decided to use a thesaurus  for every other word in the sentence, not that it's a bad thing but presenting your understanding/opinion of this or any other work for that matter as if it where factual and not refutable is nothing short of hilarious. I am not debating anything, I am stating my opinion on the work itself I personally have no interest wether you agree or disagree with me. You can think what you like of this work and you can also think what you like of it's context and artistic validity, it doesn't mean you're correct or wrong, and it's the exact same for myself or any other persons opinion on it. 

The only thing thats 'off base' here is your use of the term itself.

As for the concrete poetry part yes... I misentepreted what you where talking about that linked Wikipedia article explains it well... but doesn't detract from the pretentiousness of the cover.

end of discussion.

053Timo
5 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

Amazing? in what way...  

To me its a pretentious mess.

It's so wrong that's it's good!

LORD GAGA
2 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

It's so wrong that's it's good!

That's like saying the born this way motorcycle cover is so wrong it's good... 😬😬😬 it's absolutely, however sometimes the worst designs can also become the most iconic, for being so awful lol so who knows.

On 11/3/2016 at 9:14 PM, CrazyMonster said:

This one is fanmade. :air:

It's not fanmade, I own this album. :emma:

doppelganger

I love you Mimi but you are the queen of bad album/single covers: 

Mariahcarey_memoirsofanimperfectangel.pn

In case one pair of tits isn't enough

Mariah_Carey_-_The_Emancipation_of_Mimi.

She looks not human

Glitter_Mariah_Carey.png

220px-Mariahcareysingle_loverboy.jpg

underrated album but the album and single covers is simply tragic 

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, LeoElectric said:

THIS, and how dare the rest of you post BTW standard! :saladga:

I could understand why but yeah about Miley's..

Is she even trying? It looks like a late high school photoshop homework for art class

I’m getting on your nerves

LeoElectric
Just now, VenusAsABoy said:

I could understand why but yeah about Miley's..

Is she even trying? It looks like a late high school photoshop homework for art class

I've always thought that cover is so cringeworthy, and she looks a mess 

Archived