Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele opens up about her Depression & therapy

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

“Actually,” she says, “I think it’s the bravest thing not to have a child; all my friends and I felt pressurized into having kids, because that’s what adults do. I love my son more than anything, but on a daily basis, if I have a minute or two, I wish I could do whatever the **** I wanted, whenever I want. Every single day I feel like that.” I ask if she wants more children. She says she doesn’t think so. I say women often want to give their child a sibling, but since Simon has a daughter from a former marriage who is very much a part of their lives, Angelo already has a sister. “Exactly,” she says, “so that’s my get-out-of-jail-free card. I’m too scared. I had really bad postpartum depression after I had my son, and it frightened me.” Did she take antidepressants? “No, no, no, no. But also, I didn’t talk to anyone about it. I was very reluctant . . . . My boyfriend said I should talk to other women who were pregnant, and I said, ‘**** that, I ain’t hanging around with a ****in’ bunch of mothers.’ Then, without realizing it, I was gravitating towards pregnant women and other women with children, because I found they’re a bit more patient. You’ll be talking to someone, but you’re not really listening, because you’re so ****in’ tired.

“The music I’ve always been drawn to is sad. I’ve always been pretty melancholy. Obviously not as much in my real life as the songs are, but I have a very dark side. I’m very available to depression. I can slip in and out of it quite easily. It started when my granddad died, when I was about 10, and while I never had a suicidal thought, I have been in therapy, lots. But,” she emphasizes, “I haven’t had that feeling since I had my son and snapped out of my postpartum depression.”

adele-december-2016-04.jpg

Read full story: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2016/10/adele-cover-story

DeanWinchester

I hope Gaga can give her some insights on coping with depression

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

She looks stunning there. And it's good that she's so open about her depression. It's such an ugly thing and it needs to be talked about.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

display name

It's crazy how postpartum mood disorders are so common. It's great that she was able to deal with hers.

2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I hope Gaga can give her some insights on coping with depression

Gaga's probably not the best person to ask, she's on antidepressants but still drinks alcohol regularly. :laughga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

CherryBoom
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Gaga's probably not the best person to ask, she's on antidepressants but still drinks alcohol regularly. :laughga:

Yeah, she's even carrying her therapist with her:sweat:

Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door...

DeleteMyAccount

I just met with a therapist last week. I didn't really care for it. Honestly, I don't really know what's wrong with me, but I'm happy to see Adele and Gaga doing something about their inner demons. It's nice seeing that you're not alone. 

And Gaga takes antidepressants? 

display name
11 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

I just met with a therapist last week. I didn't really care for it. Honestly, I don't really know what's wrong with me, but I'm happy to see Adele and Gaga doing something about their inner demons. It's nice seeing that you're not alone. 

And Gaga takes antidepressants? 

Therapy's simply not for everybody. Anyway, she talked about her use of antidepressants here.

Archived