sales

Why did ARTPOP flop?

Lava

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Luc said:

Mismanagement is the biggest reason. The marketing, promo and PR were all terrible. 

I still remember the literally zero promo the week of its release. No TV, no nothing. I blame that to the separation from manager when everything that was planned was cancelled. It could have a bigger opening if all had gone as planned. Went down to history...everything happens for a reason I guess.

Because she came into the era still feeling the residual effects from her injury (both mentally and physically) . Also realising she was surrounded by certain team members who were purely business/revenue focused and weren't able to support her personally obviously left her feeling depressed and defeated which caused her to make half-hearted decisions.

NIghtmareElm

The album wasn't exactly a flop.  The era was just a mess.  Compared to the sales of Born This Way there was a HUGE difference.  However Born This Way was released when she was at the peak of her career.  It had a massive marketing campaign.  She did turn a lot of the GP off during that era though. 

She kind of followed the EDM trend too much.  Gaga's performances during that era weren't exactly up to Gaga standards.  I feel at times she was trying to hard and it came off as very forced.  Hardly anything about that era seemed natural.  Wrong singles choices.  Applause was good for the lead single.  Scrapping Venus was smart because that would of been a huge flop.  DWUW was the right choice but she needed someone other than R. Kelly and a must see video.  G.U.Y. didn't have that much promo.  Plus it really wasn't destined to be a hit.  I think it's her worst album but I still really enjoy listening to it.  Joanne should of been the follow up to Born This Way.  

Archived