Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Why did ARTPOP flop?

Lava

Featured Posts

notamember

1. The GP has bad taste

2. A lot of songs on the album are not mixed well, even though they are good songs. It kind of makes your ears hurt. 

3. Her manager leaving her left a dent in the rest of the era that caused a lack in promotion. I feel that Gaga didn't want to make any of the songs hits by promoting them or releasing more singles or videos, since that would have ultimately made Troy more money because of his involvement on ARTPOP. 

4. The concept is cool for people who are artsy, but for some people the name "ARTPOP" is like :huh: 

(Don't come for me, I love ARTPOP, this is just what I think about why others didn't like it so much.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

People saw it as pretentious, gimmicky and weird. honestly, it's by far her weakest album. Good thing she came back this month with one of her strongest! 

Thomas P

People were done with gaga. They had experienced the gaga phenomenon, and were over it. Fans left because they were mor in love with the love of gaga, than the actual person/music. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Because it simply wasn't good. It was a step down in literally every way, shape, and form from her past efforts. Though I wouldn't call it a "flop", the tour and album both sold well. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

14 minutes ago, Luc said:

- Weight gain scandal in 2012

- People thought Gaga's talent was at the level of Nicki

tumblr_o2rhw6LyFL1qcjij3o1_250.gif

the weight gain thing is utter bullshit and gaga is way more talented than nicki will be, no shade but nicki just isnt there with gaga

TwerkinLurkin

Art pop still sold a lot more then some people ever will like it sold a couple of million of copies I don't get how that's a flop also if you look at it art pop basically had one single cuz she canned dwuw and g.u.y flopped and didn't do ****

Perpective. That is why ARTPOP is deemed a Flop. You dont need a genius to know that.

After BTW, Gaga was crazy famous, crazy powerful and well... crazy everything. 21 and BTW sold millions and was a "green update year" for the industry.

Gaga was a star... huge worlwide star. To know why ARTPOP failed you have to forget about the beyonces and Katys from life. Gaga wasn't huge in America.... she was huge WORLDWIDE. The hype for ARTPOP was massive and she was, at the time, at the possible end game. It was impossible for her to keep selling 7+ million records all the time. Sooner or later the numbers would go down.

People call it a flop in the scope of Gaga. 3million units for ARTPOP wasn't even bad... it was great. But in perspective it was a flop cause Gaga was massive. She went supernova during the BTW era and she had to "explode". Things started to crack at the end of the BTW Era and when she went to ARTPOP things started to fall apart quickly.

Also... the whole concept for ARTPOP was a mess and the song s didn't really sold the whole experience that Gaga wanted. 

Bottom line: it wasn't a flop for the industry... it was a flop for Gaga career. Interscope would die for every single act to sell 3 million

3 hours ago, Drew Jeremy said:

tumblr_o2rhw6LyFL1qcjij3o1_250.gif

the weight gain thing is utter bullshit and gaga is way more talented than nicki will be, no shade but nicki just isnt there with gaga

I'm not saying I agree, but the 25lb gain was all over every tabloid for a week and even after Oscar (2x), SB and Grammy2Grammy there's still too many people who say: 'oh I didnt know she could sing'. 

She messed with the promo, Applause isn't a bad song but releasing that experimental song the same day as the mainstream-radio friendly Roar was not the best choice, second DWUW single, she should have released a video, lyrics even but not we got nothing, third many songs unlistened and wasted, Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy, ARTPOP and for the last,  putting someone to barf green things on you is by far THE WORST thing you can ever do and if you call that "art" damn, i really love ARTPOP and is my favorite album of all Gaga has released, but she messed up, she messed up a good album, i consider it  the best of 2013.

AlexanderLevi2
36 minutes ago, Luc said:

I'm not saying I agree, but the 25lb gain was all over every tabloid for a week and even after Oscar (2x), SB and Grammy2Grammy there's still too many people who say: 'oh I didnt know she could sing'. 

It's sad that that is a reason an album could potentially sell less.

If ARTPOP "flopped" because of that... I'm more upset about society than the album not doing as well as it could.

Currently listening to Joanne

Archived