💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

stop trying to make million reasons the next single

ashae

Featured Posts

SEXODUS

tumblr_ofpdifn2gF1sb6a15o1_250.gif

Hey gurl, can you hear me? We can make it easy if them both had videos and were sent to the radio. We don't need to keep on see you flopping one another. Lady, is it lonely? Everyday a headache, we just tryin' to keep it sane. Hey gurl, if you lose your way, just know that you can single 'em both. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Considering Interscope put the press release about A-YO a day after Gaga said on Stern she didn't want to do singles this era, it seems as though they are still controlling the singles this album cycle. GAGA tweeted about Venus becoming 2nd single because she wanted it to be; they chose Do What U Want. Gaga didn't tweet about A-YO yet or requesting it to radio. For all we know she wants Million Reasons as the single. Idk what they expected after Gaga flawlessly sang MR acoustic and it was already received well. A-YO was chopped up during commercial breaks and probably got on people's nerves to be honest. She should do what she wants to do. She should make a video ASAP as well. 

Why not take Florence + The Machines approach and make a film with both A-YO and MR?

Are you serious? She said A-YO was her favorite track + teased it before we even heard the album (listening party) and still talks about it A LOT. I'm sorry but she CLEARLY loves the song.

I get why people want MR to be a single, but A-YO is as much of a good choice imo. I'm sure if she performed the song in the carpool karaoke it would have climbed the charts too.

I'm here for a double single tho. I HATE when promo singles become singles, so it would spare us the pain of having a long cycle with already promo singles, and release both of them at once. And I'm here for a film with the two songs, or even two music video.

NIghtmareElm

DWUW didn't do so well because the video didn't get released.  I know how a lot of fans feel about the video but it was honestly a must see.  Even if it was really creepy and sleazy, people would of rushed to it just to see what the fuss is about.  Also another reason is Terry and Kelly.  Terry is a big pervert that has been accused of sexual assault.  R. Kelly's rape accusation were brought up again.  Of course there's the pee thing.  

Million Reasons is different.  There's really nothing negative about it.  Nothing creepy.  A great video directed by a pop director would do wonders.  

2 hours ago, Red said:

I was fearing another The Edge of Glory - Do What You Want-esque mess but I don't think the promo single curse applies anymore cause it seems to me that no single #2 was planned, MR is replacing nothing

Billboard confirmed "A-YO" as the second single! :D I wish it were "Million Reasons," but I'll settle. A couple days ago we were told no more singles, so I'm grateful that we're getting them.

1 hour ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Considering Interscope put the press release about A-YO a day after Gaga said on Stern she didn't want to do singles this era, it seems as though they are still controlling the singles this album cycle. GAGA tweeted about Venus becoming 2nd single because she wanted it to be; they chose Do What U Want. Gaga didn't tweet about A-YO yet or requesting it to radio. For all we know she wants Million Reasons as the single. Idk what they expected after Gaga flawlessly sang MR acoustic and it was already received well. A-YO was chopped up during commercial breaks and probably got on people's nerves to be honest. She should do what she wants to do. She should make a video ASAP as well. 

Why not take Florence + The Machines approach and make a film with both A-YO and MR?

While I'm sure she loves Million Reasons, she was hyping up A-YO before the track list was even released. She constantly talks about how much she loves it on Twitter/Instagram, and she's performed it at every Joanne-related promo even since the first Dive Bar Tour show. I think A-YO is definitely her pick for the next single. If it is switched to Million Reasons, I'm certain that it would be due to pressure from the label.

But she did say they were taking a different approach, so the dual release idea could have been the plan all along. I think she's 100% behind A-YO as the next single though.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 10/27/2016 at 8:10 PM, L E O said:

Are you serious? She said A-YO was her favorite track + teased it before we even heard the album (listening party) and still talks about it A LOT. I'm sorry but she CLEARLY loves the song.

I get why people want MR to be a single, but A-YO is as much of a good choice imo. I'm sure if she performed the song in the carpool karaoke it would have climbed the charts too.

I'm here for a double single tho. I HATE when promo singles become singles, so it would spare us the pain of having a long cycle with already promo singles, and release both of them at once. And I'm here for a film with the two songs, or even two music video.

Did I say Gaga didn't like A-YO? No. She loves it. But she also said that she doesn't want singles this era and wants to make films, etc. You're saying you hate when promo singles become singles but A-YO was a promo single. She should've just released Joanne as the promo single or not done another promo single at all. 

The fact that she did sing MR and NOT A-YO is what helped MR reach the success it has. It's the facts. As much as it's "music not the bling" Gaga deserves her hard work to be recognized and it's pretty clear given MR current chart position it would reach a peak higher than A-YO will. For all we know the next time Gaga performs A-YO is 3 weeks away and it might fall in that period of time. 

There's no reason she can't send both to radio at this point. Rihanna did it. Beyoncé has done it. Even Katy perry had both dark horse & roar simultaneously. 

She's also spoken openly about how she hates putting her music "into the system" and if she had a single that she loves so very much, she would be a little more hesitant to put it into that system that she hates so much 

1 minute ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Did I say Gaga didn't like A-YO? No. She loves it. But she also said that she doesn't want singles this era and wants to make films, etc. You're saying you hate when promo singles become singles but A-YO was a promo single. She should've just released Joanne as the promo single or not done another promo single at all. 

The fact that she did sing MR and NOT A-YO is what helped MR reach the success it has. It's the facts. As much as it's "music not the bling" Gaga deserves her hard work to be recognized and it's pretty clear given MR current chart position it would reach a peak higher than A-YO will. For all we know the next time Gaga performs A-YO is 3 weeks away and it might fall in that period of time. 

There's no reason she can't send both to radio at this point. Rihanna did it. Beyoncé has done it. Even Katy perry had both dark horse & roar simultaneously. 

I do. I would be happier with ANY song on the album that isn't A-YO or MR. But whatever you're saying, it's pretty clear that A-YO is Gaga's choice (If she only wanted chart success I'm sure MR would already be the single).

So as much as I don't like promo singles becoming singles, I'd rather have A-YO 'cause it's Gaga's choice than MR cause ungrateful monsters can't just sit and enjoy what Gaga is giving us without complaining about everything, really.

28 minutes ago, Slade said:

While I'm sure she loves Million Reasons, she was hyping up A-YO before the track list was even released. She constantly talks about how much she loves it on Twitter/Instagram, and she's performed it at every Joanne-related promo even since the first Dive Bar Tour show. I think A-YO is definitely her pick for the next single. If it is switched to Million Reasons, I'm certain that it would be due to pressure from the label.

But she did say they were taking a different approach, so the dual release idea could have been the plan all along. I think she's 100% behind A-YO as the next single though.

Thank you. :hug:

LaLuna

But...but... Million Reasons is her only chance at a #1 single this era!!! :giveup:

Spoiler

:ladyhaha:

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 10/27/2016 at 9:00 PM, L E O said:

I do. I would be happier with ANY song on the album that isn't A-YO or MR. But whatever you're saying, it's pretty clear that A-YO is Gaga's choice (If she only wanted chart success I'm sure MR would already be the single).

So as much as I don't like promo singles becoming singles, I'd rather have A-YO 'cause it's Gaga's choice than MR cause ungrateful monsters can't just sit and enjoy what Gaga is giving us without complaining about everything, really.

If a promo single becomes popular and liked among the GP then clearly Gaga would be even happier with that outcome. Not only does she love her song, but she's cognizant of the fact that the GP loves it as well. Your last line is rude. I'm not complaining. In fact I made a simple statement which is true: she was asked about singles in an interview and blatantly said she doesn't want to do single this era. Yet a day after, her record label announces a single and not her. 

If she calls the shot as she says she does she could've easily made that announcement herself on the interview. But she didn't. That's all I'm saying. 

I also don't see much complaining in my posts as I'm making points which are backed up by the words that came out of Gagas mouth. You must've missed my myriad of posts and comments regarding the big hit A-YO could be. If promoted properly with her commercial, a video, and the AMA performance it could be another hit for her. If anything you're the one saying you would rather any other song besides MR or A-YO and that's just silly considering it's the two most radio friendly songs on the album. The other possibilities have references to rape, getting high, masturbation. So yeah. Despite being promo singles, these two are her main potential hits from this album. 

I didn't even read the whole thread but:

I think it's unfair with Gaga to keep screaming that "SHE HAS TO RELEASE MILLION REASONS".

Back in the first interview about the album, where she dropped some names, she already spoiled that ""A-yo" was one of her favs.". Do u guys know how hard it is to get your Label to release the single? Now it seems like Interscope accepted A-Yo and will be promoting it. She's really releasing the song SHE WANTS. the song SHE LIKES. It's just incredible for her.

I'm not making "Million Reasons" smaller but, she hasn't said anything about "how important" the song is for her. Sound just like she did with Hair back on Born this way and she just said "I never planned Hair to be a single, not even a promo single...".

Back no ARTPOP she had to leave Venus behind (and we can see that she love the song) to release DWUW. And now on the next tour there's a chance of we getting only Applause from ARTPOP because DWUW turned into a dark mess. 

2 hours ago, L E O said:

She said A-YO was her favorite track + teased it before we even heard the album (listening party)

The only reason I'm buying that A-YO is Gaga's choice is because she praised it before Interscope made it a single.  After that, of course she is going to praise it and promote it.  Any artist will get 100% behind the single their label picks, even it the artist didn't pick it.  I'm happy she really got the single she wanted. 

Personally, I think MR has more potential.  While not a country song, it would do well with country fans.  To capture both pop and country markets is huge.  I worry that Interscope will let MR go the way of Gypsy, and it will be another opportunity lost.  I worry that by the time they get around to MR, it will be old news and will have lost public enthusiasm.  I worry too much.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
3 hours ago, Leeo said:

I didn't even read the whole thread but:

I think it's unfair with Gaga to keep screaming that "SHE HAS TO RELEASE MILLION REASONS".

Back in the first interview about the album, where she dropped some names, she already spoiled that ""A-yo" was one of her favs.". Do u guys know how hard it is to get your Label to release the single? Now it seems like Interscope accepted A-Yo and will be promoting it. She's really releasing the song SHE WANTS. the song SHE LIKES. It's just incredible for her.

I'm not making "Million Reasons" smaller but, she hasn't said anything about "how important" the song is for her. Sound just like she did with Hair back on Born this way and she just said "I never planned Hair to be a single, not even a promo single...".

Back no ARTPOP she had to leave Venus behind (and we can see that she love the song) to release DWUW. And now on the next tour there's a chance of we getting only Applause from ARTPOP because DWUW turned into a dark mess. 

I guess you missed tonights Dive bar performance or the Howard Stern interview when she said she broke down after SNL when she sang it. And then proceeded to perform it on Stern and also cried and talked about the importance of the song as well.

Archived