throwback

7 years of bad romance!

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster

7 years ago today, on October 26, 2009 Lady Gaga released arguabley her biggest song to date, Bad Romance. 

cover.jpg

The biggest risk of her career at the time paid off, certified Diamond by the RIAA, Bad Romance is 11x platinum and has sold over 12 Million copies worldwide.  It became the first music video on YouTube to reach 100 M views   

With the lyrics, Gaga sings about being in love with her best friend and becoming more than friends. She stated, "What I'm really trying to say is I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much. "

tumblr_mzrktn443M1tqam7mo1_400.gif

Bad Romance re-presents the Fear of Love Monster, one of the eight fears on The Fame Monster. 

giphy.gif

Bad Romance was nominated for 10 awards at the 2010 MTV VMAs, where it won 7 of the awards, including the biggest honor of the night, Video of the Year. 

The video was directed by Francis Lawrence, known today for The Hunger Games. The video takes place in a white bathhouse where Gaga is captured by a group of models who drug her and sell her to the Russian Mafia. It features fashion from Alexander McQueen and the HausofGaga.

Bad_Romance_by_AgentSometime.gif

In 2011, Bad Romance won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Short Form Music Video at the Grammys. Billboard named Bad Romance the biggest #2 peaking song in 2015. 

Bad Romance continued to be a staple and defining moment in pop culture history. 

:firega:Happy Birthday Bad Romance:firega:

tumblr_m6un21Guar1qctjtoo1_500.gif

display name

Is this an achievement? No matter what (unless the world would have ended), the song would've turned seven...

Anyway, YAASSS! :firega: 

donutellha

iconic

bad_romance_lady_gaga_gif_by_ayaseyukiya

tumblr_mgp4lkNHhV1re4dneo1_500.gif

tumblr_nedmwtzsYz1sbgz7to1_500.gif

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

TheFame Monster
1 minute ago, Garr said:

Is this an achievement? No matter what (unless the world would have ended), the song would've turned seven...

Is event better?

Morphine Prince

The song and video that solidified her as a Poo music icon and the single that made me a stan forvever. 

2009 VMA turned me into a real fan, BR into a stan. 

display name
Just now, TheFame Monster said:

Is event better?

Yas. The event that is the seventh birthday of the gospel that has marked Gaga forever as an icon in the world of pop music. :firega: 

Cut That Hoe
4 minutes ago, Garr said:

Yas. The event that is the seventh birthday of the gospel that has marked Gaga forever as an icon in the world of pop music. :firega: 

4 minutes ago, Aura Veil said:

I grew up with this song. Where has the time gone?

tumblr_inline_oasqrf9W2k1rwjw2g_500.gif

5 minutes ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

:applause:

5 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

I'm so ****ing old :air:

Yay for BR!!!

5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

The song and video that solidified her as a Poo music icon and the single that made me a stan forvever. 

2009 VMA turned me into a real fan, BR into a stan. 

6 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

Is event better?

6 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

:golfclap:

7 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

the "Thriller" of our generation :firega:

7 minutes ago, Versace said:

and now her Sister in Slay Joanne follows 

8 minutes ago, donutellha said:

iconic

bad_romance_lady_gaga_gif_by_ayaseyukiya

tumblr_mgp4lkNHhV1re4dneo1_500.gif

tumblr_nedmwtzsYz1sbgz7to1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, Garr said:

9 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

7 years ago today, on October 26, 2009 Lady Gaga released arguabley her biggest song to date, Bad Romance. 

cover.jpg

The biggest risk of her career at the time paid off, certified Diamond by the RIAA, Bad Romance is 11x platinum and has sold over 12 Million copies worldwide.  It became the first music video on YouTube to reach 100 M views   

With the lyrics, Gaga sings about being in love with her best friend and becoming more than friends. She stated, "What I'm really trying to say is I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much. "

tumblr_mzrktn443M1tqam7mo1_400.gif

Bad Romance re-presents the Fear of Love Monster, one of the eight fears on The Fame Monster. 

giphy.gif

Bad Romance was nominated for 10 awards at the 2010 MTV VMAs, where it won 7 of the awards, including the biggest honor of the night, Video of the Year. 

The video was directed by Francis Lawrence, known today for The Hunger Games. The video takes place in a white bathhouse where Gaga is captured by a group of models who drug her and sell her to the Russian Mafia. It features fashion from Alexander McQueen and the HausofGaga.

Bad_Romance_by_AgentSometime.gif

In 2011, Bad Romance won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Short Form Music Video at the Grammys. Billboard named Bad Romance the biggest #2 peaking song in 2015. 

Bad Romance continued to be a staple and defining moment in pop culture history. 

:firega:Happy Birthday Bad Romance:firega:

tumblr_m6un21Guar1qctjtoo1_500.gif

Can you please post this review

http://www.strosechronicle.com/fresh/lady-gagas-joanne-album-review/

Archived