đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

The Needle Drop: Joanne review (6/10)

Stef

Featured Posts

venusfly

:woohoo: I'm glad it got a half decent mark. I'd rate it 6 or 7 too, the first half of the album scalps me and the second could be better. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number '6' is gonna haunt us for years to come, isn't it :madge: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

crisTEAne
4 minutes ago, ilikedamaged said:

We'll see who's laughing when Gaga takes home all the Grammys.

exactly. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, Stef said:

The number '6' is gonna haunt us for years to come, isn't it  

Spectrum Pulse: 6

Theneedledrop: 6

they are going to complete 666 and renew Gaga's illuminati contract. 

Chelseaaaaaa

Eh. He doesn't mind Gaga, but isn't a huge fan. I was not expecting him to give it a high grade. I give him credit for being less biased than other reviewers of his stature.

monsterdino
11 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

He said he wouldnt drag it :bye:

He didn't drag it at all

monsterdino
6 minutes ago, LG said:

:woohoo: I'm glad it got a half decent mark. I'd rate it 6 or 7 too, the first half of the album scalps me and the second could be better. 

With him is the opposite thoo :awkney:

venusfly
Just now, monsterdino said:

With him is the opposite thoo :awkney:

I was only relating my score of the album to his rather than opinions on the songs, sorry for the confusing wording :emma:

Shadowcrest

Are we calling the Dancin in Circles lyrics "symbolism"? It's about as up front as you get without going into Cupcakke territory. 

monsterdino

Guys before commenting and being mean, the review is actually really GOOD! He gave it 6 because he was expecting for Gaga to go deeper and was expecting more rock songs and not pop songs like (Diamond Heart, John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles)

Dorothy Gale
3 minutes ago, Shadowcrest said:

Are we calling the Dancin in Circles lyrics "symbolism"? It's about as up front as you get without going into Cupcakke territory. 

Right? I don't understand how he can criticize that song for being too obvious, when it's meant to be pretty obvious, I mean she talks about touching herself throughout the whole song. 

Swan Heart

It was a really nice review even though I love the album a lot more then he did. He was respectful at least.

He rised a good point on her jumping from one genre to another and "wearing them as a costume" rather the fully embodying them. I do read this a different way though, I think it gives the album a very rich and warm feeling while still sticking into the pop sphere. To each their own.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

xoxo cupcakke
5 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Guys before commenting and being mean, the review is actually really GOOD! He gave it 6 because he was expecting for Gaga to go deeper and was expecting more rock songs and not pop songs like (Diamond Heart, John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles)

I know, but why does he seem to think that pop music is so lowbrow, which it will never be. That's what has me reeling because he finds pop music so low tier compared to others; pop music can be just as good as any alternative, non-mainstream artist or group. There is a craft to any and all genres of music, so why hate on Joanne because of its pop nature is my question? :madge::madge::madge::madge::madge:

I see his points, but Joanne really is an album worth a 7/10, not continual 6/10s we have been seeing

A good and fair review. I love most of Joanne, but I agree with what he said. Gaga just didn't fully embraced the direction she was aiming for. John Wayne is a great example - it has the guitars and the vocals, but not the soul and freedom of a Rock song. A lot of her EDM tracks are far more Rock in nature than JW, without even trying. And this is coming from someone who ALWAYS believed Gaga is a rock chick at heart. She just didn't go all the way through, but that's ok. It's certainly not an easy task for a pop star like her. I have high hopes for her and the next record.

For those of you who are unfimiliar with him, 6/10 for a Pop album is great coming from TND. I really appreciate Anthony's open mind to music.

Archived