💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Opinion About Each Album

Radio Ga Ga

Featured Posts

SummerGirl21
4 hours ago, CoCo1 said:

The Fame Monster - Alejandro is kind of boring and a complete rip off of "Don't Turn Around" by Ace of Base, probably the weakest song on the record. Teeth is one of her best songs and one of the few times her music has truly lived up to her image. Bad Romance - song and video - is still more worthwhile than pretty much everything that's come after it.

Born This Way - A real mess of an album and honestly I would probably never listen to it again as a whole if it weren't for nostalgia and personal attachment. Almost every song is completely derivative of superior 80s artists and most of the lyrics are cringeworthy. No cohesion. The songs that still have great songwriting in their own right are held back by the overblown noise that is the production and her ridiculously pitch-corrected vocals which have all the depth taken out of them. It took me a few years but I finally understand why many critics and music listeners hated this album when it came out, but I still love a few of the songs. 

ARTPOP - The album is actually more consistent and unique than Born This Way, despite having 3 really bad songs.

TEA SPILLED EVERYWHERE.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my unpopular opinions: 

The Fame - The title track and Paper Gangsta are underrated. And Lovegame is just as iconic as JD and PF. 

The Fame Monster - I hate Alejandro. The MV was the only thing I liked about that song.

Born This Way - The album cover, although ugly, is perfect. It kinda represents the whole vibe of the album. An imperfect merge of a fierce and fearless gaga screaming her freedom in your face with her rock n' roll metal hot rods 

ARTPOP - although ARTPOP have bad and uninspired songs on it, I feel like it's somehow cohesive because I think of it as an art show. Begins with the curtains (Aura) and ends with an Applause. 

Joanne - Angel Down is boring and Hey Girl was disappointing (idk but Florence sounds weird) Other than those two, it is just as good as TFM. 

The Fame: Apart from Pokerface It took me a while to appreciate the album. Living in Europe at the time, it didn't strike me as something fresh. But I still like it a lot.

The Fame Monster: Best videos and looks but songs like Telephone & Teeth aren't her best. 

Born This Way: My favourite album. Sloppy execution with the album artwork and some tracks such as The Queen and Americano I could do without.

ARTPOP: Donatela & Jewels & Drugs weakest. Era was a mess. Was hoping for Aura, Venus and DWYW as singles with glorious videos. Instead we got the messy G.U.Y. video. 

Joanne: Great album, classic sounds but not pushing the envelope in any way. Needs some stunning visuals.

The Fame - Retro Dance Freak and Disco Heaven should have been on standard edition instead of Boys Boys Boys and Eh Eh; art direction was REALLY tacky and shallow

TFM - the gimmicks worked but they were still gimmicks and the music could have been much more refined lyrically and sonically, in general

BTW - album cover is cringeworthy, the videos were really extra except for TEOG, era was a mess in general don't come for me

AP - continued where the previous mess left off, turned even more ugly and the music was not even good enough to catch up with it; everything looked and sounded 2nd class; 1/2 of the album is just bad

C2C - her best album and performance period, absolutely love everything she did this era

Joanne - looks like it's going to be another disorganised era of hers; tacky single choices and visuals in general are dissatisfying; it's still radio-friendly pop trying to get masked as "real music" and the entire vibe Gaga is trying to construct around it is just not coming across as either genuine or heartfelt; mess

IDK if any of this is unpopular as much as it is just a RANT but here goes.

The Fame: I like to pretend this album doesn't exist. She could've just kept the singles and made this a mixtape. However, if we look at the era and not the record, this was probably the best era she delivered. I hate to say it, but as much as she was controlled, her string-pullers knew how to get her to the top and keep her there. They knew that then a lot better than she knows that now. Hopefully Joanne will change my mind about that. She's yet to out-do that era because she got too head strong thinking she was bigger and better than the team that got her to where she is today. Her vocals were light and airy and her music was more accessible. She still had her art and all of that combined made her to be a well-received act. This era had the fewest amount of missteps.

The Fame Monster: Fans have a hard time dissecting the album from the success of the album. Her lyrics went from topical and tongue-in-cheek on The Fame to utter nonsense on The Fame Monster. It sounded like she wrote whatever sounded the coolest and avant-garde then ass-tracked herself back into an explanation that still didn't make sense. I've seen some fans on this board call Dancin' in Circles an Ace of Base/Gwen Stafani rip-off as if Alejandro and Paparrazzi didn't do that first. Speaking of which, Alejandro was the beginning of the end, not Born This Way. The video was her undoing. She and her fans began to believe her own hype despite no #1 singles and having to share the spot light with Tik Tok and Single Ladies (which was still a force in 2010). The success of Bad Romance had nothing to do with the song and everything to do with the video and Bad Romance sounds horribly dated. Too many synths. This was the era where she became a spectacle to see rather than a singer to be heard. Everything this era was about CrazyGa to overshadow otherwise tame music.

Born This Way: Annnd the hype train continues. This is the era that gave birth to her/the label's poor single choices. Born This Way shouldn't have even been on the album, let alone a single. A better song about inclusiveness could've been recorded given the producers she worked with on this record and at this point in her career, any song would've taken off. She was in hot demand. Plus, she did an interview during TF/M saying she wouldn't use the LGBT community to seem trendy which is exactly what happened during this era. She started to ditch members of her old team and her empire began to crumble. This album needed to be like 5-7 songs shorter too. It's way too long. It became apparent to me during this era that she had no sense of the word "edit". The gems are there, just buried in filler like The Fame, however the highs on Born This Way > the highs on The Fame Monster. Also, that Simpsons episode she was on was probably one of the worst Simpsons episodes ever.

ARTPOP: A lot of fans here bashed this album as if she didn't deliver what they asked for. The problem with Born This Way, if you read this forum, was that she was too "preachy" and ARTPOP was supposed to be carefree dance-pop and that's pretty much what we got. The single choices were solid, they just didn't fall through because of management/team issues which started during Born This Way. She utterly failed to make the connection between ART and POP for me. We won't even discuss the flop app and resetting countdown. Overall, it's a solid album. I think the VMA incident with the Applause performance and Miley getting all the press probably took the steam out of her. She was going through other things to prevent the full realization of it which sucks because this was her chance to differentiate herself from the likes of The Weeknd, Adele, Katy Perry, Drake, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Rihanna and Taylor Swift. Instead, she just fell into irrelevancy while they catapulted. This album was also supposed to be a return to fame after the tragic end of Born This Way. Instead this era ended with an even bigger flop than Marry The Night. Shame. The highs here are great, just fewer in number than the previous albums.

Cheek 2 Cheek: I think the fans would've appreciated this more had it been original jazz songs she wrote than jazz standards and if it was solo instead of a duet with Tony Bennett. To be honest, Frank Sinatra, Jr. would've been a better choice. I bought and listened to it a couple of times. I would've preferred soul/quiet storm jazz (think Anita Baker and Sade) over big band jazz. It would've showcased her vocals better. That was beyond Tony's capability though so they did what worked. I think this album was necessary to cleanse the world's palette of her and essentially press reset. I can't be mad at that. Smart move. Probably the cleanest executed era since The Fame. Her fashion was on point. She evolved from a weirdo to a diva and I was here for it.

Joanne: This one is hard because we've only just started and a complete assessment can't really be made until we are in LG6. She's carrying the revamped image from C2C into this era and that's smart, regardless of what anyone on this board says. Her clothes don't have to scream GAGA every single place she goes and at this point, it would be cringeworthy. I'd prefer she make a return of High FashionGa over CrazyGa, which she delivered a little with her camel toe performance of MR on SNL. Super Bowl is probably not going to help anything. LOL. It's a milestone event, not a plug for your latest single. I'm am LIVING for the fact that this is her least electronic album. There are still electronic instruments used in just about every song. Bops =/= good song. I want her to make good music whether or not they are bops. Fans that can't discern between the two have poor taste in music and are short-sighted. I need her to evolve as a lyricist. She's somewhat still on her TFM non-sense. Maybe it's her delivery. I don't know if I buy the whole limited promo shtick they are pandering this time around. It seems like they are taking the Beyonce route of casually dropping songs so when they go no where, they can look back and say it was because of no promo (like Perfect Illusion and Beyonce's last two albums did well, but she is practically non-existent on radio, unlike Adele who slays on both fronts). I really wish she would get her old team back (or at least a team of professionals and not her NYC friends) and listen to her label. I'm not trying to get her to go back to her old sound, because I adore Joanne, but she needs professional and corporate direction. There are plenty of routes if she truly wanted to go "indie". She still wants her music heard and played by the world so I'm not believing anything to the contrary. Regardless of whether Million Reasons or A-YO is the second single, I just know she will sabotage herself again with the video so both will flop.

C3C: No one wants this. LOL. Either make it original jazz music or cancel it altogether.

Borislshere

I don't really have any un popular opinions on the albums but, Florence nearly ruins Hey Girl for me. Her voice sounds like a goat imo

TF: It's composed by most of her worst songs in her whole career. It's shameful. 

TFM: Overrated. Dance In The Dark doesn't deserve ****. Telephone shouldn't exist. 

BTW: Bad Kids, BJAF, BTW, Judas, Fashion of His Love they are all bullshit. Americano is an experiment. The Queen, Electric Chapel, and You & I are the greatest. One of her two worst albums if we talk about quality. 

ARTPOP: Not her worst album. J&D, Donatella, MANiCURE and Gypsy should have been scrapped. 

C2C: The greatest way to showcase her vocals. 

Joanne: I love it but it it still has Diamond Heart which is basic like every Pop Rock song. A-YO :giggle:I better not talk about this. DIC is following a trend, it doesn't matter the way she does it. Angel Down and Joanne are the anly tracks to save. Hey Girl almost sounds lile one of those hot R&B songs. The visuals are the worst. Boring as hell. This is what no other big name should do. 

The night sky tells all

• 4 weeks later...

TFM- Most of the instrumental on it is pretty basic :rip: 

BTW- It ahs a lot of unnecessary  songs on there.

ARTPOP- Venus doesn't sound single worthy

JOANNNE- I hate the album cover and it looks like a fanmade cover that would be rumored to be real. 

Chiunzhan

The Fame: OVERRATED :saladga:

The Fame Monster: Dance in the dark is not that Great. Teeth is way better.

Born This Way: Not a single bad song. Highway Unicorn is one of my all-time favorites :firega:

ARTPOP: MJH is loud and annoying, Jewels & Drugs is good, Dope too.

Joanne: Dancing in Circles is NOT SINGLE-WORTHY :madge:

NIghtmareElm

Fame: The album could of been cut down a little.  I Like It Rough, Starstruck, Money Honey, and Disco Heaven sound like leftovers.  

The Fame Monster: My favorite performances to date.  Best artwork.  Best videos.  Every song except Teeth could of been a single.  Perfect length.  She hasn't came close to making an album this good.  

Born This Way: Too long.  Cover art was ugly.  Bad Kids, Fashion Of His Love, and Black Jesus are some of her worst songs imo.  Electric Chapel is really bland.  Her videos were pretty weak except You and I.  Born This Way video was too long and kind of cringe.  Most of the songs are great though and I love the production on them.  Edge of Glory is one of her strongest songs to date.  Highway Unicorn is seriously underrated.  Schiebe needed to be a single.  Would of been the next Bad Romance if she played her cards right.

ARTPOP: Some of the songs had boring production.  Still a really great and fun album.  Aura needed a video.  DWUW still frustrates me because it could of been a smash if the video were to be released.  Some of her weakest performances though.  At times it felt like she was trying too hard to be Fame Gaga.  Sexxx Dreams was screaming to be a single.  

Never listened to C2C.

Joanne: Worst promo of any era.  Her best album since The Fame Monster.  Glad it's a really big success.  Frustrates me that she is kind of lazy during this era.  Perfect Illusion could of charted higher if she performed it at the VMA's and had a better music video.  DIC has to be a single.  Her performances are the fantastic so far though.  

Bradley

The Fame - Retro, Dance, Freak is one of the greatest on the album. (Didymus would be proud)

The Fame Monster - It deserves every accolade it has, I have no unpopular opinion about it.

Born This Way - Fashion of His Love is a filler.

ARTPOP - One of the greatest pop albums ever made.

Joanne - Perfect Illusion is one of the best tracks on the album, it's actually extremely depressing if you feel closely to the lyrics.

Heidi Montag

The Fame - aged badly, basic

The Fame Monster - not as flawless as people make it out to be, don't like the name (should've just been called Monster in my opinion)

Born This Way - full of filler songs, too long and low key overrated, standard cover is a tragic mess :gum:

ARTPOP - her best album by far :koons: zero fillers, every song has its place.

C2C - cute but not to be taken seriously

Joanne - boring, second half is not worth listening to, gets old after the second/third listen

Buy SUPERFICIAL on iTunes

ApplauseftAdele

The Fame - My least fave :/ IDK, maybe its just because its Old gaga and i'm not a fan of throwbacks but whenever I listen to it Gaga sounds too young to me and I appreciate her deeper mature voice even more.

The Fame Monster - So Happy I could Die is meh... I hate the chorus and eh eh part but the verses are amazing.

Born This Way - the lead single kinda sucked. Marry the Night would have been better but BTW as a lead single did increase LGBT awareness and it did well on the charts so thats good. Also I dont think Sheibe is single worthy.

ARTPOP - Fashion is amazing, ARTPOP (song) is ok, and Mary Jane Holland is a huge glitter mess like Born this Way,

Joanne - John Wayne sucks, havent even listened to come to mama/Hey girl/Sinners prayer fully yet :toofunny: Diamond heart i just skip to the second chorus bc her voice in the verses annoy me. Perfect Illusion i dont like her voice but the instrumental is AMAZING. 

ApplauseftAdele
12 minutes ago, Heidi Montag said:

The Fame - aged badly, basic

The Fame Monster - not as flawless as people make it out to be, don't like the name (should've just been called Monster in my opinion)

Born This Way - full of filler songs, too long and low key overrated, standard cover is a tragic mess :gum:

ARTPOP - her best album by far :koons: zero fillers, every song has it's place.

C2C - cute but not to be taken seriously

Joanne - boring, second half is not worth listening to, gets old after the second/third listen

Completely agree with Joanne and Born This Way :derpga: Almost agree with ARTPOP but IDK if im ready to call it her best album

Archived