Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why is Interscope tryna make A-YO happen! Its not going to happen!

LilVenusian

Featured Posts

LilVenusian
8 minutes ago, jajagaga1896 said:

I didn't understand but after listening to the album in its entirety I think I do.

Interscope/ The Industry is such that they really do play it as safe as humanly possible from their perspective, which might not always be right. 

To fans it would seem that other songs are way more impactful and better to listen to, even more radio-friendly. Personally, I feel like Dancin' In Circles, Diamond Heart, and even John Wayne are way better songs that represent the album better. I could see them catching on radio and having moderate success or hitting a sweet spot and blasting to number one. 

But I think that A-Yo, in its essence, is the most radio-friendly, general public friendly, digestible, simple, easy-to-process, fun song on the album. It is basically about cutting it loose. 

Yeah, Dancin' In Circles, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, Come To Mama, and more are better in all ways, but they are more complex, dealing with deeper issues, more subversive, and reach a smaller demographic than something like A-Yo which can be a bop for the masses... relatively.

Perfect Illusion, the same, really... if not a bit more thoughtful of a song. 

So that is why. It comes down to not only radio-friendly, but to as easy-to-process and wide-reaching lyrical content as you can get. It really doesn't take how good a song is into account. 

Your tryna put in nice way but yes its clearly the most basic/blandest songs on the album :ladyhaha: Its still so frustrating tho :grr: I swear, if she never released Bad Romance and just wrote it now in 2016 Interscope would probably be too scared to even release it as a single :madge:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilVenusian
10 minutes ago, Skrill said:

Dancing in circles ****ING SUCKS ... DEAL WITH IT... A-yo is way better - stop being so delusional

3 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Ayo, Diamond Heart, Sinners Prayer, are the only viable singles. Dancing in Circles is the worst song she has ever had on an album. She is trying to recreate Alejandro fame monster Ace of Base days but it sounds cheap compared to the songs it is derivative of, and the worst lyrics she has ever had, cringe awful. She doesn't sound sexy at all but she is taking herself so seriously, it just does not work. This song obviously got tacked onto the album in an attempt to please Monsters but it was a totally waste of Becks talent and the biggest missstep on the record.

tumblr_nv8w85vq4d1ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif 

Dramatica
2 minutes ago, LilVenusian said:

Your tryna put in nice way but yes its clearly the most basic/blandest songs on the album :ladyhaha: Its still so frustrating tho :grr: I swear, if she never released Bad Romance and just wrote it now in 2016 Interscope would probably be too scared to even release it as a single :madge:

You know, you're showcasing your own point of view in a very bad way. You're convincing no one by saying "it's clearly the most basic song on the album", you're just echoing your own thoughts in a desperate post, further.

There are nicer ways of expressing yourself and obliging the readers to respect it. Just be greateful for whatever is given to you, because at the end of the day. No one's opinion matters when it comes to deciding what song to release.

And just something to add to your knowledge, A-YO for me (and for some other people I'm sure) is the only song that we fully enjoy and could listen on a repeated loop, so be respectful of others' opinions, and don't be selfish.

:hug:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

jajagaga1896
1 minute ago, LilVenusian said:

Loll! Well I don't particularly hate it, but yeah, Gaga wrote much better and this is what gets put out...

You're right about Bad Romance... It really is too bad Interscope is afraid to take the slightest risk and release an actual good song from the album, and see what happens. I think it would work in her favor. Gaga is working to show she is not a basic pop artist, and her management should be on board with this and working toward branding her appropriately - not releasing the safest song she's made because it might have the best chance of selling.

People like a little something different from Gaga. Dancin' In Circles, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, or Come To Mama [my current favorites, perhaps some others] would have been interesting to the ear and shown Gaga has created something interesting. I would bet it would grow on the GP and they'd get it.

Instead, they bet on A-Yo, that is broad enough to possibly be a smash, but considering it's bland and not that great a song - probably won't. 

I really completely understand why Gaga has no interest in trying to keep up with the industry or be the next Madonna... it is soul-draining. 

Poope MOnster
50 minutes ago, ScotHML said:

Next uptown funk? Sorry you're being delusional 

you are the one that delusion if u think uptown funk is that high and mighty :madge:

i always remember people think the song sound stupid

then its go straight to that number 1#

LilVenusian
2 minutes ago, Gaga of Time said:

You know, you're showcasing your own point of view in a very bad way. You're convincing no one by saying "it's clearly the most basic song on the album", you're just echoing your own thoughts in a desperate post, further.

There are nicer ways of expressing yourself and obliging the readers to respect it. Just be greateful for whatever is given to you, because at the end of the day. No one's opinion matters when it comes to deciding what song to release.

And just something to add to your knowledge, A-YO for me (and for some other people I'm sure) is the only song that we fully enjoy and could listen on a repeated loop, so be respectful of others' opinions, and don't be selfish.

:hug:

This is clearly not a topic to be taken seriously. Lighten up sis! I know I got you feelin some type of way cos u stan the most basic and bland song on the album. Its ok. Embrace it. Keep smokin em all to that Megan Trainor b-side. I'll just tap those boots around and funk downtown to a forwarding thinking pop song co-written by musical legend Beck instead :sis:

6gsrWF2.gif 

LilVenusian
32 minutes ago, jajagaga1896 said:

Loll! Well I don't particularly hate it, but yeah, Gaga wrote much better and this is what gets put out...

You're right about Bad Romance... It really is too bad Interscope is afraid to take the slightest risk and release an actual good song from the album, and see what happens. I think it would work in her favor. Gaga is working to show she is not a basic pop artist, and her management should be on board with this and working toward branding her appropriately - not releasing the safest song she's made because it might have the best chance of selling.

People like a little something different from Gaga. Dancin' In Circles, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, or Come To Mama [my current favorites, perhaps some others] would have been interesting to the ear and shown Gaga has created something interesting. I would bet it would grow on the GP and they'd get it.

Instead, they bet on A-Yo, that is broad enough to possibly be a smash, but considering it's bland and not that great a song - probably won't. 

I really completely understand why Gaga has no interest in trying to keep up with the industry or be the next Madonna... it is soul-draining. 

tumblr_noy5v5Vk2R1slj24go1_500.gif 

Poope MOnster
50 minutes ago, jajagaga1896 said:

A-YO is gaga Favourite so.. 

:awkney:

this is song clearly her fav because a buch of promotion her give for this song 

u can see it with her short document

how much gaga love this song

Actually, I think A-Yo would SLAY. My friend Nicky doesn't like her, and I played A-Yo in the car for her and she was singing it ALL WEEKEND.

SLAY-YO

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Not promo.. the other way around, sistren! She'll definitely play Joanne (for which it might be a single later) but I meant they maybe want the SB fans to know A-Yo beforehand so that they can enjoy it instead of it being a random Gaga song being played that nobody knows about.

If it's a single it will be a well-known bop among the GP. "Oh, she sang that Mirror on the Ceiling song, such a catchy bop- I mean tune" :laughga:

And dear god, I hope she doesn't do Hey Girl. That song is such a boner killer, imo. :awkney: Not an SB friendly track, tbh.

Diamond Heart is almost made to be played at a show like SB. Hope she does that.

I hope if Florance will be her guest, they will duet Dog Days Are Over.

With Tony I hope she can get him to do Joanne with him. And I hope she stays away from Angel Down at the SB. 

LilVenusian
48 minutes ago, Poope MOnster said:

A-YO is gaga Favourite so.. 

:awkney:

this is song clearly her fav because a buch of promotion her give for this song 

u can see it with her short document

how much gaga love this song

Ayo is her most un-personal lyrics on the album and you could see in the mini doco her struggling to make sure the GP will like it (Mark tells gaga make the songs lyrics more like Uptown Funk and she sighs and says shes been tryna do that for the "past 3 months") 

Just wait until the mini-doco comes out for Joanne/Angel Down/Diamond Heart and you will see what real love is 

wqd2Ak2.gif 

avalon x
3 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Diamond Heart is almost made to be played at a show like SB. Hope she does that.

With Tony I hope she can get him to do Joanne with him. And I hope she stays away from Angel Down at the SB. 

I have no idea what Tony's going to do there. :laughga: Maybe she'll start with a Jazz tune and outfit-change into a pop performance.

LilVenusian
7 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

I have a very specific vision of her singing Angel Down at the SB with a massive children choir and  with images of the police brutality victims flashing on screen and the entire stadium being shook by how moving it is. Like how could you even say that...

wqd2Ak2.gif 

Archived