💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Joanne songs did you delete?

mmm

Featured Posts

Why delete songs, just listen to the songs you feel like listening to... I personally love all the songs and have no need to delete anything.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusian
5 hours ago, Fay said:

Yes deleting Angel Down is considered racist now.. its also not an expose as my opinion about BLM is public.. also, I love beyonce Formation yet its about BLM.

i didnt ask

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Dominic

Didn't delete but Joanne, Come To Mama and Hey Girl tend to get skipped. I might delete Angel Down WT though because it's just so inferior to Angel Down 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

41 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

Isn't it easier to create a playlist with songs you like the most? Or just buy individual songs, not the whole album? Weird. 

I bought the whole album to support the album and Gaga. I dont like playlists.

Thomas P

Are you ill???? You deleted some of the best songs. 

WHY ARE YOU DELETING SONGS FROM THE ALBUM?????????

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

**** I couldn't imagine deleting songs off albums. Maybe it's my OCD, or maybe because I come from a background of Vinyl and really obsessing over the album format. Especially when it's from artists that really put a lot of effort into an entire record.

Its just not something I've ever done. I'll admit that I will skip songs if they are super horrendous (but even that is rare). I can't blame someone for doing this I suppose. I'm almost a masochist where I put up with songs I don't actually like sometimes. I always listen to an album front to back - even when they have songs I don't like. At least to me, it would be like skipping scenes in a movie because I didn't like 10 min here and there (not the best analogy since movies have a story that relies on previous scenes).

As far as Jonne goes - if someone forced me to delete songs, I would definitely delete A-Yo and Perfect Illusion. Both these songs don't fit into the records overall cohesive sound. Neither does Dancin in Circles, but the song is damn good compared to the first two I mentioned.

So yeah, couldn't ever delete songs. But it would have to be those two (for the sake of this thread's question).

To me deleting songs is an insult to Gaga's work and efforts. :madge:

Even if you don't like some, they are all part of the album/experience.

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

6 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

A-YO, John Wayne, Come to Mama are songs I tend to skip.

Didnt know people disliked John Wayne. Very interesting.

Mama I can totally understand. I love it because it's a perfect 50s pop production. But it also doesn't fit on the record at all. And I can understand why the schmaltzy sound could be a turn off for some. But im a sucker for Phil Spector era pop.  Almost makes me wish she would make an entire album like this ( I know people would hate that though hah).

TopDomBoy

I do that for randoms albums, never with my faves. 

In Joanne I skip A-Yo, PI, Come To Mama, Hey Girl, Girgio Girls and Just Another Day. 

All monsters are human, you are a monster.

I am kind of curious now. But do people think Mama is a horrible song? Like would you have liked the song if it was in a different context? Like say she released an EP or album that was completely 50s/60s Phil Spector pop, would that song work more for you then?

Or do people just hate the song full on? And if so, I'm curious what people actually hate about it. Not because I can't understand. More like im curious now. I can def understabd the lyrics are a bit cheesy. And the sound is very shmalzty. But that's the style of those songs ( in that era). They were very over dramatic and sentimental.

Edit:

I just think the song really nails the production / style of that era. I do think that the song is out of place on the album (stylistically). But I'm more curious if people think it's a bad song (like poor writing), or if it's just a subjective thing (you just don't like the style of the song), or perhaps the song suffers from not fitting in the Tracklist.

Jonathan Florencio
6 hours ago, High King said:

Well damn. I really like the song, it just gives me a 80's Christmas film vibe. That's not a bad thing. Chill. 

WE CANNOT CHILL KNOWNING THAT YOU ARE NOT COMING TO MAMA

Spoiler

just kidding :ladyhaha: but it's one of my favs

27 minutes ago, gagu said:

To me deleting songs is an insult to Gaga's work and efforts. :madge:

Even if you don't like some, they are all part of the album/experience.

I dont mind insulting Gaga and her work, im only interested in listening to music I love..

Archived