ReidOne
4 minutes ago, FLP13 said:

I just opened a bottle of alcohol and began reading this now im in tears. :'(

:hug:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Well I hope that's not what happened to her. It could really turn this album into something VERY dark, especially the songs Angel Down and Joanne, but I hope it's not as deep as you guys think it is with these theories. Plus, miscarriage is something very hard and painful and I hope Gaga never goes through something like this.

Christina

Interesting theory. I must admit, you're very creative. Even if this topic (miscarriage) is very serious, you were very careful with your words and very respectful, I appreciate the effort you put in this post. This theory is very well-thought-out, however I think that you are reaching. We all perceive things differently, f.e. the line '' You're giving me a million reasons to let you go'' can be seen as Gaga saying that she wants to let go of the world (suicide) because of every horrible thing that is happening right now (terrorism, wars etc). See what I just did there? I was digging too deep into the meaning of the line. It's not a bad thing, it's actually fun to find different ways to explain a song, but the theories you posted, even if they're believable are just reaching a bit too much. I don't think Gaga would put a song about masturbation in an album about her miscarriage(I would love if you analyzed DIC too). Moreover, I think that Gaga was just treating and enjoying herself, during the time that she looked pregnant, plus, Gaga is tiny and when short people gain a bit of weight it's more obvious than if someone tall gained a few pounds (I know this, because I'm short too). Furthermore, I just hope Gaga didn't go through a miscarriage, it's extremely hard and painful to go through.  If this theory turns out to be true, the album will take a whole different turn.

You are one of my favorite members here, so just remember that I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just posting my opinion :hug:

My mom says I'm cool

doppelganger

Interesting theory - i do agree that she isn't revealing everything there is about the songs that were written. PI is clearly more than just about social media. MR is clearly more than just about the "men in her life" and the one man that she needs (her father.

Some of the songs are quintessential Gaga in a sense that it could be interpreted multiple ways. 

SilkSpectre0

I know you mean well but this thread makes m uncomfortable  :/ Miscarriages are incredibly common and they're private because they can be painful and confusing. I don't think anyone should ever ponder on whether someone else has experienced that even if they're famous. We know gaga has said she was in emotional pain writing this album however what she chooses to reveal about that pain is up to her and we shouldn't theorise extra stuff. 

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Interesting theory. I must admit, you're very creative. Even if this topic (miscarriage) is very serious, you were very careful with your words and very respectful, I appreciate the effort you put in this post. This theory is very well-thought-out, however I think that you are reaching. We all perceive things differently, f.e. the line '' You're giving me a million reasons to let you go'' can be seen as Gaga saying that she wants to let go of the world (suicide) because of every horrible thing that is happening right now (terrorism, wars etc). See what I just did there? I was digging too deep into the meaning of the line. It's not a bad thing, it's actually fun to find different ways to explain a song, but the theories you posted, even if they're believable are just reaching a bit too much. I don't think Gaga would put a song about masturbation in an album about her miscarriage(I would love if you analyzed DIC too). Moreover, I think that Gaga was just treating and enjoying herself, during the time that she looked pregnant, plus, Gaga is tiny and when short people gain a bit of weight it's more obvious than if someone tall gained a few pounds (I know this, because I'm short too). Furthermore, I just hope Gaga didn't go through a miscarriage, it's extremely hard and painful to go through.  If this theory turns out to be true, the album will take a whole different turn.

You are one of my favorite members here, so just remember that I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just posting my opinion :hug:

Omg exactly!!! I'm 4'11 and when I was pregnant with my daughter I looked like the swollen blueberry girl from Willy Wonka haha

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Christina
1 minute ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Omg exactly!!! I'm 4'11 and when I was pregnant with my daughter I looked like the swollen blueberry girl from Willy Wonka haha

You're even shorter than I am! I'm 5'1 and I'm always the shortest out of all my friends

My mom says I'm cool

Letmelivemylife
1 minute ago, Christina said:

You're even shorter than I am! I'm 5'1 and I'm always the shortest out of all my friends

Lol I have to carry a copy of my birth certificate when I go to the movie theater to buy R -rated tickets because the ticket guy always thinks my ID is fake. Dead serious lol

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

SilkSpectre0
2 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm 5" and if I gain 5 pounds even people could mistake me for having a baby bump. I think gaga was just chilling out and enjoying herself when we saw her a little thicker. She's made a point in recent promo of saying she doesn't naturally look how we see her at the moment.

SilkSpectre0
10 hours ago, ReidOne said:

Also, I would be lying if I said my feelings aren't a little hurt that so many users are judging and attacking me for approaching this subject. I really don't see what is so "taboo" about sharing this theory in a heartfelt manner, or what would be so offensive/hurtful if Gaga read it? 

It would be one thing if I were making jokes about the subject or trying to spread gossip, but what I'm doing is the opposite. I'm just trying to understand her! 

She, herself, has made videos about abortions, songs about rape, songs about death... how am I being out of line by asking the question if this project may have something to do with miscarriage? 

And most of all how is it "rude" of me to share my thoughts about this when I am doing so in an effort to better understand where her heart is with this project? I mean, people have been on here for months saying they "hate this concept" and "hate this era" and "stupid to name the album Joanne" etc... I'm giving her the time, thought, and credit that there may be more pain being shared here than meets the eye. If ONLY half the users on here would give her this much thought, they might think twice before throwing their shady, useless opinions around about her art. 

I would be shocked if she would not appreciate fans approaching her music this way. Even if they are wrong! 

People are free to talk about their own experiences with rape/ abortion and miscarriage however someine else pontificating on it is over the line. Not bashing you but there's no way gaga wouldn't be offended if she saw this. ESPECIALLY if it's true. Especially if as you theorise she had been trying to conceive. These subjects are really personal and off limits to anyone who hasn't gone through them. 

Katie14
2 hours ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

People are free to talk about their own experiences with rape/ abortion and miscarriage however someine else pontificating on it is over the line. Not bashing you but there's no way gaga wouldn't be offended if she saw this. ESPECIALLY if it's true. Especially if as you theorise she had been trying to conceive. These subjects are really personal and off limits to anyone who hasn't gone through them. 

I feel like members should be free to discuss anything on this site as long as they are respectful. One of the reasons Gaga talked about her experiences with sexual assault for example was to try to make the subject less taboo and get people to feel comfortable talking about it. Ultimately more victims will reveal their stories if they feel safe discussing what happened with others. 

JustYouandI
16 hours ago, Letmelivemylife said:

Between us I've always felt that gaga had lost a child in some way (whether through an abortion when she was just starting out or through a miscarriage) and that's why she's so maternal with her monsters. We represent the child that she lost. It's that maternal instinct that drives her to want to be near us and to shelter us from the big bad world. I interpreted come to mama as "the world is a scary place but I'll always be here to protect you when it just gets to be too much and you wanna hide". The video of that guy recording a convo with her monsters that somebody posted on here is a perfect example of her maternal instinct towards us. She got angry and told him to delete it because he intruded on a private moment with us. Yeah she's sweet and loving but she'll go from 0-100 in the blink of an eye if she believes that we're being threatened. Nothing scarier than a mama protecting her "babies" or in this case "monsters" 

Wao, that gives it another perspective. I agree.

Glamourpuss

It's none of our business what Gaga has been through in her personal life. We should all respect her privacy and not speculate on this any further. 

Even if it was the truth there is a reason Gaga hasn't shared it with us. And we all should respect that. But I think it's a completely fabricated fan-made theory. 

Archived