Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Low Key Dragged Madonna ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoCo1 said:

It's pretentious in that she falsely paints herself as superior to Madonna by implying Madonna doesn't write, doesn't produce, isn't spontaneous, is afraid to fail, etc.

You assume she meant to imply that.  Given that she often does not word things well, she might not have meant to imply that.  I don't think she did. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

No. I just feel that we are ALL so tired of this persistent comparison. There is so much more to wonder and find out about while talking with Lady Gaga as she is releasing new music.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Gaga just completely embarrassed herself here #sorrynotsorry

Gaga has just unfortunately reignited this pathetic feud that so many of us want to see dead and buried for good now and she only has herself to blame. She knows damn well that Madonna plays instruments, writes and co writes her own music and produces/co produces as well. Even BloodPop who worked with Madonna on Devil Pray (incidentally a track featuring the very sound Gaga chose for Joanne) stated publicly how involved Madonna is in the process.

Heck Madonna even started out in bands in the early 80's playing drums, guitar, singing and writing her own material and Gaga who used to mad Stan for Madonna (check out the liner notes on The Fame if you don't believe me) knows this. 

What is her ****ing problem? The feud never bothered me until now. I still love and play Born This Way to this day but Gaga has out and out lied about Madonna. And saying that her art is down to just 'rehearsal' is ridiculous. Gaga like all pop entertainers rehearses before performing live and rehearses hard which has been confirmed by a dancer she once used who also happened to work for Madonna. He happened to comment that Gaga was the hardest working person he'd ever met. What gives with this bitch?

This whole 'I'm an effortless hipster chick' thing now is just total bullshit and EMBARASSINGLY try hard and inauthentic. I won't be purchasing Joanne now and will never purchase another Gaga record again until she comes down a few pegs and stops lying to her fans. 

Incidentally Madonna has just been nominated for the 2017 Songwriting Hall of Fame.

LittleBoot

I can see why people would interpret this as being pretty shady. Madonna is a "nice lady"?  :toofunny::deadbanana:

I'd like to give Gaga the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't the best choice of wording and she really would know better -- love or hate Madonna -- she does write her own songs, produce, and spend time in a studio and do more than just exist a pop star. Today she was just nominated for the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.

But as for the theory of Gaga not expecting the question or being caught off guard...really? She should have just asked the reporter or every reporter from the get go to just ask about Madonna and get it over with. :deadbanana:

XoXoJoanneGaga
11 minutes ago, Ronk said:

You assume she meant to imply that.  Given that she often does not word things well, she might not have meant to imply that.  I don't think she did. 

Ok, that's fine, but as has been pointed out her phrasing is very pointed and it's hard to interpret it otherwise without reaching, so it's really the ones saying she meant no harm that are doing the assuming. I just rewatched the footage and I can't imagine what else she might have been trying to convey.

IamChromatica

NO, she's just tired of some Madonna fans calling her a copycat and untalented! PutYourPawsDown will surely milk this so :shrug:

Honestly, I think she purposefully chose her words to create ambiguity. 

Her words implied she starts her music from scratch, thus not particularly copying anyone. 

But the way she structured it, especially with the "we're different" bit was definitely a jab. 

44 minutes ago, CoCo1 said:

Ok, that's fine, but as has been pointed out her phrasing is very pointed and it's hard to interpret it otherwise without reaching, so it's really the ones saying she meant no harm that are doing the assuming. I just rewatched the footage and I can't imagine what else she might have been trying to convey.

I understand.  I'll bet her words would have been quite different in an essay where she had time to reflect and rework and edit her words.  Her poorly worded statements have frustrated me for years because everyone jumps on them.  Even her tweets are sometimes not worded exactly with the thoughts she intended.  When people point out how a tweet was interpreted, she sometimes admits she didn't intend to offend anyone.  I'm just guessing, but it could be she has so much on her plate she doesn't take the time to always be precise and clear, and is willing to take the lumps.  It is, after all, very difficult to always word things in a way that there is no room at all for misinterpretation.

I live outside the space time continuum.

malazam

She didn't! She said 'I make my ****, ok? this is me, I'm not anyone else!'

another shot before we kiss the other side

Joshie S

i think she's just over being compared to everyone else, where as she literally said that she is her own person, she's not "dragging" these people, she's just being honest lol

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

lucastecala

You know what? I get her. It must be ****ing enfuriating having people telling you that YOUR journey,YOUR music, YOUR creativity, YOUR ideas are not yours, they're Madonna's. **** them. Gaga has had it. And she won't take it anymore **** from NOBODY. Because she doesn't have to anymore. She's earned it. That's the place she is now. A place where she is fed up. And she won't have this bullshit anymore. And whats more beautiful, is that it's not in an insecure way, like it might be, like I was afraid it was by her addressing every single negative comment. Watching Zane's interview with her I finally got it. She is not insecure and trying reaffirm herself. She is self assured now enough not to let people ****ING tell her who the hell she is and how to make music.

Archived