Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Low Key Dragged Madonna ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

display name
Just now, TylerBR97 said:

THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE WAS TRYING TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This. Honestly, it's just poor phrasing. Y'all are thinking harder about it than Gaga was thinking about the words that were coming out of her own mouth. Didn't she just say last week that interviews are not her forte? Give her a break, instead of being so dramatic.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green

I think she's just saying that their creative processes are different

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Just now, VAMP said:

I do think her phrasing was poorly thought out.

This is one thing Gaga has been bad at for years and years.  Yes, she is really bad at something.  She doesn't know how to word things such in a way that there is no possible way her words can be misinterpreted.  If anyone can find even the smallest way to construe her words as a shade or a drag, they will jump on it and often drag Gaga to the depth of hell for it.

Over the years, if you look closely at her words in context you find that nearly all the instances where she was accused of shading were just her being lighthearted, kidding around, or being casual and just not choosing her words closely.  Her nature is to not be a shady person and to not drag others.  Of course she is human and sometimes slips up, but those instances are very rare.

Before accusing Gaga of shading or dragging, it would be wise to look again at what she said, this time considering the kind of person she really is, and give her the benefit of the doubt.  Consider that her words may have been poorly chosen, and there is no more to it than that.

People on this site seem to relish shading and dragging, and praise Gaga when they think she did that, but that is the opposite of what Gaga stands for as a person.

I live outside the space time continuum.

She dragged her period. It wasn't that pretty, but it's what she thinks, if she thinks so. She clearly thinks she's far superior, which is kinda of problematic. But okay. This is summed, yeah but we're different cause i have talent and know my ****. That's so wrong but okay, i guess

If she said, she can't sing **** and i slay i would applaud. I hate when she's roundabout and still shady as ****. Be honest girl

1 minute ago, Killa said:

She dragged her period. It wasn't that pretty, but it's what she thinks, if she thinks so. She clearly thinks she's far superior, which is kinda of problematic. But okay. This is summed, yeah but we're different cause i have talent and know my ****. That's so wrong but okay, i guess

You're killin' me, Killa.  I look at it differently, but we can agree to disagree.

display name
4 minutes ago, Ronk said:

This is one thing Gaga has been bad at for years and years.  Yes, she is really bad at something.  She doesn't know how to word things such in a way that there is no possible way her words can be misinterpreted.  If anyone can find even the smallest way to construe her words as a shade or a drag, they will jump on it and often drag Gaga to the depth of hell for it.

Over the years, if you look closely at her words in context you find that nearly all the instances where she was accused of shading were just her being lighthearted, kidding around, or being casual and just not choosing her words closely.  Her nature is to not be a shady person and to not drag others.  Of course she is human and sometimes slips up, but those instances are very rare.

Before accusing Gaga of shading or dragging, it would be wise to look again at what she said, this time considering the kind of person she really is, and give her the benefit of the doubt.  Consider that her words may have been poorly chosen, and there is no more to it than that.

People on this site seem to relish shading and dragging, and praise Gaga when they think she did that, but that is the opposite of what Gaga stands for as a person.

All of this. Sometimes with Gaga (and others as well), you really need to put more effort into thinking about what she's trying to say, as opposed to jumping to conclusions based on what she actually said. Gaga's wording here is problematic, but really, she gave her some high praise in the same breath. Just think about it for a second, based on who Gaga is.

To anyone who can't see it here -

"Madonna and I are very different, ( ... ) I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music. I spend hours and hours a day in the studio, I'm a producer, I'm a writer. What I do is different."

She's literally implying that Madonna doesn't do those things.

"I'm not just rehearsing over and over again to put on a show. There's a spontaneity in my work. I allow myself to fail, I allow myself to break, I'm not afraid to of my flaws. There are major differences between me and her."

Now she's literally listing bad things and saying she doesn't do / does them, but Madge does / doesn't.

Saying you're different to someone and then listing off why you're good literally implies they don't do those things or aren't good at it.

I'm still a firm believer that she just got carried away in her explanation because there's receipts to literally disprove every single comment she made about Madge if she meant them :emma: I'm still pissed this wasn't cut from the interview or the interviewer didn't prod for Gaga to correct herself a little because this could turn messy.

3 minutes ago, VAMP said:

All of this. Sometimes with Gaga (and others as well), you really need to put more effort into thinking about what she's trying to say, as opposed to jumping to conclusions based on what she actually said. Gaga's wording here is problematic, but really, she gave her some high praise in the same breath. Just think about it for a second, based on who Gaga is.

This is so important:  "based on who Gaga is".  One of the ways she helps people is by being a mentor to her fans and by leading by example.  Her core beliefs are kindness and positivity, which includes not shading or dragging others.  I think she would be dismayed to find that some people believe she is a shady person.

47 minutes ago, CoCo1 said:

It's pretentious in that she falsely paints herself as superior to Madonna by implying Madonna doesn't write, doesn't produce, isn't spontaneous, is afraid to fail, etc.

Honey if you intend on adding multiple layers of unnecessary meaning to what Gaga has said please stop posting or at least change your avatar. I ****ing love John Hamm and I cannot bear seeing posts solely intended on disliking Gaga with his face. :madge:

No, her words will always be taken in the wrong way no matter what she says on the subject. It's pretty frank, and honest. This is Gaga establishing herself as a musician, and away from comparisons to Madonna.

"I don't mean to disrespect Madonna."

"She's a nice lady. And she's had a fantastic huge career. She's the biggest pop star of all time."

"What I do is different."

"I allow myself to fail, I allow myself to break, I'm not afraid to of my flaws."

"I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, I just will not be compared to anyone anymore. I am who the f**k I am."

DeanWinchester

It can be interpreted as a drag/shade, which the media will. I like both of them a lot and I do believe everybody will benefit with both of them doing a collab to really shut this down for good :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, Robo Ga said:

I am glad she said what she said. It's about time Gaga stood up for herself.  I love confident Gaga. The one who can say "F**k off, I'm the best."  She has the support of so many absolutely LEGENDARY artists. She does not need respect from an old hag who talked sh*t about her and Elton for years.  I think Gaga was actually pretty respectful with her comments. If it was me, I would've had less restraint and probably would've dragged her harder. 

lmao you're my new best friend 

LIFE IS GOOD

I don't really care what she says about Madonna at this point. Especially after the "Reductive" fiasco and literally going out of her way to perform Born This Way at her tour. Madonna's attitude towards Gaga and the unnecessary comparisons have always been nonsensical. I'm glad she sticking up for herself. She's taken people's bullshit for too long. 

It's her life story it's different than anyone else's and to take that heartfelt moment and turn it into a papa don't preach comparison was just ridiculous. 

Archived