💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Low Key Dragged Madonna ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

They are both cocky tbh. That's why they'd never collaborate. The comparisons are unnecessary though i agree with Gaga about that.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The host started to compare their life story for God's sake. "Guess who else was rebellious against her father? Madonna. Papa Don't Preach." That was so unnecessary and annoying.

FreePalestine

LaLuna

Dragged? No. Shaded? Yes. 

I think at this point she's just sick of being compared to Madonna, and it's perfectly understandable imo. I mean, for years people have been like "Lady Gaga is a copycat, Madonna did it first, Gaga is trying so hard to be Madonna". To this day, Medonsters still drag her. I'm not saying Gaga hasn't been inspired by Madge, but she's a totally different kind of artist (and person). 

Just don't speculate over it. U know what happened last time.

Madonna: It (Born This Way) feels Reductive.

Madge and Gaga fans: Madonna called Gaga Reductive. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

I don't think she meant to come across the way she did. She said some things that implied Madonna doesn't work hard (which isn't true, at all) but it's just because she got carried away with what she was trying to say. We all cock up now and again.

This wasn't a live interview was it? I'm shocked someone in Gaga's team didn't ask for it to be cut unless they're really trying to get promo from feuds with everyone :emma:

Katsuki Bakugo

Well there is proof that not all of Madonna's songs are written or produced by her. Same with Gaga as well. But Gaga feels she is more heavily involved than Madonna and let her think what she wants. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Lextyr97
13 minutes ago, ScotHML said:

Ah ok. Now you explained it that way I get it. 

If you watch the video, you can see it in her face. She had not the slightest of the motive to talk **** about Madonna. She passionately praised Madonna's career. You can see that, but people are choosing to ignore that. It was just very poorly phrased, and it's very unfortunate.

XoXoJoanneGaga
10 minutes ago, VAMP said:

Really? How is it pretentious? Does Gaga not spend time in studios, play instruments, or write songs?

It's pretentious in that she falsely paints herself as superior to Madonna by implying Madonna doesn't write, doesn't produce, isn't spontaneous, is afraid to fail, etc.

Lextyr97
Just now, CoCo1 said:

It's pretentious in that she falsely paints herself as superior to Madonna by implying Madonna doesn't write, doesn't produce, isn't spontaneous, is afraid to fail, etc.

THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE WAS TRYING TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I mean she's had years of comparisons, to music she works really hard on. I can imagine she's sick of it! She's Gaga, she's doing her own thing, she is her own person.

she's 30, she's not playing ahaha

XoXoJoanneGaga
5 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE WAS TRYING TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

She prefaces those comments by saying she wouldn't make the comparison between her and Madonna, then goes on to list all those supposed differences, and then immediately follows them up with "what I do is different", and "there are major differences between me and her." 

There's no other reasonable way to construe that paragraph. So if that's not what she was trying to do than it was extremely poor phrasing.

Andres Miller

She was trying to prove the point that her work is independent of Madonna and vice versa. Anyone who says otherwise is simply trying add fuel to the flames, so stfu.

Lextyr97
Just now, CoCo1 said:

She prefaces those comments by saying she wouldn't make the comparison between her and Madonna, then goes on to list all those supposed differences, and then immediately follows them up with "there are major differences between me and her." 

There's no other reasonable way to construe that paragraph. So if that's not what she was trying to do than it was extremely poor phrasing.

That's exactly what is. Here is my other comment:

"If you watch the video, you can see it in her face. She had not the slightest of the motive to talk **** about Madonna. She passionately praised Madonna's career. You can see that, but people are choosing to ignore that. It was just very poorly phrased, and it's very unfortunate."

The way she spoke about Madonna, there was NO way in ****ing hell she actually meant what was perceived. Not a chance. All she meant was that she makes her music from scratch. She has not a single bit of an intention of copying anyone. That was the entire point.

Archived