Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What song SHOULD HAVE been the lead single?

Awrah999

Which song off of Joanne should've been the lead single?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which song off of Joanne should've been the lead single?

• Diamond Heart
    • A-yo
    • Joanne
    • John Wayne
    • Dancin' in Circles
    • Perfect Illusion
    • Million Reasons
    • Come to Mama
    • Angel Down
    • Hey Girl/Sinner's Prayer (specify in the thread :D )

Featured Posts

Loyalty

Diamond Heart should have been the lead and it would of smashed. 

Hopefully they make the right choice for the second single tho

tumblr_nl9mqd03qR1u6n38po1_250.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster

I don't know why people think Diamond Heart should have been the lead single. It is a good Gaga song, and that's all; it is not super catchy, or an extraordinary piece of art. 

A-YO is really catchy but too generic to be lead of a Gaga Album in my opinion.

Dancin' In Circles could also be a risky choice as lead single because of its lyrics since it would highlight Gaga image as a dull non-sense pop star, even though it is arguably the most catchy pure pop song on the album.

I went with Angel Down because it is very different from Gaga's all previous lead singles musically, it is a pop ballad with gospel elements. Also it is very catchy, production is simple and amazing; overall, it is a beautiful song. It fits well with Gaga's image as an activist. I could imagine her comeback Angel Down performance with theatrical elements like as if the performance is from a musical, including lyric dancing etc.

1 minute ago, FlyingF said:

PI was the perfect first single choice. DH would bomb as a single, and that's the top and bottom of it. Sick of Little Managers who don't know how this stuff even works ramming unsolicited opinions down everyone elses throat. Left up to some of you she wouldn't even have a career left :rip: 

Yes, because PI worked so well. Listen, if you like it as a song, that's awesome. But it's kind of odd to come for others' logic and then try and say that PI was a winning choice when it obviously wasn't.

Delulu Rogers
7 minutes ago, Klou said:

Diamond Heart has great verses and a big chorus like you'd expect from Gaga. Sounds like a lead single.

this

Doncho

Diamond Heart is my favorite but Perfect Illusion is my choice for the first single. If they wanted they could of made it a hit

2 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Million Reasons, and it should also have been the Title of the Album.

What? Why would the album be titled Million Reasons? Joanne is clearly the core of this album. Have you listened to any of the interviews?

Oh, and the correct answer is MR, which is still floating around in the top 40 on itunes with zero radio support. PI? 93.

This is empirical evidence, folks. 

Clearly, MR actually connected with people. It also probably is the song that sounds the most at home situated among other contempo radio trends. It may not be her most unique song, but people clearly like it.

ETA- talking the US market, obvi.

The Child

Joanne :queenga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child

I don't like Diamond Heart, she screams way too much for my taste. If I ever wanted to listen to someone screaming I would listen to some Xtina or Demi songs.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Anderson123

Perfect Illusion, actually. It's the most "lead single" like song on the album. ANY other song would've been destroyed on these forums and compared to Bad Romance because "It's not lead single material".

I'd have loved to see Joanne as the lead single, I'm pretty sure Gaga is thinking about releasing this song.

14 minutes ago, kupo said:

Yes, because PI worked so well. Listen, if you like it as a song, that's awesome. But it's kind of odd to come for others' logic and then try and say that PI was a winning choice when it obviously wasn't.

Nope, I didn't even say whether I liked the song or I didn't. It was the most commercially viable one to lead the album for a number of reasons, none of the other songs could have been the lead, they would have had even less success.

Just now, FlyingF said:

Nope, I didn't even say whether I liked the song or I didn't. It was the most commercially viable one to lead the album for a number of reasons, none of the other songs could have been the lead, they would have had even less success.

Except, again, we have evidence to the contrary (the fact that MR is having more staying power on itunes than PI without any radio or promotional support whatsoever).

Anastasia

I'm the only one who voted Hey Girl :toofunny:

I doubt it would've been a huge hit but it scalped and f*cked me til sunday so idc :firega:

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Archived