Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Joanne is deserving of these 60% and below reviews?

Klou

Does Joanne deserve the hate?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Does Joanne deserve the hate?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boneknuckleskin
10 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

You do realize that albums like Revival / Confident / Glory... All have +70? 

:what:

I think most of the reviewers are bias. You can't expect a huge madonna stan to praise Gaga tbh. So i dont believe them.:ladyhaha:

Rock N Roll B*tches!

PMKKARDASHiAN

I think 60 is low, but not by much. 

I'd say between 65-70. It's a decent album, with a couple high points but mainly middle of the road with only a few lows. 

I do think the critics should review the album and not the artist, and most of the fluff of the actual articles are irrelevant to what they need to be doing. 

No, it doesn't. Especially not in the sea of mediocre records and boring artists. 

And I couldn't tell the same with ARTPOP, though I appreciated it, I couldn't connect with it the way I does with Joanne.

No matter what she will do the critics will eat her alive..

She's Gaga after all..

When lyrics like "I slay yes I slay" are praised by critics, I don't take them seriously..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

erikaisamonster

I'm not surprised that the reviews are mixed - but the NYT article was extremely offensive. He kept saying how there were strong moments yet didn't seem to mention what those were. He just continued bashing her :grr: 

I was hoping to see solid 70/80's across the board. Hopefully as more reviews roll out the reviews will be better :) 

I think it's different because we all follow Gaga so closely and know her background and story - these dumb critics just don't get it 

xxx

TropicOfCANCER
33 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Would have been interesting to have seen her release it under a pseudonym.

no offense, but what would that have done? It's not like critics wouldn't be able to tell its Gaga.

It deserves at least 80+ to be fair and I don't even like (much) half of the tracks in there. But they are probably doing this because they just can't see the authenticity of it all and I can't blame them much tbh, I've been struggling to find anything authentic about this era since P.I. release and kind of failing. :smh:

it wasn't laaaahv

there are at least 5 good songs songs, out of 13, and PI is awesome, . that makes it a 75, not her best work , but a very good effort.

DeanWinchester

I mean why would they call her inauthentic/untrue when this is her most personal and stripped-down album/era yet?? It makes their hate so transparent.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived