💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Throwback: Solange blasted NYT Reviewer Jon Caramanica

Gov Hooka

Featured Posts

Gov Hooka

http://hiphollywood.com/2016/02/solange-slams-new-york-times-writer-jon-caramanica/

So after the bullshit review, written by Jon Caramanica, that contextualized Gaga and Joanne to the point that it was more about her than her music, I think this article is relevant to understand the kind of "criticthis person is. 

Solange blasted him by saying,

"Some of these music blogs could actually benefit from hiring people who REALLY understand the culture of R&B to write about R&B. Like you really should know about deep Brandy album cuts before you are giving a "grade" or a "score" to any R&B artist."

Jon Caramanica responded with this mess,

"The only reason that Solange’s success this past year has even been a thing is only because of these same people that she’s lambasting, like there would be no Solange record if the dude from Grizzly Bear didn’t put it out. There would be no Solange interests if all of a sudden people that have not historically been interested in r&b hadn’t decided to pay attention to Miguel and The Weeknd and Drake. So you know, first of all, let’s talk about biting the hand that feeds you. If I was Solange, I would be a little bit worried about that."

Solange responded (3 years later) with this:

"Don't you EVER tell a Black woman, not to "Bite the hand that feeds you" while speaking in reference to white people. My father "fed me" when he was hosed down and forced to walk on hot pavement barefoot in civil rights marches in Alabama. With all due respect, the people who you named were responsible for my "success" wish they could feed me half of what growing up in 3rd Ward. Houston Texas, fed me."

The fact that he even insinuated that an artist would be nothing without the critics is absurd. His career wouldn't even exist without the artists making music that he so shoddily critiques!

Katsuki Bakugo

This mess (the critic) has a storm coming. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
Just now, Will Stehlik said:

wow this guy is kind of a d**k

Not kind of, Is one.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

"Don't you EVER tell a Black woman, not to "Bite the hand that feeds you" while speaking in reference to white people. My father "fed me" when he was hosed down and forced to walk on hot pavement barefoot in civil rights marches in Alabama. With all due respect, the people who you named were responsible for my "success" wish they could feed me half of what growing up in 3rd Ward. Houston Texas, fed me."

Very well said! I honestly think this critic is nothing more than a troll

He betta not mess with Solange, or he is going to catch some hands and legs. 

Also, Solange's new album "A Seat at the Table" is on iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Lord Temptation

"I stand here waiting for YOU (music lovers) to bang the gong. To crash the critic saying: 'Is it right or is it wrong?'"

- lyric from Applause, ARTPOP (2013)

wow this really puts his comments on Gaga into context. Seems like a very pompous man to say that critics made her art by publicizing it?!

Gagaloo911

What a disgusting man. 

He's very clearly sexist and now low-key racist. 

Archived